Author Topic: Vidya game confessions thread  (Read 502 times)

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
  • Linux UserWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
  • Respect: +331
Re: Vidya game confessions thread
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 01:42:35 PM »
I own 2 copies of Cabela's Big Game Hunter for some reason.
I owned a copy of Cabela's Big Game Hunter for some reason.
Also I had never played a video game besides pokemon yellow before joining RnD
Code: [Select]
for(;;) procrastinate = !procrastinate;Damn emoticons

Offline Purple

• ;___;
  • I don't want to be a blowfish
  • Respect: +429
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 04:42:21 PM »
spoilers for FF VII ; crisis core??
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and the pretty much only consoles I ever played on were all nintendo when I was little ( DS, Gamecube, N64, SNES, ect. ), I played like Conker and Persona 4 , maybe kingdom hearts a bit on different consoles but thats about it. !_!

a-also about league with skill, its pretty much like like a really stereo type mmo, you dont even have to aim things, just click and enemy and it automatically attacks, stereotype mmo. you just have to know what to do to win really, what items to make, where to go, thats not really skill based its common sense. lol
check out my arts
its all I live for
http://infernoheart.deviantart.com/
http://infernoheart.tumblr.com/
<00:38:40> "Snivy": I'm just milking her now.

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 04:57:49 PM »
Sometimes I think people hack in cs go.
There was this guy walling like crazy one time.

I used to play random demos that I got for my xbox in gamer magazines all the time when I was younger.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 05:58:14 PM »
+1
spoilers for FF VII ; crisis core??
and the pretty much only consoles I ever played on were all nintendo when I was little ( DS, Gamecube, N64, SNES, ect. ), I played like Conker and Persona 4 , maybe kingdom hearts a bit on different consoles but thats about it. !_!

a-also about league with skill, its pretty much like like a really stereo type mmo, you dont even have to aim things, just click and enemy and it automatically attacks, stereotype mmo. you just have to know what to do to win really, what items to make, where to go, thats not really skill based its common sense. lol
By the 1 font text I can tell you haven't played it as actually half the skills the champions use you do have to aim, it depends who you're playing but I can guarantee it's not a skill free game, it's a strategy game. If you don't think strategy games are fun/take skill, don't play them, go play a first person shooter because that seems to be the stereotypical game that "requires skill". Just because a game doesn't necessarily focus on aiming with a mouse doesn't mean it's easy or takes no skill. It simply requires a different playing style. You're also not playing against one person in league, if you were then I could somewhat agree with what you're saying but the normal gametype is a 5v5 so despite if you have to aim any ability or not you do need to use them strategically and build items strategically and no when to fight and when not to and know how to farm cs properly and know how to engage in proper teamwork, etc.

Does Starcraft also not take 'skill', out of curiosity?

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2013, 06:12:52 PM »
By the 1 font text I can tell you haven't played it as actually half the skills the champions use you do have to aim, it depends who you're playing but I can guarantee it's not a skill free game, it's a strategy game. If you don't think strategy games are fun/take skill, don't play them, go play a first person shooter because that seems to be the stereotypical game that "requires skill". Just because a game doesn't necessarily focus on aiming with a mouse doesn't mean it's easy or takes no skill. It simply requires a different playing style. You're also not playing against one person in league, if you were then I could somewhat agree with what you're saying but the normal gametype is a 5v5 so despite if you have to aim any ability or not you do need to use them strategically and build items strategically and no when to fight and when not to and know how to farm cs properly and know how to engage in proper teamwork, etc.

I don't think the game with the highest playerbase in the world, or any game with a rank system would be easy as pie to play. It was actually really difficult starting off for me because it takes a lot of plays and quick thinking. Without knowing what you are doing, you will not be a good player, at all. That's the difference between some stereotypical mmo. This also goes for Starcraft, though I will agree it is more difficult because it takes for effort, I think both games take skill.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Purple

• ;___;
  • I don't want to be a blowfish
  • Respect: +429
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2013, 06:22:41 PM »
It's just my opinion. I don't really want to go too much into it, not on here at least. discussion over, please.
check out my arts
its all I live for
http://infernoheart.deviantart.com/
http://infernoheart.tumblr.com/
<00:38:40> "Snivy": I'm just milking her now.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2013, 07:48:17 PM »
+1
It's just my opinion. I don't really want to go too much into it, not on here at least. discussion over, please.
YOUR OPINION'S WRONG AND UNSUPPORTED OKAY

Offline saivon

• Break the sound barrier, cause a sound boom
  • Windows UserDog LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Break the time barrier, cause a time boom
  • Respect: +195
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2013, 08:30:04 PM »
+1

No it does take a lot of skill and very good decision making and timings etc. You have to have an open mind in that game I can't even comprehend how much skill it takes it's ridiculous it's fun once you start to notice what you are doing wrong and stuff on how to improve upon your actions and choices. Starcraft 2 is so skill based it's crazy how skill based it is one small little fuck up could cost you the game or one minor attack/aggressive push can win you the game there are so many strategies put into that game to a point where I am like I don't even know.

