.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers (Read Only) > Projects

Soliciting gamemode ideas

(1/4) > >>

Deathie:
I made the TTT mainly because I wanted to just start making stuff. It's a really fun feeling to create shit and see other people use it.

I started working on my own gamemode a while back, which was my own personal take on the dayz-survival style. I started to get overwhelmed though and couldn't satisfy myself. I would go back and completely re-write or change features even after completing them and would want to revise practically anything I made.

I figured it'd be better to start simple though, and try to lay out a proper framework for something people would find fun. It'd be a good practice for me too.

Anyways, I'm just wondering if any of you had an idea for a gamemode that you really wanted to see done. Could be something written from base, or mounted on fretta.

Don't feel constrained to what Gmod is capable of, it's changed a lot over the last couple years. You can do a lot more with it than you used to. It's not nearly as limited in its functionality. Seriously, pitch anything. I want to hear it.

Monorail Cat:
I've always wanted to see something like a racing gamemode, which could either be skill-based (like Gran Turismo) or combat-based (like Mario Kart).  It would be fun to have a fast-paced game like that, with power-ups and stuff.  Another variation of this idea could be with airplanes, though that may be more of a combat-oriented game instead of a race.

Another idea I had was for a silly, stupid, simple game.  Pretty much, it's a FFA game where everyone spawns empty-handed across an arena, and scattered all over the place are objects of significance (Think an Easter Egg hunt).  The objective is to gather as many "eggs" as possible before the time runs out.  However, there's a twist: Some of the "eggs" may be launchable (Think a dodgeball in the dodgeball gamemode).  These are spawned less often, but once obtained, the player may launch it at someone else, and if it hits, the other player loses a portion of their "eggs".  As I said, this game would be pretty shallow, but it would also be fun because of the chaos and competitiveness (Think Pedobear Escape).

Out of the two ideas I provided right here, I think the easter egg hunt game would be the best because 1) it's a simple idea 2) it's hectic and fast-paced and 3) games already exist for those who want to race stuff.

TehHank:
I really want a stranded like gamemode, like winter survival, except less cold.

blαh2355:

--- Quote from: TehHank on September 30, 2015, 08:40:13 AM ---I really want a stranded like gamemode, like winter survival, except less cold.

--- End quote ---
Summer survival. Survive the steam sales.

On a serious note:

Tank vs. Tank combat?

Jet dog fighting? Helicopters?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjevJbgz9I8#
I could provide more details if you're interested. Otherwise...

Cable:

--- Quote from: blαh2355 on September 30, 2015, 06:39:04 PM ---Summer survival. Survive the steam sales.

--- End quote ---

this could actually be a fun gamemode

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version