Author Topic: Same Sex Marriage Made Legal in all 50 States by Supreme Court  (Read 304 times)

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
Re: Same Sex Marriage Made Legal in all 50 States by Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 11:55:19 AM »
+2
Prox is going to be so thrilled.  :)
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline Cable

• hi
  • Respect: +1085
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 12:30:18 PM »
wow, that happened over night it seems.

good job america

Offline ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ

• Windows UserLinux UserCat LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +379
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 03:36:20 PM »
Why there was a bill on this in the first place is fucking stupid

America are always the ones spouting "muh freedome" yet they had to have a bill for something that should have been in place ever since homosexuality was more "common" per se.

What I ALSO don't understand is why people hate homosexuals, why the hell do they even give a fuck?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 04:51:45 PM by ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ »

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 05:25:30 PM »

America are always the ones spouting "muh freedome" yet they had to have a bill for something that should have been in place ever since homosexuality was more "common" per se.

What I ALSO don't understand is why people hate homosexuals, why the hell do they even give a fuck?
Because people dont like other people being different

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 05:26:39 PM »

I feel like this a is a deja vu.

People hate/fear the things that are not of the norm.

Also religion is another big reason why some people are against it. Cause god said only a man and a woman or something like that.
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 02:17:01 PM »
+1
Literally gay. Also keep in mind that we have marriage because of religion and the whole point of it is to raise a family by having children so it's funny when people start blaming religion for not supporting homosexual relations. Homosexuals cannot have children therefore their marriage is pointless. I'm not even going to start mentioning the cons that a kid growing up in a homosexual marriage will have compared to the kid growing up in man and woman family.

Why do liberals give a fuck about someone who is against gay marriages? Furthermore why is it that people think that people who oppose gay marriage hate homosexuals?

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 05:32:47 PM »
+2
Literally gay. Also keep in mind that we have marriage because of religion and the whole point of it is to raise a family by having children so it's funny when people start blaming religion for not supporting homosexual relations. Homosexuals cannot have children therefore their marriage is pointless. I'm not even going to start mentioning the cons that a kid growing up in a homosexual marriage will have compared to the kid growing up in man and woman family.
Why do liberals give a fuck about someone who is against gay marriages? Furthermore why is it that people think that people who oppose gay marriage hate homosexuals?
I think there are far more cons growing up in a household with bigoted parents but what do I know.

Well, a lot actually.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Lazer Blade

• dat ass tho
  • Windows UserDWO PlayerLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +366
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 09:57:08 PM »
+2

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 02:41:08 AM »
+1
I think there are far more cons growing up in a household with bigoted parents but what do I know.

Well, a lot actually.
If someone doesn't support gay marriage then he's bigoted... Why are you repeating the same thing that many liberals like to say?

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 06:17:43 AM »
+1
If someone doesn't support gay marriage then he's bigoted... Why are you repeating the same thing that many liberals like to say?
I'm not saying everyone who's against gay marriage is bigoted but in many cases yea I would certainly say so. Especially in the case you explained that homosexuals can't have children and that marriage is supposed to be religious etc therefore it's pointless for homosexuals. It's not that black and white. There's no reason they shouldn't be treated like every other person. Marriage is hardly at all a religious thing any more and is an irrelevant factor especially because there are religious homosexuals. I have more experience with a huge variety of different religious groups than you know. Mainly with Jehovah's witnesses which are one of the groups that follow the bible most strictly word by word. In my experience, even few of them are exempt from stretching or breaking rules when it suits them. But ironically I know a family of Witnesses which fell apart because of their religion which started when one of their younger sons turned out to be a homosexual. He was then ex-communicated and no longer allowed to speak to any of his friends or family or vice versa, yet he was actually one of the ones of most strictly believed and followed their ways aside from a factor he couldn't control. There are good people who happen to turn out this way, him being one of them. Why should anyone be allowed to discriminate him from something he even now so seriously respects (marriage) when religion has done so little for him already, and especially when marriage is in few people's cases a religious act? This isn't the 1800's, people need to adapt to the developments of our time and let go unnecessary traditions, especially when they're excluding and even harming people.

Trust me I could write a book as long as the bible about this stuff and all the never ending flaws in opinions similar to what you're expressing.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 07:18:24 AM »
Especially in the case you explained that homosexuals can't have children and that marriage is supposed to be religious etc therefore it's pointless for homosexuals.
I didn't said that marriage is supposed to be religious, what I've said is that it was created by religion. The fact that homosexuals can't have children is a valid point tho, however people with different political beliefs will argue that.

There's no reason they shouldn't be treated like every other person.
Are they not? The only thing that might prevent them is their own obnoxiousness about being gay, their parades etc. Although it is a well known fact that there was and there always will be people who will act aggressively towards someone who's different then them and introducing a few extra laws won't change them.

Marriage is hardly at all a religious thing any more and is an irrelevant factor especially because there are religious homosexuals.
That doesn't change anything.

He was then ex-communicated and no longer allowed to speak to any of his friends or family or vice versa, yet he was actually one of the ones of most strictly believed and followed their ways aside from a factor he couldn't control. There are good people who happen to turn out this way, him being one of them. Why should anyone be allowed to discriminate him from something he even now so seriously respects (marriage) when religion has done so little for him already, and especially when marriage is in few people's cases a religious act?
I guess it's unfortunate that his parents were like that. Now if he really does follow the religion as strictly as you say then he should know what's said there about marriage.

This isn't the 1800's, people need to adapt to the developments of our time and let go unnecessary traditions, especially when they're excluding and even harming people.
Right, and globalization and liberalization is a good thing that is happening all by it self. Except for the fact that media, social networks and even the most influential governments(USA being one of the leading force) in the western world are promoting cultural marxist ideas. Nobody can deny the fact that those kind of ideas receive big and I mean really fucking big funding from all sorts of multinationals and government institutions. Borders are being erased, gaps between races, cultures and even genders are forcefully being removed. Slowly, step by step it is happening along with liberals suggesting more and more radical ideas. The fact that these kind of ideas are funded obviously point to an assumption that there is a reason behind it. Believing that so much money is being spent to achieve a "tolerant society free of hate" as some liberals like to put it is more then just naive.
Evaluating the current political context it becomes more and more clear that homosexual marriage is just one small step in this agenda which gives me yet another reason to oppose it.

Back on topic, today the marriage is obviously not as religious and not as important as it was once. What people think of that is all up to them but what it seems to me is that during that period the divorce rates have also increased drastically and I do believe it is directly correlated to how important people view marriage. Essentially the marriage should turn into a some sort of civil union act. Perhaps instead of that we could have marriage for man and woman and civil union acts for homosexuals? I've yet to decide on that since it's obviously not the most important thing I'm interested at the moment.

Trust me I could write a book as long as the bible about this stuff and all the never ending flaws in opinions similar to what you're expressing.
I think that's quite arrogant of you to say.

Offline Astropilot

• Infinitus Tabula Rasa
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• A little bit morass
  • Respect: +1207
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 07:24:57 AM »
Good on them, but if they start getting touchy and everything; media without gay marriage showing, games without gay marriage options, etc, I think it would hinder their public display contrast to how they dis-hinder their clothing in parades.

Inspirational quotes don't do jack until you do something yourself

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2015, 11:21:26 AM »
+1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFzLd8EK3sU#

I just enjoy reading on about all these counter arguments to the recent news in same sex marriage. I don't think its wise for me to support either side now, for or against as both sides have their pros and cons.

Offline Lazer Blade

• dat ass tho
  • Windows UserDWO PlayerLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +366
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2015, 11:34:51 AM »
+5