Author Topic: How do I get rid of this shit ad poping up?  (Read 66 times)

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
How do I get rid of this shit ad poping up?
« on: April 04, 2014, 11:27:12 AM »
Two days ago I have started getting this stupid thing which links me to some stupid articles. It happens on literally every single website I go on and on every page even as I'm making this post this shit is popping up. It is really annoying for me to have to close this shit every time just for it to reappear when I go to the next page of anything. I have ad block installed but it doesn't do shit.
If anyone knows how I could get rid of this piece of shit it would be really great, here's pic of it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Mr. Franklin

• Old Forum MemberWindows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerDonatorCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• I'm addicted to sweet tea
  • Respect: +388
Re: How do I get rid of this shit ad poping up?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 11:36:57 AM »
+1
Check in your extensions tab for any unfamiliar addons for chrome. Usually what happens is that there is a add-on with a weird name and no description, and that creates the pop ups. If you don't find anything there i would just do a scan on your google chrome files and maybe then even reinstall it.
Quotes from friends:

.:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: mah mouse is sqeakeh
.:~RND`=- Mr.Franklin -=: tweeeeek it

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/mrfranklin1972
Prox: Thread status: memed.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
Re: How do I get rid of this shit ad poping up?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 11:54:15 AM »
Check in your extensions tab for any unfamiliar addons for chrome. Usually what happens is that there is a add-on with a weird name and no description, and that creates the pop ups. If you don't find anything there i would just do a scan on your google chrome files and maybe then even reinstall it.
Although I don't use Chrome but I had to do the same thing with Firefox to remove it, funny thing is is that I've went to my addons previously to adjust ad block settings without paying attention to the one addon that was causing all of this shit, either way, thanks a lot man.