Author Topic: Youtube what are you doing... please stahp  (Read 145 times)

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
Youtube what are you doing... please stahp
« on: December 12, 2013, 06:21:06 AM »
Youtube Copyright Disaster! Angry Rant

http://kotaku.com/youtube-channels-crippled-by-copyright-claims-1480717110/@stephentotilo

So youtube implemented a new copyright system using content ID, thus causing unexpected destruction across videos, flagging them in certain countries and / or unviewable for just having a small clip of music or content not created.

Discuss if you want.

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
Re: Youtube what are you doing... please stahp
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 06:55:51 AM »
Please die already.

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 12:35:33 PM »
+2
If all the LPers are whining that youtube is "messing with their lives", then honestly, they should try to get a job like everyone else in the world. But for the false flagging shit, and the whole copyright thing in general, that really is some bullshit. Also, AngryJoe is a reviewer and he does basically work in the gaming industry. Not some shitty LPer who just videotapes himself playing games for an hour straight and expects to be a pewdiefaggot off of it.

Youtube isn't to blame for this. It's Gooygle. They're trying really hard to monopolize the internet. If I had the resources, hell I'd start my own video site when the day comes that Youtube finally dies off.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 12:42:24 PM by Cake Faice »

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
    View More Badges!

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 01:41:41 PM »
the day comes that Youtube finally dies off.
Can't come soon enough.

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 01:45:54 PM »
Can't come soon enough.
Yeah, then I just realized.

If a new website pops up, youtubers immigrate to said website and said website becomes very popular, one of two things can happen:

1. Google comes along and offers to buy out the website for an insane amount of money and the owners give in
2. Google comes along and offers to buy out the website for an insane amount of money, the owners tell Google to fuck off, and they simply grin and say "okay". Week later, owners get bombarded with major lawsuits from big companies for people uploading copyrighted video.

Lose on Lose.

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 02:59:43 PM »
If all the LPers are whining that youtube is "messing with their lives", then honestly, they should try to get a job like everyone else in the world. But for the false flagging shit, and the whole copyright thing in general, that really is some bullshit. Also, AngryJoe is a reviewer and he does basically work in the gaming industry. Not some shitty LPer who just videotapes himself playing games for an hour straight and expects to be a pewdiefaggot off of it.

Youtube isn't to blame for this. It's Gooygle. They're trying really hard to monopolize the internet. If I had the resources, hell I'd start my own video site when the day comes that Youtube finally dies off.

I don't like Joe at all. He's a shitty "reviewer" and unfunny as hell. But I agree, Joe is one of the few people who aren't just playing a game and talking over and doing 20 seconds of "editing" and posting it.

I have enjoyed all the LPers like DSP whining going I EDITTT IT AND I TALK OVER IT!11!!! It's MY CONTENT.

There are very few REAL LPers nowadays. The only real one that exists is Chuggacornoy, he puts a shitload of effort into his videos.

It's sad that some good people are effected by this, but nowhere near the amount to DSP and PDP type of LPers.

I read somewhere that youtube knows this is happening, and they say they know it isn't a mistake. So it will be interesting what happens next.

"the day comes that Youtube finally dies off."
That won't be for a LONG time. If ever. No one knows/cares about the other sites. It's funny seeing all the LPers saying "I will move my content elsewhere!" When there isn't anywhere to go. Youtube pretty much has a monopoly on the video service. There is blip. There is dailymotion. That's all on the top of my head. And no one really uses those.  And even if they did move to those, they wouldn't make any money off of them. (Mabe blip, but making a fanbase like that and keeping it would be hard as hell.)

It's going to be real interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks. Google doesn't back down on shit.(As we've seen with all the youtube updates) LPers are going to just have to deal with some of their videos getting marked.

*Insert witty comment here*

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
    View More Badges!

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 03:11:41 PM »
I don't like Joe at all. He's a shitty "reviewer" and unfunny as hell. But I agree, Joe is one of the few people who aren't just playing a game and talking over and doing 20 seconds of "editing" and posting it.

I have enjoyed all the LPers like DSP whining going I EDITTT IT AND I TALK OVER IT!11!!! It's MY CONTENT.

There are very few REAL LPers nowadays. The only real one that exists is Chuggacornoy, he puts a shitload of effort into his videos.

It's sad that some good people are effected by this, but nowhere near the amount to DSP and PDP type of LPers.

I read somewhere that youtube knows this is happening, and they say they know it isn't a mistake. So it will be interesting what happens next.

"the day comes that Youtube finally dies off."
That won't be for a LONG time. If ever. No one knows/cares about the other sites. It's funny seeing all the LPers saying "I will move my content elsewhere!" When there isn't anywhere to go. Youtube pretty much has a monopoly on the video service. There is blip. There is dailymotion. That's all on the top of my head. And no one really uses those.  And even if they did move to those, they wouldn't make any money off of them. (Mabe blip, but making a fanbase like that and keeping it would be hard as hell.)

It's going to be real interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks. Google doesn't back down on shit.(As we've seen with all the youtube updates) LPers are going to just have to deal with some of their videos getting marked.

There's Vimeo.

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 04:15:09 PM »
+3
Even so, the capacity of YouTube is monsterous and impossible to replicate without huge capital and company deals Google has.

videos.randomgs.com ? lawl
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
    View More Badges!

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 08:07:22 PM »
I think the biggest problem is the streaming part. The hosting, organising, community, and all that shit is pretty fucking easy to set up. It could be a huge p2p network, or LPers upload to one-click-hosts

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 05:50:41 AM »
CEO and founder of Google are jews so is anyone actually surprised that shit like this is happening? And no, I'm not joking.

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
  • Respect: +394
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 06:00:49 AM »
CEO and founder of Google are jews so is anyone actually surprised that shit like this is happening? And no, I'm not joking.
oh

http://radioislam.org/islam/english/jewishp/internet/jews_behind_internet.htm#google

Offline Cheesy Sandwich

• Wave good-night to de white folks, 'DEWLLA!
  • Respect: +83
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 08:05:34 AM »
Now people can't make that YouTube money

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
    View More Badges!

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 03:01:53 PM »

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 02:57:44 AM »
angry joe gets angry

"MONEY IS THE ONLY THING YOU PEOPLE CARE ABOUT"
And this is why I do not give a shit about what is currently happening. Kinda hypocrite. Bitching about having no money, and not even 10 seconds later bitching about google/youtube only caring about money.

Also the fact that he is flat out lying "I ONLY HAVE 7 DOLLARSS!!1!1!!!!"doesn't help either. (If he's not lying, then he's fucking TERRIBLE with money because with his views, he makes a shit ton of money.)

Fuck Joe and the others whining. The only thing I'm sad about is that it's not hitting vloggers too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

#HEARTLESS
#LOVESTHETASTEOFYOUTUBETEARS
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:23:18 AM by HideoKojima »
*Insert witty comment here*