Author Topic: "Lucid Dream Enhancement"  (Read 119 times)

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
"Lucid Dream Enhancement"
« on: May 06, 2014, 10:10:11 PM »
So, I've been listening to "concentration" stuff on youtube, where it's a bunch of binaural sounds and beats that you put on low volume and overlay it with something else (I prefer things like rain sounds).  It helps out with focus and just thinking in general.  Well, in the "suggested videos" sidebar thingy, there was this video. 

Pretty much, you put in earbuds or something when you go to sleep, and let it play as you sleep.  It's supposed to stimulate your brain and let you have more vivid dreams, specifically lucid dreams.  It sounds pretty weird to me, but then again, I've had weird dreams when I've listened to music as I went to sleep.  I read a good 30 or so of the comments, and a lot of them say it works very well, some say it didn't work at all, and others say that they had sleep paralysis (which is scary as hell, I've had it once before).

To tell you the truth, I'm a little scared to try it out.  I've had sleep paralysis, and I never want to experience it again.  If one of you guys wants to, try this thing out and tell me if it even works.  I'd like to try it, I'm just freaked.

R.E.M. & Lucid Dream Enhancement

I listened to about 15 min of it, just while I'm sitting writing essays and shit, and it's strange.  One of the comments warned about exactly at 1hr30min, a sudden change, so I skipped to that part, and it really creeped me out.  So yeah, try it out, tell me if it works for you.

P.S.  I also don't know how to get the sound from the video onto my phone or anything, so if someone could show me how, that would be awesome.

Offline Gate

• "Bingo, bango, bongo, bish, bash, bosh!"
  • Respect: +5
Re: "Lucid Dream Enhancement"
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 11:00:55 PM »
Tell me about your sleep paralysis experience, i'm interested to hear more about it.
"Every gun makes its own tune."

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 11:53:03 PM »
+1
Tell me about your sleep paralysis experience, i'm interested to hear more about it.

It happened several years ago, so I don't remember every detail, but here's what I do remember:

I'm wake up in the middle of the night.  If not for the full moon, it would be pitch black.  My clock by my bed had a projector that projected the time on the ceiling, and I think it was something like 2:50-ish.  I try to itch my head, but I can't move at all.  I couldn't even make facial expressions.  I tried calling for my parents, but I couldn't even open my mouth.  That's when I noticed some... figure standing at the end of my bed.  It was staring straight at me with yellow eyes.  I couldn't breathe.  The thing just sat there staring at me for what felt like forever.  Then, in a split second, everything just went back to normal, I could breathe and move.  The clock said only something like 1 or 2 minutes passed.  I was scared shirtless, and ran to my parent's parent's room and slept there for the rest of the night.

It may sound cheesy, but I'm tearing up just remembering it.  It was the scariest moment of my life, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. 

After a while, I read "The Mysterious Benedict Society" (a book).  One of the characters in it had narcolepsy and mentioned an experience similar to what I had, which kinda weirded me out.  Even later, I looked into what the book called "the old hag," and found a bit more out about sleep paralysis.  This kinda confirmed to me that I was not imagining my paralysis, but did imagine the figure. 

I swear, it's the scariest thing in the world because you know you're not asleep, because after the experience, you don't "wake up"- you are just re-enabled to move.

You may think "oh cool, I kinda want to know what this is like...". Trust me- no you don't.

Scary as hell.

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 12:13:28 AM »
It happened several years ago, so I don't remember every detail, but here's what I do remember:

I'm wake up in the middle of the night.  If not for the full moon, it would be pitch black.  My clock by my bed had a projector that projected the time on the ceiling, and I think it was something like 2:50-ish.  I try to itch my head, but I can't move at all.  I couldn't even make facial expressions.  I tried calling for my parents, but I couldn't even open my mouth.  That's when I noticed some... figure standing at the end of my bed.  It was staring straight at me with yellow eyes.  I couldn't breathe.  The thing just sat there staring at me for what felt like forever.  Then, in a split second, everything just went back to normal, I could breathe and move.  The clock said only something like 1 or 2 minutes passed.  I was scared shirtless, and ran to my parent's parent's room and slept there for the rest of the night.

It may sound cheesy, but I'm tearing up just remembering it.  It was the scariest moment of my life, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. 

After a while, I read "The Mysterious Benedict Society" (a book).  One of the characters in it had narcolepsy and mentioned an experience similar to what I had, which kinda weirded me out.  Even later, I looked into what the book called "the old hag," and found a bit more out about sleep paralysis.  This kinda confirmed to me that I was not imagining my paralysis, but did imagine the figure. 

I swear, it's the scariest thing in the world because you know you're not asleep, because after the experience, you don't "wake up"- you are just re-enabled to move.

You may think "oh cool, I kinda want to know what this is like...". Trust me- no you don't.

Scary as hell.

have had it too, very similar to this
also, red eyes

not recommended for health
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline qt

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Ba-Da-Bing!
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 08:08:59 PM »
I heard that taking Oneirogens can help you lucid dream.
Signatures are stupid

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 01:20:34 PM »
I've had sleep paralysis, and I never want to experience it again. 

Ditto, but I have no choice - I hear those who suffer from nigh terrors as infants, like I did, not only had to put up with the possibility of experiencing them again, but also have to put up with the increased risk of sleep paralysis.  Holy shit is that scary stuff, happened to me a lot in the last few years especially.  It's even worse if you wake up paralyzed in the middle of a dark room.

Meh, I don't need to enhance lucid dreaming capability, I already dream in full color, sound, and full lucidity - I swear, it gets kinda freaky sometimes when I can use my senses of taste, smell, etc.  :D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 01:22:21 PM by Travelsonic »
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface: