Author Topic: Application: Frostbound  (Read 464 times)

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

Application: Frostbound
« on: August 27, 2013, 04:10:36 PM »
Frostbound has recently been talking to me asking about my opinion with him as admin etc. At a time I recall playing with Frostbound nearly every day on the servers and he was always a very involved and friendly player so in those regards I would have been content with him being promoted, however it's been a decent time since I've played much with Frostbound so it's hard for me to have a solid opinion. Though he does still seem like a nice guy. As far as I know if he were promoted it would be simply for server activity and managing the servers which he does quite well as far as I know. I personally feel like that's a reasonable reason to have players promoted since it's a gaming community, though I'm aware things may be slightly different and that some people seem to strongly disagree with that now. I've only heard and seen good things of Frostbound however, so I still at least view him as someone to consider if promotions were to take place. I also know that some people don't like having anyone promoted if they're not strongly involved with the forums/ts and unfortunately he is not. He is aware that being involved with the community outside the servers would aid him a lot with a promotion, though.

Any how, he would like to know what peoples' opinions are on him. So what are your experiences with him? Even if you read this and don't know Frostbound personally I think it would be nice to post that as I as well want to know, thanks.

PS. The application will be edited tomorrow after he types up some bit to add to it rather than just a recommendation.

Frostbound's Admin Application
Name: *****

Timezone: UTC/GMT +1 hour

Steam Account: FrostBound3722 (some derp took FrostBound)

Current Steam Nickname: FrostBound

Currently Active on:
TTT
Fretta
(I usually tend to populate these two when its empty)

Experiences:
Admin/Co-Owner on Boncey's RP server (Currently being worked on for bugs)
Was Admin on CS1.6 server (deathmatch, vanila, ZS)
I've been a reg on the server since i first came here (also the first 2 weeks playing as guest)
Also have been VIP for around 11 months.

How i contributed as VIP:
Kept the server ass-free.
Being active daily on the server (Atleast 3-4, sometimes much more, when i was available)

How i handled rule breakers as VIP:
Glitcher: Made sure to inform the person that what they were doing was not allowed and has to stop it. After serveral warnings the players is votekicked. If the person returns and keeps repeating this prior to my other warnings, they are again votekicked, or more severly punished - voteban.
Random Death Matching:Tell the player that its not allowed, and reffer them to the rules. If they keep doing this after being warned, they are votekicked.
Hacker: Keep a close eye on that person, i don't jump the gun on those situations. I watch the player carefully to confirm if he is hacking. Once im sure he is, i get a demo of him doing it, voteban and report on the forums.
Mic Spamming: I inform the other players there is a mute button, but in the rare case that no one knows how to mute (It could happen) I would warn the spamming player to stop it.
Round holdup: In case of a T or innocent holding up the round i would inform him that it is not allowed and he should hurry up. If they keep doing it, the result will be votekick.
Disrespect: If a player starts to insult a member on the server i would warn them to stop, if they keep being a minge, it results in a votekick.

Why do i wish to become an Administrator:
There are other administrators, but sadly i don't see them on the server that much anymore.
Want to keep the server derp-free.
I want to help the community as much as i can.
I've been here long enough to see how it all works, and i belive i have a good grip on the rules.
I want to be able to catch rule breakers even after they leave the server.(Sourcebans)

Origin: FrostBound
Steam Account Name: FrostBound

Games i own (Steam):
Garry's Mod
Counter Strike: Source
Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Half Life Source
Half Life 2 (deathmatch, lost coast)
Half Life 2 Episode 1
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Left 4 Dead 2
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Medal of Honor
King Arthur War Role-playing game]
Saints Row: The Third
Woddy Two Legs
Anomaly Warzone Earth

Friends:
ٶȻhriʂ - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198034148873/
Samo - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198034148873/
This Cactus - http://steamcommunity.com/id/sutcacsiht
Fuzsion - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fuzsion
.:RND`=-BJ_Cumstain-={Work};-; - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BJ_Cumstain/
.:RND`=-.:Bomb Squad:. - http://steamcommunity.com/id/patster21/
Rance-sama - http://steamcommunity.com/id/codekyuubi/
Schlomo Shekelstein - http://steamcommunity.com/id/prox00/
Monorail Cat (Vintage!) - http://steamcommunity.com/id/grenadith/
Merc:Take that (╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \) - http://steamcommunity.com/id/lost_dreamer/
Hapless Hamster the Gigio12121 - http://steamcommunity.com/id/gigio12121/
blah2355 - http://steamcommunity.com/id/blah2357/
gmod101 - http://steamcommunity.com/id/gmod101PX/
Apie2 - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Apie2/

That's my application, feel free to post your opinions on this.
Thanks in advance.
-FrostBound :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:41:47 PM by Sabb »

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Bomb Squad

• Windows UserApple UserDog LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Winner of Worst VIP of 2013
Re: Application: Frostbound
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 05:01:09 PM »
Frostbound is incredibly friendly and would make a great candidate for admin - he's very active, and knows the rules well.

