Author Topic: How to; Netplay (multiplayer) Project 64  (Read 128 times)

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerCat LoverDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• the power of the scout's code
  • Respect: +256
How to; Netplay (multiplayer) Project 64
« on: July 30, 2012, 04:53:18 PM »
+3
Okay, you've seen it and went "Hot damn, that looks fun as hell" but yet you don't know how this works. Simply, it's a nice little plugin that allows people to play locale multiplayer games online.

First of all, you're going to need NetPlay plugin and Project 64
From there it's rather simple, extract or open the .rar file and move the .dll into the /plugins folder which is located within the Project 64's directory.

Or for you lazy fucks download this

Now that I got this installed, how do I play?

First of all, you need a host WITH ports forwarded. Now, make sure you both share the same ROM and not different versions or it will NOT work. After you insured the same ROM, ask the host to go into the /save folder and upload the save file. After you download that put it in the /save folder inside of Project 64's directory.

Commands and explanation.

/name <name>: Self explanatory, it sets your name
/lag <lag>:  Sets the lag difference between button pressed and action preformed, smaller the lag the more CPU inducing and more chance of glitches for host, higher the lag and the more you have to wait for the action
/server <port>: For the host, use this to set up the server on a specified port.
/connect <Ip Port>: Connects to host's ip and joins on that port
/golf : Made for Mario Golf, it allows one player to have 0 lag with the rest at a specified lag.
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline yoshi

• as I said, pretty nice.
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +377
Re: How to; Netplay (multiplayer) Project 64
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 05:00:57 PM »
OR use mupen64k but k.

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
Re: How to; Netplay (multiplayer) Project 64
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 05:36:28 PM »
I have the feeling this was posted before. Not that it was similar or on the same subject, but that it was this exact post. I'm sure of it!
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.