Author Topic: [Srs Disscushin] "The future is Free to play"  (Read 136 times)

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
Re: [Srs Disscushin] "The future is Free to play"
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 01:32:52 PM »
Because I always wanted to pay $10 for a 1 hour sword/gun model that was slapped on template animation set. Good goy, buy dem hats. That's almost the same principle as 7 days to die $500,000 "upgrade" aspect, where if they get another $100,000 they'll add one new feature or some bullshit like that.
You didn't presented me any specific case of the micro trasactions therefore I was talking about all such games in general. The case you're proposing here is obviously something that I wouldn't agree since it's pretty obvious how ridiculous it would be for some developers to be this greedy.
   What I'm trying to say is that there is nothing wrong with microtransactions as long as they aren't gamebreaking by giving the buyers enormous advantage in terms of gameplay or are ridiculously over priced.

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
Re: [Srs Disscushin] "The future is Free to play"
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 02:03:55 PM »
You didn't presented me any specific case of the micro trasactions therefore I was talking about all such games in general. The case you're proposing here is obviously something that I wouldn't agree since it's pretty obvious how ridiculous it would be for some developers to be this greedy.
   What I'm trying to say is that there is nothing wrong with microtransactions as long as they aren't gamebreaking by giving the buyers enormous advantage in terms of gameplay or are ridiculously over priced.
Might be going off the point here a little bit, but if you want a specific case with that greedy developer thing, anything Avatar related on Xbox Live. $5 for a t-shirt that has a rainbow dish poni on it. $7 for some stupid light saber, a bunch of other bs.