Author Topic: We should add TTT to fretta  (Read 228 times)

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
We should add TTT to fretta
« on: October 24, 2014, 11:05:15 PM »
+3
Since this gamemode is compatible with fretta and it's one of the best gamemodes there is in Gmod, why haven't we added it to fretta as an extra gamemode to choose? What downsides (aside from investing time into adding it) could it have?

Offline Mr. Franklin

• Old Forum MemberWindows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerDonatorCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• I'm addicted to sweet tea
  • Respect: +388
Re: We should add TTT to fretta
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 08:33:13 AM »
A wonderful idea, something that i and others have brought up many times since we closed the TTT/ZS server.
Quotes from friends:

.:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: mah mouse is sqeakeh
.:~RND`=- Mr.Franklin -=: tweeeeek it

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/mrfranklin1972
Prox: Thread status: memed.

Offline Shawn

• Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
  • Respect: +373
    • The Vault
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 08:36:27 AM »
thought the reason we haven't done that was because it would take alot of work to make it even work on the fretta server... atleast I'm pretty sure that's what coolz was saying one day...

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
  • Respect: +394
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 09:23:04 AM »
Didn't we already agree that having TTT on Fretta is not a good idea? coolz already said TTT is not what it used to be when it was just a Fretta gamemode. People have no reason to come play it on our server when there are countless other, actual TTT servers to choose from.
If they wanted to play TTT they would just go play it on some other server rather than waste their time waiting through all the other gamemodes. It just seems like a waste of time.

Offline Shawn

View More Badges!

• The Vault
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 10:22:38 AM »
+1
If they wanted to play TTT they would just go play it on some other server rather than waste their time waiting through all the other gamemodes. It just seems like a waste of time.

the same could be said with all the other gamemodes... i wouldn't mind playing a few rounds of TTT on our server from time to time but i don't think i'd actually want to play 24/7 i need a break or something to break up the same game over and over so it being on a mini game server (aka Fretta) would be perfect for me Lol

Offline Cable

• hi
  • Respect: +1085
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »
I vote yes  :thumbsup:

I'd love to play some ttt on rnd again :D

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 10:50:54 AM »
+1
I think coolz once said he might but it's one of the things on his long to-do list.

Didn't we already agree that having TTT on Fretta is not a good idea? coolz already said TTT is not what it used to be when it was just a Fretta gamemode. People have no reason to come play it on our server when there are countless other, actual TTT servers to choose from.
While it is true that there are lots of dedicated TTT servers out there, I think it would be cool to have it on the Fretta as an extra, if people want to play TTT but not 24/7 of the time.

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 12:28:31 PM »
+2
So I guess we should shut down our fretta sever since there are countless others right? Same with the forums, right? No because it's not about what other people are playing, it's about what we as a community want to play, and if others join along the way then great. If there are people in our community who want to play TTT on rnd then by all means. However TTT in the past year or two has never been very abundant in players, even from rnd,  which is why I wouldn't think that it would be good to have it as it's own stand alone server again. A fretta game mode would be fine because people can choose to play if they really want it that bad. I personally have never cared about TTT one way or another, so I don't really have a say on whether it should go up or not.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• Donator
    View More Badges!

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 01:16:58 PM »
So I guess we should shut down our fretta sever since there are countless others right? Same with the forums, right? No because it's not about what other people are playing, it's about what we as a community want to play, and if others join along the way then great. If there are people in our community who want to play TTT on rnd then by all means. However TTT in the past year or two has never been very abundant in players, even from rnd,  which is why I wouldn't think that it would be good to have it as it's own stand alone server again. A fretta game mode would be fine because people can choose to play if they really want it that bad. I personally have never cared about TTT one way or another, so I don't really have a say on whether it should go up or not.
I don't see how it's comparable to the Fretta server, or even the forums. We have one of the only fretta servers that are still out there. People come on, play a few gamemodes then leave. People come on the server to try something different for a change, not the same game of TTT that's overpopulated the entire server list.
Fretta gamemodes are simple, fun and small games that people can just jump in and play, whilst TTT is way larger and more complicated than any of the fretta gamemodes we currently have. Even Slender is a simple enough gamemode to just jump in and play.

But I guess there's nothing stopping us from adding it to fretta so rNd members can play it, but what's the difference between having it on fretta or as a standaone gamemode? You said yourself that it was empty all the time, I know myself since I tried to get everyone to play it countless times with absolutely no results.

Say you have a couple of rNd members alone on the server and they want to play TTT, what's the point? Playing TTT with a couple of players is quickly going to get boring. And this is where my first post comes in, if people are already on the server and TTT happens to get voted, why would anyone want to play vanilla-ish TTT game with possibly fewer rounds, when the sole purpose they're on is to play something different? I obviously don't know how they would react but the way I see it they get bored about half-way in and leave. We've had this same issue when "Stop it, Slender" was still a thing and there weren't even that many servers of it. Now each time it gets picked the server is immediately emptied, so now it just sits there collecting virtual dust just like TTT has as it's own server, and will as a fretta gamemode.

Like I said, it's probably going to be a waste of time, but I guess we can never surely know.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 10:21:31 AM »
+1
I don't see how it's comparable to the Fretta server, or even the forums. We have one of the only fretta servers that are still out there. People come on, play a few gamemodes then leave. People come on the server to try something different for a change, not the same game of TTT that's overpopulated the entire server list.
Fretta gamemodes are simple, fun and small games that people can just jump in and play, whilst TTT is way larger and more complicated than any of the fretta gamemodes we currently have. Even Slender is a simple enough gamemode to just jump in and play.