The best way to deal with your problems is to plant a C4 in close proximity to it.

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 05:16:18 PM »
Let's see here...

I've known Frost ever since i came back from the dead,and 'till now he's been a reliable friend,
he helped me a great deal when i was feeling like shit 90% of the time and he always listened to me if i had a problem,i owe him.
Ever since we realised we were both STALKER fans we've been great friends and shared many things.
If I ever felt bad and needed someone to talk to,Frostbound would be the first person I'd go to.
He's a great friend,an awesome VIP and maybe in the future a good admin...
He gets along with everyone in the community and(in my knowledge)has no enemies or anyone who dislikes him.
He's generally nice to everyone around him and easy to get along with,and he's always willing to help anyone regardless of their position in the community.
He has had many experiences with rule breakers on the servers,so I'm confident that he would handle his newly-found power with responsibility.

I've honestly never experienced any negative behavior from Frostbound,and out of all the VIPs we have right now,he's probably my favorite.

Overall,I'd love to see Frostbound as an admin,he'd great addition to the admin team as there aren't really many admins who moderate the servers on EU timezone

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 06:07:44 PM »
Now I haven't really talked to Frostbound personally in awhile, but the last time I did I wasn't really impressed with how he treated me. Everyone has their opinions of him I'm sure, but I found him to be slightly rude and if not even a bit sexist. Now I guess that doesn't really matter that much to me (I mean it was awhile ago, but I think it's still important to keep in mind), but others maybe agree or disagree with that type of behavior. As of recently the only time I ever "talk to him" is when he says hello if I join Garrys mod or something.

I guess for all it's worth, I don't think admin is like VIP. Being a good player and all is great, but what else could he contribute. All the things I hear about him make him a good "VIP". I just don't really think he's ready for the position, but that's just me. He should considering being more active on the forums as well, I feel he could leave a bigger impact on more people since he is in different timezones. I am sure there are other admins who have a larger opinion of him than me.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 08:45:42 PM »
Being a good player and all is great, but what else could he contribute.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frostbound is incredibly friendly and would make a great candidate for admin - he's very active, and knows the rules well.
I'm friendly(sarcastic, but friendly still) and active and know the rules. Doesn't mean I should be admin. It's not really enough in my opinion.
Not really trying to ride off Marie's coattails. But I agree he should be more active on the forums, and in TS3. (I'd say active in the servers but there is only one active server atm. lol)

He's a good guy, but if being friendly, knowing the rules, and being active is all that's needed to be an admin, I don't see why all regulars+ don't get admin.
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 09:11:40 PM »
I'm friendly(sarcastic, but friendly still) and active and know the rules. Doesn't mean I should be admin. It's not really enough in my opinion.
Not really trying to ride off Marie's coattails. But I agree he should be more active on the forums, and in TS3. (I'd say active in the servers but there is only one active server atm. lol)

He's a good guy, but if being friendly, knowing the rules, and being active is all that's needed to be an admin, I don't see why all regulars+ don't get admin.
So many times people have said what doesn't make an admin and simply that "having more" or to "bring something different" makes an admin but that's pretty unspecific. So what exactly makes an admin then?

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline This Cactus

• Windows UserApple UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• im gey~ | I'm just an average kid who likes gaming
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 03:51:41 AM »
Let's see here...

I've known Frost ever since i came back from the dead,and 'till now he's been a reliable friend,
he helped me a great deal when i was feeling like shit 90% of the time and he always listened to me if i had a problem,i owe him.
Ever since we realised we were both STALKER fans we've been great friends and shared many things.
If I ever felt bad and needed someone to talk to,Frostbound would be the first person I'd go to.
He's a great friend,an awesome VIP and maybe in the future a good admin...
He gets along with everyone in the community and(in my knowledge)has no enemies or anyone who dislikes him.
He's generally nice to everyone around him and easy to get along with,and he's always willing to help anyone regardless of their position in the community.
He has had many experiences with rule breakers on the servers,so I'm confident that he would handle his newly-found power with responsibility.

