Author Topic: Can't run any programs after logging into my Windows 7 user  (Read 64 times)

Offline Ἆxule

• Respect: +579
Can't run any programs after logging into my Windows 7 user
« on: October 31, 2013, 11:40:38 AM »
Late last night, I turned on my computer and was preparing to do some homework. However, after logging in, I wasn't able to click anything on my taskbar because once I moused over it, my mouse would just load. Naturally, I opened task manager, but the same thing happened to the task manager window that was happening to my toolbar.

After several attempts of restarting and shutting off my computer, nothing changed.

So far I've:
-Ran a scan for malware, found and removed 10 infected files, nothing has changed.
-Restored my computer to a day that it worked, nothing changed
-Held shift as soon as I entered my password to prevent programs from running immediately

I've tried researching for a few solutions, but so far none of them have worked for me.

The weird part is that I'm able to log into other users, such as the one I'm now, with no problem at all. It's only with my user -_-
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:56:33 AM by Ἆxule »

Offline Ἆxule

• Respect: +579
Re: Can't run any programs after logging into my Windows 7 user
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 12:52:15 PM »
After diving into more research on a possible solution, I had found someone who had exactly the same problem that I did. Their solution? downgrading from Skype 6.3 to Skype 6.1

I completely uninstalled Skype and now it works fine.

This also explains why only my user wasn't working since I had Skype to run on startup, but none of the other users did.

This can be locked.

Thank you!