.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers (Read Only) > Projects

Peet's Guitar Build

<< < (2/5) > >>

Peetah:
If you talking about the body, I simply used a goddam handsaw :'(  because I dont own a jigsaw.

For the angles, I used a really rough hand file like this Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and really low grit sand paper or else it would hand taken forever.
If a magical genie gave me a tool I would used a belt sander like this Spoiler (click to show/hide)

coolzeldad:
o wow badass

I had a friend who made guitars but he would do a dipped design, where you mix more than 1 paint together, and make some sort of crazy shape in the paint bucket, then if you insert it right it wraps around the guitar. Pretty sick designs too.

Sabb:

--- Quote from: coolzeldad on October 22, 2013, 09:37:50 PM ---o wow badass

I had a friend who made guitars but he would do a dipped design, where you mix more than 1 paint together, and make some sort of crazy shape in the paint bucket, then if you insert it right it wraps around the guitar. Pretty sick designs too.

--- End quote ---
That's exactly what I wanted to do with mine lol. Called swirling I think, they look so awesome imo. Wanted to do some badass black and white one.
SWIRLING(Yellow & Black Custom Guitar)
Kind of like that but not yellow.

Peetah:
Session 2: Gluing the Neck

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-
Cutting in some bigger cavities to house the specific pickups

-
Gluing neck, I also decided I wanted to bolt it through the back so I carved a slight groove so screw can be flush with the back

-
Shot with the neck on. It is very important that you make sure the neck is straight with the body

-
Using some magic Harry Houdini wood filler to cover the screw and hide any gaps

-
How it looks like after some sanding

I will also be updating the main post.
Damm I wanna jam on it already!  :icecream:

Peetah:
Session 3: Painting - Priming, Base Color, Stencils

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-
I sprayed about 4 coats of primer. Wet sanded after it dryed.

-
Fast forward, I sprayed 3 coats of gloss black, wet sanded. Takes up so much time... Also turns my hands african american.
Now im masking off for the edge accents.

-
Moving on to the Stencil art.
Only spraying the front at the moment. Waiting for the paint to dry as we speak.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version