I've honestly never experienced any negative behavior from Frostbound,and out of all the VIPs we have right now,he's probably my favorite.

Overall,I'd love to see Frostbound as an admin,he'd great addition to the admin team as there aren't really many admins who moderate the servers on EU timezone

a
Thanks gamefreak!

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 04:04:03 AM »
But I agree he should be more active on the forums, and in TS3. (I'd say active in the servers but there is only one active server atm. lol)
You don't need to be active in TS3. You don't get admin there, you get in on the servers and on the forums, that's where you need to be active, being active on TS3 is optional, ironically there has been some people who got their admin by mostly being active on TS3.

Now if I were to give an opinion about Frostbound as admin then I'd say that I really haven't formed one strong opinion, but I tend to more or less agree with most good things said about him here already.

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 05:47:04 AM »
Back on topic.

Saying you need to be active on TS3 is like saying you need a flamethrower to light a campfire,it helps - but it's mostly useless.

Not the best way to word your post,you have some points - but it's also really not your place to judge his activeness on the servers when he's more active than you.

Not trying to be mean or anything,but it's a fact.

Offline BJ_Cumstain

• Windows UserLeague PlayerCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Former Gametracker #1 TTT Player
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 11:54:23 AM »
Since I first joined the community frost has been one of the nicest people on the server to me. Hes a very helpful VIP and a good friend of mine. As for the admin application, I think he would be a great admin for the servers simply because of his activity in them.
Frost gets a +1 from me

Offline ·UηİŦ··

• eeeeeeeeeee
  • Windows UserApple UserOld Forum MemberLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Exit left.
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 02:48:39 PM »
Now I haven't been incredibly active in the servers since around a month or two, but from any of the times I can remember, I think Frostbound could be an okay Admin... I just feel that sometimes Frostbound could be a little more serious in certain scenarios. I don't mind that he's not active in the community beyond the servers, though that would certainly help establish some relations to gauge Frostbound with than only meeting in-game (although it's not very significant if one is fairly active in the servers, anyways).

I'm not sure whether I should thumbs this up or down. I mean, Frostbound is a great VIP, don't get me wrong. A lot of the positive things said in this thread I can agree with. I'll just have to be more active in the servers/play with Frostbound more to curb my opinion, because right now in my mind I can't be sure whether or not I can see Frostbound as an Admin.

Offline Tezuni

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 09:55:13 PM »
My experience with Frostbound has been nothing but posotive and he's done well as VIP.  I think he'd make a good admin.

Offline Sniper

• I still have nightmares about that cat
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 09:02:25 AM »
I've know frost bound, since I joined the community, he is friendly, not stressed, he is active, Playing fretta, TTT. By the way frost bound would be a nice admin.

:omgwtfddosd: :omgwtfddosd: :omgwtfddosd: :omgwtfddosd: :omgwtfddosd: :omgwtfddosd: :omgwtfddosd: :omgwtfddosd: :omgwtfddosd: :omgwtfddosd: :omgwtfddosd: :omgwtfddosd:

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 03:19:41 AM »
I have mixed Opnion on this. Similair to what Unit said, I think Frostbound needs to improve his overall seriousness whenever online, either on the forums and/or on the servers. Sure i believe he has the capability in becoming an Admin, but i'm not entirely sure that he want's Admin for the current active Admins playing on the servers or just to boast to his fellow peers that he got Admin before them and personally in my opnion is an ego boost. Of course we need more EU Admins and i'm not objecting into this application, i just have some hindering doubts especially on his "attitude" on the servers doesn't draw the rank of Admin when people hear him speak. If he stopped constantly bickering with certain other VIP's whether it was Serious or Pointless, i may have better judgement. I'm seeing this from a Serious, Professional point of view.

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2013, 05:47:26 PM »
This is a toughy, from my experience with Frostbound he has always been a pretty laxed guy, but I've never once thought to myself that he'd be a good admin. There are certain quality traits that in my opinion are demanded of an admin and Frostbound doesn't have very many of them. That being said he's extremely fun to play with, very well liked amongst the community as can be noted by all the support, and he fits the role of vip decently enough. My concern is that as is the case with many others in the past I just don't think he has the switch necessary to turn off the jokes and humor when needed and command the respect that comes with the title. As has been previously stated however Admin isn't necessarily a server position these days so what else does he bring to the table if not his activity? I don't know him well enough to speak on that subject so I'll stay away from it but in summary I like Frostbound as VIP but I just don't see him as an admin.