Author Topic: Fuck youtube and Google+  (Read 308 times)

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
Re: Fuck youtube and Google+
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 09:14:56 AM »
Personally, I don't really favor it, but I'm not pissed about it.  I think that Freddie Wong puts it perfectly:  http://www.rocketjump.com/blog/youtube-comment-system 

I pretty much view it as he talks about it, I don't like being forced to use it, but it's kinda for the better.  A couple quotes to kinda sum-up the article:

"Face it – the YouTube account system sucks. Subscriptions disappear from people you’ve subscribed to. The messaging system is arduous to use. Earlier this year, they had to issue gigantic subscriber number corrections to fix some of the problems of dead or broken accounts. As creators, we’ve been complaining about the YouTube account system’s deficiencies for as long as I remember."

"So if you were Google and had a bunch of people using one account system for your other services, why would you have a whole different team of engineers working to maintain a different account database? Wouldn’t it make life easier to simply have one master database of accounts?

This seems to be the biggest impetus behind the integration – it’s not about forcing people to use Google+ (after all, they don’t really need to because tons of people use some of their numerous services already, and remember – the idea is to have one master account across all their products): It’s about trying to fix YouTube’s broken and scattered account system."

"The only reason the comment system is unusable and unreadable is because the very userbase that used to police that comment system is not doing so. The chilling effect of effective community moderation is significant, but that effect is being ignored in favor of raging against the machine. In short – the reason the comments suck is that the people who normally police those comments are busy virtually rioting in the streets."

As he states in the article, it's not going to revert back.  Google will work hard to fix the problem and make Youtube better than ever, but no amount of spam messages and comments will change their mind.  So, people need to stop whining about it and spamming comments, and they need to continue using Youtube as they have been for years.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:20:18 AM by Monorail Cat »

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
Re: Fuck youtube and Google+
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 01:28:46 PM »
+1
As he states in the article, it's not going to revert back.  Google will work hard to fix the problem and make Youtube better than ever, but no amount of spam messages and comments will change their mind.  So, people need to stop whining about it and spamming comments, and they need to continue using Youtube as they have been for years.
You do realize that ever since Google bought out youtube, they've done everything in their power to make it more shit and atrocious to use but forcing unnecessary updates THAT SERVERS NO PURPOSE. There was no need to change channel layouts in the first place, there was no need to take away the stuff like backgrounds and customizable options, there was no need to do any of that, but the horrid designers of google thought so. Each and every time there was a layout change, everyone complained, but does google listen? Nope. That's why everyone just eventually deals with it because google doesn't care about the customers and disregards their feedback messages. But this time, it's backfiring really hard, it's their fault that they tried to force google+ into being a top social media website, so they should have to deal with the massive spamming.

Btw, FreddieW doesn't really care about the update because he gets massive amounts of money from being one of the top partners with Google, so of course he will say something positive.