.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers (Read Only) > Projects

Peet's Guitar Build

(1/5) > >>

Peetah:
Hello friends! old buddy Peets here.
Not sure if there are any geetarists in Rnd, anyways I was thinking about building one for some time.
Im going for an Explorer build through inspiration of the man himself, James Hetfield.

I plan on doing some stencil art over base color.
Here are my current ideas.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ill be posting build updates as I go. Wish me luck haha.

Session 1: Shaping the Body

-
General Shape of the body

-
I Used a hand file and orbital sander to get some sexy edgess

Session 2: Gluing the Neck
-
Cutting in some bigger cavities to house the specific pickups

-
Gluing neck, I also decided I wanted to bolt it through the back so I carved a slight groove so screw can be flush with the back

-
Shot with the neck on. It is very important that you make sure the neck is straight with the body

-
Using some magic Harry Houdini wood filler to cover the screw and hide any gaps

-
How it looks like after some sanding

Session 3: Painting - Priming, Base Color, Stencils

-
I sprayed about 4 coats of primer. Wet sanded after it dryed.

-
Fast forward, I sprayed 3 coats of gloss black, wet sanded. Takes up so much time... Also turns my hands african american.
Now im masking off for the edge accents.

-
Moving on to the Stencil art.
Only spraying the front at the moment. Waiting for the paint to dry as we speak.

Session 4: Refining, Clear Coat, Polishing, and Electronics
-
After refining the stencils I proceeded to wet sand the entire guitar. (Very expensive sanding block lmao.)

-
Sprayed 6 coats of clear. Fast forward 2 weeks of drying and I again wet sanded and HAND polished using uhh megiars polishing compound.
( Polishing took like 4 hours of physical work. I'm real jacked in the right arm now.)

-

-
After checking that all the electronics worked I installed and wired them. Notice the yellow cable leaving the cavity to ground the bridge and strings of the guitar.

Complete: Sexy Lady Photoshoot
-

-

-

-
Tungsten next to Paul. (Not a very creative name for Paul haha.)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.  ;D

Frank:
Looking great, bro! The colours and stencils look pretty good and the edges already seem sweet.

Sabb:
asdf im jealous as fk
I was looking into buying some wood stock before without anything drilled or cut but after some time decided not to do the project. Only because I know I'll end up making it and never playing it unfortunately, but yours is looking good.

Peetah:

--- Quote from: Sabb on October 22, 2013, 07:00:37 PM ---asdf im jealous as fk
I was looking into buying some wood stock before without anything drilled or cut but after some time decided not to do the project. Only because I know I'll end up making it and never playing it unfortunately, but yours is looking good.

--- End quote ---
Haha yeh, I was thinking of picking up another guitar, but then I man'd up and deciding to build one.

I bought a blank neck and blank body with only routed holes. Do you can cut your own design and I
simply didnt have a router and this was my first time doing something this complex with wood.

Sabb:

--- Quote from: Peetah on October 22, 2013, 07:21:47 PM ---Haha yeh, I was thinking of picking up another guitar, but then I man'd up and deciding to build one.

I bought a blank neck and blank body with only routed holes. Do you can cut your own design and I
simply didnt have a router and this was my first time doing something this complex with wood.

--- End quote ---
Yea probably best to get that stuff already done then lol. Like your design you're doing though.
How are you cutting the shape into it btw? I thought of a few ways I'd do it myself but not actually certain how it's supposed to be done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version