Author Topic: I'm gon' Startup my own ZS server.  (Read 87 times)

Offline Loke

• Click Click
  • Windows UserCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Boom
  • Respect: +88
I'm gon' Startup my own ZS server.
« on: March 27, 2015, 10:54:36 AM »
Basically, I don't expect to get too far without assistance.
Since coolz has a really good eye for admins & VIPs, everyone who is a VIP will be mod, and Admins will be Admins. I will make myself mod, as I don't trust myself in-game.

I'm planning on using the most up-to-date zombie survival gamemode with changes:

At the start of the round, a dialogue will ask what your play-style is. There are two options:
          New ZS: The game plays alike to what ZS is now.
          Old ZS: The player will start out with a random loadout, have ammo regen (2 mags/min), and will beable to see and use ammo crates. Cannot drop   ammo, but can ghost. They will also get guns as they get kills. (Or points, maybe just points.)

There will also be an anti-bandwagon map vote.
          It will have 4 pages, each with a different map. Nobody can see what you're selecting, and you can't see anyone else's selection.

The weapons will be M9K. All zombies play with goomba stomping. I missed goomba stomping.

I'm hoping that this doesn't unbalance everything. I really do.

Basically, if this goes well, I'll look into recreating rNd ZS in another server, as right now ZS with custom shit gets all the players.

And if I need to take drastic measures, donators will get FNAF skins. This is so 10 year old children will pay me money.

Holla holla, this server better get the dolla so I don't have to payout-of-pocket.

inb4 "ok" posts
Allah's Snackbar is best food place.

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
Re: I'm gon' Startup my own ZS server.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 11:38:54 AM »
I will make myself mod, as I don't trust myself in-game.

>inb4 this gets blown up
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:41:41 AM by TehHank »

Offline Lazer Blade

• dat ass tho
  • Windows UserDWO PlayerLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +366
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 11:45:37 AM »
SHISTORM INCOMOCMASOMCAD

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 11:57:44 AM »
I am going to go ahead and lock this. I understand what you're saying Loke, but I want you to understand that this community has a rule on advertising other servers and that is to not do it, even if it's your own. What you are doing would not be considered that bad accept for two things:

1) Since coolz has a really good eye for admins & VIPs, everyone who is a VIP will be mod, and Admins will be Admins. I will make myself mod, as I don't trust myself in-game.

This statement is a grab at trying to get people to join your community. You are promising people to give them moderator positions on your servers, which would be indirectly be taking away from our own community. While yes we do not play gmod as much as we have in the past, I do not feel like this is appropriate to be posting on our forums.

2) And if I need to take drastic measures, donators will get FNAF skins. This is so 10 year old children will pay me money.

Holla holla, this server better get the dolla so I don't have to payout-of-pocket.

This sounds like it's a pay out of pocket server. Something Coolz has never done, donations are not a necessity, simply something there. This statement you wrote implies you are putting this server up is for personal financial gain which is against what we do as a community.

I would have let this slide if you were trying to make a ZS server and hope of making it an affiliate of our community, however my personal judgement as a moderator here has shown me that you are doing nothing but trying to leech a player base from us, and that is advertising we do not tolerate. That is me though, I am sure Coolz will leave a comment here as well if he disagrees/agree. Until then this thread is locked.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 12:38:58 PM »
Basically, I don't expect to get too far without assistance.
Since coolz has a really good eye for admins & VIPs, everyone who is a VIP will be mod, and Admins will be Admins. I will make myself mod, as I don't trust myself in-game.

I'm planning on using the most up-to-date zombie survival gamemode with changes:

At the start of the round, a dialogue will ask what your play-style is. There are two options:
          New ZS: The game plays alike to what ZS is now.
          Old ZS: The player will start out with a random loadout, have ammo regen (2 mags/min), and will beable to see and use ammo crates. Cannot drop   ammo, but can ghost. They will also get guns as they get kills. (Or points, maybe just points.)

There will also be an anti-bandwagon map vote.
          It will have 4 pages, each with a different map. Nobody can see what you're selecting, and you can't see anyone else's selection.

The weapons will be M9K. All zombies play with goomba stomping. I missed goomba stomping.

I'm hoping that this doesn't unbalance everything. I really do.

Basically, if this goes well, I'll look into recreating rNd ZS in another server, as right now ZS with custom shit gets all the players.

And if I need to take drastic measures, donators will get FNAF skins. This is so 10 year old children will pay me money.

inb4 "ok" posts

Yeah, I guess aside from all the questions how, when, what, etc., it would have been fine to post if you just wanted to host a server based within the community, excluding the fact that the server would be based on financial support from players to run it.

Not to say you couldn't run a successful server with all things granted, it's just because of those qualities it wouldn't be advertised through rNd or branded as rNd related, etc.

I am going to go ahead and lock this. I understand what you're saying Loke, but I want you to understand that this community has a rule on advertising other servers and that is to not do it, even if it's your own. What you are doing would not be considered that bad accept for two things:

1) Since coolz has a really good eye for admins & VIPs, everyone who is a VIP will be mod, and Admins will be Admins. I will make myself mod, as I don't trust myself in-game.

This statement is a grab at trying to get people to join your community. You are promising people to give them moderator positions on your servers, which would be indirectly be taking away from our own community. While yes we do not play gmod as much as we have in the past, I do not feel like this is appropriate to be posting on our forums.

2) And if I need to take drastic measures, donators will get FNAF skins. This is so 10 year old children will pay me money.

This sounds like it's a pay out of pocket server. Something Coolz has never done, donations are not a necessity, simply something there. This statement you wrote implies you are putting this server up is for personal financial gain which is against what we do as a community.

I would have let this slide if you were trying to make a ZS server and hope of making it an affiliate of our community, however my personal judgement as a moderator here has shown me that you are doing nothing but trying to leech a player base from us, and that is advertising we do not tolerate. That is me though, I am sure Coolz will leave a comment here as well if he disagrees/agree. Until then this thread is locked.

I think Marie brought up two good points in regards to our current forum advertising policy.
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt