Author Topic: Hitler and Shrek vs Terrorists  (Read 108 times)

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
Hitler and Shrek vs Terrorists
« on: August 02, 2014, 08:41:37 PM »
+4

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
Re: Hitler and Shrek vs Terrorists
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 12:26:39 AM »
I still don't think it 9/11 jokes are ok...

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 01:28:49 AM »
+3

Offline blαh2355

View More Badges!

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 08:57:14 AM »
Indeed it is no laughing matter but what about titanic jokes? People talk about it all the time without consequence. 9/11 happened in the past and it's time to move on. I could argue that America had it coming for what they did in the Middle East but that's not needed.

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 04:57:05 PM »
Indeed it is no laughing matter but what about titanic jokes? People talk about it all the time without consequence. 9/11 happened in the past and it's time to move on. I could argue that America had it coming for what they did in the Middle East but that's not needed.

The Titanic happened 100 years ago, almost everyone who experienced it is dead, not necessarily making it ok to joke about, but making it socially acceptable because people won't freak out about it. 

The Holocaust happened 70 years ago, and people do joke about that, but it is considered dark and horrible.

Now personally, I think that a terrorist attack killing over 3000 civilian people thirteen years ago is still not ok to joke about.  My father was in a position where it could have been him killed, too.  However, I'm not telling you that you aren't allowed to joke about it, or the Titanic, or the Holocaust.  I'm just saying that those kind of jokes don't really appeal to me.  I find it disrespectful, but to you, it may not be.  Just try to be mindful and respectful of others.  That's all I ask.

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 05:45:51 PM »
The Titanic happened 100 years ago, almost everyone who experienced it is dead, not necessarily making it ok to joke about, but making it socially acceptable because people won't freak out about it. 

The Holocaust happened 70 years ago, and people do joke about that, but it is considered dark and horrible.

Now personally, I think that a terrorist attack killing over 3000 civilian people thirteen years ago is still not ok to joke about.  My father was in a position where it could have been him killed, too.  However, I'm not telling you that you aren't allowed to joke about it, or the Titanic, or the Holocaust.  I'm just saying that those kind of jokes don't really appeal to me.  I find it disrespectful, but to you, it may not be.  Just try to be mindful and respectful of others.  That's all I ask.
Reminds me of that silly religion incident awhile ago.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 12:42:26 AM »
+1

Offline blαh2355

View More Badges!

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 07:58:20 AM »
+1

I see, sorry then. I think it's more of a desensitization in my part.

Offline Nemisous

• you're all puppets tangled in strings.
  • I have no strings on me
  • Respect: +258
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 04:47:18 PM »

9/11 jokes are a little out of Mein Kampfert zone and annfrankly everyone should be Fuhrerious.

But in all seriousness, its all in the past. and those who dont let go of the the past never move forward.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 04:54:59 PM by Nemisous »

Offline Monorail Cat

• Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 09:51:43 PM »
But in all seriousness, its all in the past. and those who dont let go of the the past never move forward.

There's a difference between "letting go" and "paying respects", but like I said, it's probably just me.