Poll

Sledbuild on Fretta?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Fretta: Sledbuild  (Read 173 times)

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
Fretta: Sledbuild
« on: December 07, 2013, 08:14:07 PM »
+1
I miss the Sledbuild server, it was perhaps the best one I've ever played on.  It was largely stable, unlike most other servers you can't collide with other players and their props / props can't collide with one another, and the prop limit was not retardedly low... plus we had 2 maps, not one.  Sure, it sucked when there was a map change and it changed to the same one we were already on instead of either resetting rounds, or just alternating maps by default, but still... leagues better than any other I've been on since then.

If at all possible, I think it would be a great addition to Fretta.

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
Re: Fretta: Sledbuild
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 12:53:38 AM »
Fuck yes, this is an idea I'd support.

[And if it does get done, please make it as close to how the old SB server was set up as possible, so far as the prop limits, anything regarding the physics, the tools allowed, and whatnot goes, I mean - box sleds that go up to 1,101 MPH FTW!!!! ]
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 01:02:52 AM by Travelsonic »
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
  • Respect: +394
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 05:11:42 AM »
+1
I don't see any reason as to why anyone would vote no. The more variety of gamemodes could potentially keep people playing. I'm sure most if not all people are bored by the current ones. And another good thing is you don't have to worry about download times.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 11:09:05 AM »
+1
I don't see any reason as to why anyone would vote no. The more variety of gamemodes could potentially keep people playing. I'm sure most if not all people are bored by the current ones. And another good thing is you don't have to worry about download times.

The only thing I'd wonder is how to pull it off - I mean so far as time before rotating to the next game mode goes.  I mean, people'd be pissed if you didn't have enough time to build a sled, and if it were only one or two races before the rotation I'd wager.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 11:12:28 AM by Travelsonic »
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 06:24:54 PM »
Yeah, we could give it more time but being how fast fretta is, i think more people would attempt to change the gamemode.
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 06:43:37 PM »
I didn't vote no but I'm not voting yes either. The issue I have is that sledbuild is really slow paced whereas if you look at Gamemaster, Garryware, Chimera Hunt, or any other game mode on Fretta, they're all really fast paced. So idk. At first I thought it'd be a good idea but I'm starting to think that it might slightly split the players in the game to those who want to play sledbuild and those who want to play normal Fretta, resulting in people leaving when their specific gamemode isn't selected.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 08:55:26 PM »
I kinda agree with you Sabb, seeing how you put it.  Sledbuild is fun, but people would most likely quit.  We should try "buses from hell" and "smash" because they look like a lot of fast-paced fun

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 09:19:30 PM »
I kinda agree with you Sabb, seeing how you put it.  Sledbuild is fun, but people would most likely quit.  We should try "buses from hell" and "smash" because they look like a lot of fast-paced fun
Yea I think people would enjoy those two more personally. Just not certain if sledbuild is as suitable.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
  • Respect: +394
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 07:57:00 PM »
+1
Yea I think people would enjoy those two more personally. Just not certain if sledbuild is as suitable.
Hybrid server?

Offline Mr. Franklin

• Old Forum MemberWindows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerDonatorCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• I'm addicted to sweet tea
  • Respect: +388
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 09:59:21 PM »
+1
One thing we could try out with sledbuild, is try to make the gamemode more fast-paced when it comes to building sleds, we could have an automated system in which you can select which sleds you want from a browser list. People could submit sleds to this list, that they created in singleplayer or on wirebuild, and it would increase the variety in which sleds you want to use.
Quotes from friends:

.:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: mah mouse is sqeakeh
.:~RND`=- Mr.Franklin -=: tweeeeek it

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/mrfranklin1972
Prox: Thread status: memed.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 10:52:27 AM »
One thing we could try out with sledbuild, is try to make the gamemode more fast-paced when it comes to building sleds, we could have an automated system in which you can select which sleds you want from a browser list. People could submit sleds to this list, that they created in singleplayer or on wirebuild, and it would increase the variety in which sleds you want to use.

That is a good idea... though I'd have to bring back my obligatory cardboard box sled that consistently did 950 - 1,101MPH  :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface:

Offline cogsandspigots

• Respect: +612
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 03:33:46 PM »
+2
That is a good idea... though I'd have to bring back my obligatory cardboard box sled that consistently did 950 - 1,101MPH  :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface:
Man, I missed destroying everyone with my fish sled.