But I guess there's nothing stopping us from adding it to fretta so rNd members can play it, but what's the difference between having it on fretta or as a standaone gamemode? You said yourself that it was empty all the time, I know myself since I tried to get everyone to play it countless times with absolutely no results.

Say you have a couple of rNd members alone on the server and they want to play TTT, what's the point? Playing TTT with a couple of players is quickly going to get boring. And this is where my first post comes in, if people are already on the server and TTT happens to get voted, why would anyone want to play vanilla-ish TTT game with possibly fewer rounds, when the sole purpose they're on is to play something different? I obviously don't know how they would react but the way I see it they get bored about half-way in and leave. We've had this same issue when "Stop it, Slender" was still a thing and there weren't even that many servers of it. Now each time it gets picked the server is immediately emptied, so now it just sits there collecting virtual dust just like TTT has as it's own server, and will as a fretta gamemode.

Like I said, it's probably going to be a waste of time, but I guess we can never surely know.
You would be right if my suggestion was to replace fretta with TTT. 
What's the difference between having it on fretta or as a standalone gamemode? Um, well there's quite a big difference actually. They'll be able to choose from many gamemodes and if people get bored playing TTT they rtv it.

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• Donator
    View More Badges!

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 01:54:51 PM »
You would be right if my suggestion was to replace fretta with TTT. 
What's the difference between having it on fretta or as a standalone gamemode? Um, well there's quite a big difference actually. They'll be able to choose from many gamemodes and if people get bored playing TTT they rtv it.
I don't think you read my post :I

If TTT was literally never played while it was sitting there perfectly fine and ready to play for such a long time, what makes you think people will go through the hassle of coming on fretta and voting it? I mean if you guys would agree on having TTT sessions with more than 4 players on fretta sometimes I'd be all over that. Otherwise it could potentially be another wasted effort.

I would love this idea if it actually turned out right but I just don't see TTT working out with fretta :I. It's one thing merging big gamemodes on the Hybrid server, and adding it to fretta where it just doesn't really belong.

While TTT is less of a pace changer than other suggested additions like Flood or WinterSurvival, I'd love to see atleast one of those added to fretta in the future since they don't require a high player count to be enjoyable and have a lot less servers and a much smaller playerbase.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 02:07:58 PM »
I don't think you read my post :I

If TTT was literally never played while it was sitting there perfectly fine and ready to play for such a long time, what makes you think people will go through the hassle of coming on fretta and voting it? I mean if you guys would agree on having TTT sessions with more than 4 players on fretta sometimes I'd be all over that. Otherwise it could potentially be another wasted effort.
There's not a single gamemode on fretta that would be played if it had a separate server. So you saying that because nobody played TTT when we had a dedicated server to it means that nobody is going to vote for it doesn't really make sense and that's just not how it works with fretta. Say, if fretta server would have 8 or more people on then they might pick TTT and have the game going right away because unlike the dedicated server, nobody would have to play boring rounds until the server would get enough players, they would already be there.

Offline Shawn

View More Badges!

• The Vault
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 09:35:29 PM »
but what's the difference between having it on fretta or as a standaone gamemode? You said yourself that it was empty all the time, I know myself since I tried to get everyone to play it countless times with absolutely no results.

the same could be said with all the other gamemodes... i wouldn't mind playing a few rounds of TTT on our server from time to time but i don't think i'd actually want to play 24/7 i need a break or something to break up the same game over and over so it being on a mini game server (aka Fretta) would be perfect for me Lol

Srsly why are you keep ignoring that part that like all of us have said? it's not that we want TTT 24/7 but we wouldn't mind playing a few rounds in between other gamemodes... Hell I've seen countless people leave the fretta server just to go play a few rounds of TTT then come back I've done it myself... We're not saying people will come join our server for TTT were simply stating it wouldn't hurt... even if it gets voted for like once a day thats more then some of the gamemodes we have now....

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• Donator
    View More Badges!

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 10:26:08 PM »

Srsly why are you keep ignoring that part that like all of us have said? it's not that we want TTT 24/7 but we wouldn't mind playing a few rounds in between other gamemodes... Hell I've seen countless people leave the fretta server just to go play a few rounds of TTT then come back I've done it myself... We're not saying people will come join our server for TTT were simply stating it wouldn't hurt... even if it gets voted for like once a day thats more then some of the gamemodes we have now....
The way I remember it once the fretta server was back up TTT was completely void of life for a veery long time and you weren't even back yet. Unless I missed out on something.
I don't really want to keep repeating myself since I keep responding to this thread early in the morning but like I failed to mention, I'm not completely against this idea but I'd love to see one of those other gamemodes first.

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 01:56:40 PM »
Chris, TTT would be there for the OPTION if someone ever wanted to play it.  This way, instead of having a DEDICATED 24/7 server, it was there for whenever anyone felt the mood for it.  I agree that someday, somewhere down the line, TTT should be tested on Fretta, if at all possible.  I remember Coolz told me that TTT has changed a lot since the Fretta version, so it might not even work.  But if we ever get to the point where we can try it, I think there is no possible way it could harm the server.