Author Topic: How to concentrate?  (Read 83 times)

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
How to concentrate?
« on: April 16, 2015, 06:56:10 AM »
+1
Lately I've been getting more distracted by things on the internet and I want to stop this cause it's getting in the way of my studies. I tell myself not to do it but it ends up happening. How do you guys manage to concentrate on work that needs to be done without being enticed by distractions? It doesn't have to be total concentration, but at least some tips or what not.

Offline Cable

• hi
  • Respect: +1085
Re: How to concentrate?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 09:11:13 AM »
Lately I've been getting more distracted by things on the internet and I want to stop this cause it's getting in the way of my studies. I tell myself not to do it but it ends up happening. How do you guys manage to concentrate on work that needs to be done without being enticed by distractions? It doesn't have to be total concentration, but at least some tips or what not.
I have the same problem. Many of my classes are online so I'm almost always at my computer when doing homework. One thing that helps me is just closing out all distracting programs like steam and ts3. Some people listen to music to help stay focused, but this usually distracts me too much and I'll end up day-dreaming or something.

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +1915
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 03:02:55 PM »
I would say listening to music helps if you're listening to something thats ambient. It also helps to close out of any distracting tabs if you're doing homework on a broswer. I know you'll still be able to go to distracting sites in two or three clicks, but it's better than having it already on a tab ready for you to click on. I guess it would also help if you go ahead and start studying as soon as you get home. I would log of of steam, TS3, and any other distracting programs where people can distract you. The hardest part of doing homework for me is starting it, so it's better to start it right away when you log on than to do other things first. Keeping a list of things to do in a journal or one of those things you put things to do in also helps remind you that you have shit to do.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 10:30:06 AM »
+1

Or you can close the browser.