Author Topic: What happend to gmod?  (Read 206 times)

Offline swampbuggy

• Respect: +1
What happend to gmod?
« on: November 26, 2013, 08:11:38 PM »
Well if anyone here still remembers me i once was a diehard random and gmod fan playing your servers all day everyday, and today i pay a visit some old friends on wire build and TTT and the servers were EMPTY, im confused what happend gmod was rmds biggest game and not there is absolute no one?

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
Re: What happend to gmod?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 08:32:30 PM »
Hey, nice to see you on again but yea the servers are a bit slow now unfortunately. They get populated still from time to time, mostly when people make an event or something I believe?

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline swampbuggy

• Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 08:36:29 PM »
so my chances of finding a game of ttt tonight is pretty slim? oh well just well the hundreds of hours ive spend with you guys i miss it every so often, its just rather depressing what its become

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 08:40:28 PM »
so my chances of finding a game of ttt tonight is pretty slim? oh well just well the hundreds of hours ive spend with you guys i miss it every so often, its just rather depressing what its become
Trust me I understand. I'm sure we could get a good number of people to play at certain times though, unlikely at this time during the week is all.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 08:45:38 PM »
Hey, nice to see you on again but yea the servers are a bit slow now unfortunately. They get populated still from time to time, mostly when people make an event or something I believe?
From what I've noticed the servers have been dropping down pretty low recently. I honestly got sick of Gmod and everything about it. I've had it since I've had my steam account and man, I've poured like 2000 hours into it.

Offline saivon

• Break the sound barrier, cause a sound boom
  • Windows UserDog LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Break the time barrier, cause a time boom
  • Respect: +195
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 09:19:35 PM »
They need to make another gmod

Offline ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ

• Windows UserLinux UserCat LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +379
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 07:10:01 AM »
They need to make another gmod
gmod15

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 09:50:19 PM »
gmod15

Swerving back to the topic...

I know the feels, bro.  I hate to see most of the old regs on the servers not playing anymore, me included.  I just have so much work this year.  Plus, I haven't seen the servers up lately, so idk if they changed IP, or if they are offline.  I would love to play again sometime soon.

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
  • Respect: +394
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 10:08:08 PM »
Swerving back to the topic...

I know the feels, bro.  I hate to see most of the old regs on the servers not playing anymore, me included.  I just have so much work this year.  Plus, I haven't seen the servers up lately, so idk if they changed IP, or if they are offline.  I would love to play again sometime soon.
Use random.teh-server.com

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 04:54:03 AM »
What happened, you ask? Gmod 13. Everything was fine until it happened.

Offline Cake Faice

View More Badges!

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 04:18:57 PM »
What happened, you ask? Gmod 13. Everything was fine until it happened.
I've been trying my hardest to code a GM13 gamemode, but since Garry has a reputation for having shitty documentation, almost everything from the old gmod wiki lua tutorials don't work anymore, and there's a lack of Gmod 13 lua tutorials and libraries. So it's either you know advanced Lua before, or it's a bust now.

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 04:29:29 PM »
I've been trying my hardest to code a GM13 gamemode, but since Garry has a reputation for having shitty documentation, almost everything from the old gmod wiki lua tutorials don't work anymore, and there's a lack of Gmod 13 lua tutorials and libraries. So it's either you know advanced Lua before, or it's a bust now.

Yeah, it can be a real pain. If you need help feel free to ask me stuff and I'll answer as soon as I can.
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline Cake Faice

View More Badges!

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 04:44:36 PM »
Yeah, it can be a real pain. If you need help feel free to ask me stuff and I'll answer as soon as I can.
I'd have an ogreload of questions that I honestly don't think its worth asking. I've been burning my eyes out at countless Gmod 13 lua tutorials, all of them lack proper libraries and references for hooks and stuff since the offical gmod wiki has little content. All I was trying to do is make a simple pingaz table flipper GM but with fancy clientside effects, but since no one has the right tutorials or documentation, I have no idea how to create the proper entity, no idea how to have an array of table entity spawn coordinates per map, no idea how to get the player to interact said entity and get the function for flipping it and such.

Would you happen to know a site or tutorials that would point me in the right direction? Because if I got that down and actually get that good looking, I'd want to create a gamemode to see if you could dedicate a dead server to in attempt to get some players flowing back in here for an original gamemode.

That or convert an old gamemode called Radioactive Sandbox to GM13.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 04:47:26 PM by Cake Faice »

Offline Tezuni

• Respect: +162
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2013, 05:28:04 PM »
rNd server activity has been steadily declining, for a while and I only play gmod because of rNd. Anywhere else just doesn't feel the same.  I really miss the days of Fretta, WS, ZS, and an always populated TTT server with kickass maps.  I don't think it's impossible to bring activity to rNd like it used to be, it just needs traction.  Once a server gets a regular player flow, and remains up constantly, the flow always remains too.  The trouble is getting that initial flow when there's nobody already there.

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2013, 06:28:18 PM »
rNd server activity has been steadily declining, for a while and I only play gmod because of rNd. Anywhere else just doesn't feel the same.  I really miss the days of Fretta, WS, ZS, and an always populated TTT server with kickass maps.  I don't think it's impossible to bring activity to rNd like it used to be, it just needs traction.  Once a server gets a regular player flow, and remains up constantly, the flow always remains too.  The trouble is getting that initial flow when there's nobody already there.

This, and don't be jerks to newcomers.  Be as welcoming as possible.  We just need a new batch of community members, and I'm noticing that there are a couple, such as Sanders2, who appear to want to be active.  New players will help take the place of departing old members.  Like I said a while ago, this is all a cycle.  People leave, and people join, and the people who used to be server noobs (like me) advance in rank. 

*puts on hippie hair and tye-dye shirt* Just trust the cycle, man.