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +1915
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2013, 09:09:15 PM »
+1
While you have to have some sort of skill and practice to play both Starcraft and MOBAs like League to be good, I think that it takes more skill to be good in Starcraft than it does in MOBAs.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2013, 09:18:28 PM »
While you have to have some sort of skill and practice to play both Starcraft and MOBAs like League to be good, I think that it takes more skill to be good in Starcraft than it does in MOBAs.
No one ever said that's not the case. I only mentioned Starcraft because it has a somewhat similar playing principle as League where it's not focused on mouse precision, which was a reason previously mentioned for it to "not require skill."

Offline saivon

View More Badges!

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2013, 09:25:11 PM »
No one ever said that's not the case. I only mentioned Starcraft because it has a somewhat similar playing principle as League where it's not focused on mouse precision, which was a reason previously mentioned for it to "not require skill."

Except in starcraft 2 you need a mouse and keyboard not implying that takes skill or anything but as in league you need only a mouse I could literally through my keyboard out the window and probably still win a 1v1 I just feel like starcraft 2 over all does take a ton more skill then league in every way possible in stead of controlling 1 unit you have to control multiple units do multiple  prong harass learn new builds adapt to certain situations so many things thus saying starcraft 2 takes more skill. I mean league of legends and take some skill like idk 2% but it literally comes no where close to starcraft 2

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2013, 10:17:33 PM »
Except in starcraft 2 you need a mouse and keyboard not implying that takes skill or anything but as in league you need only a mouse I could literally through my keyboard out the window and probably still win a 1v1 I just feel like starcraft 2 over all does take a ton more skill then league in every way possible in stead of controlling 1 unit you have to control multiple units do multiple  prong harass learn new builds adapt to certain situations so many things thus saying starcraft 2 takes more skill. I mean league of legends and take some skill like idk 2% but it literally comes no where close to starcraft 2
Omg you are I just clearly implied that Starcrft takes more skill you are literally arguing with yourself LOL...
But no, that is stupid. If you think you can win a 1v1 (which isn't the main point of League) without a keyboard, then I will gladly test you on that. I also haven't played Starcraft but I know how the type of game works and I'm not certain but there are most likely buttons to press with the mouse on the in-game HUD or w.e just as there are in League. I remember playing Warcraft a long ass time ago and that's how it was, it's simply not practical which is the same situation as League. Which actually probably explains why I was so horrible at Warcraft because I was too lazy to learn the shortcuts and actually did just use my mouse lol.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:19:32 PM by Sabb »

Offline saivon

View More Badges!

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2013, 11:09:57 PM »
Omg you are I just clearly implied that Starcrft takes more skill you are literally arguing with yourself LOL...
But no, that is stupid. If you think you can win a 1v1 (which isn't the main point of League) without a keyboard, then I will gladly test you on that. I also haven't played Starcraft but I know how the type of game works and I'm not certain but there are most likely buttons to press with the mouse on the in-game HUD or w.e just as there are in League. I remember playing Warcraft a long ass time ago and that's how it was, it's simply not practical which is the same situation as League. Which actually probably explains why I was so horrible at Warcraft because I was too lazy to learn the shortcuts and actually did just use my mouse lol.

Fine then I shall choose the most imba champion in league and crush you with it just using my mouse I will literally disconnect my keyboard and crush you.

Offline Infinimint

• Respect: +68
    • United Development
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2013, 11:18:21 PM »
+1
All of the arguments in this thread are invalid as of now.

Comparing LoL and SC2 specifically in terms of skill is ridiculous. They both are entirely different in where their skills are derived and comparing them is pointless. StarCraft is meant to be a single-person strategy game whereas League of Legends is meant to be a multi-person battle arena. In StarCraft skill is measured on the performance of a single player, whereas League of Legends it is measured on the overall performance of a team.

Comparing them both is like comparing American Football and Wrestling (not the fake kind) and trying to say that one is harder than the other. While they are both physically demanding, they are very different from each other. They both can be difficult in their own way. If the players on the football team do not play well together, they will not succeed. If I wrestler does not perform well for himself, he will not succeed. However, notice how whenever a player switches to the other sport it is no longer as simple and easy?

The same goes with these two eSports, the transition between them is not as smooth as you'd expect. While StarCraft is more mechanically demanding and APM intensive, it doesn't mean shit if you can't work as a team and don't know how to build your champion properly. This goes without mentioning last-hitting, combos, etc. Yes, there are less buttons to press, but that is to be expected in a MOBA. This can also be turned around, while LoL requires vital teamwork skills, it doesn't mean shit if you can't strategize on your own in real-time, have strong mechanics, and highly refined micromanagement skills.

If you're going to compare the two, compare them for the games that they are and if you do or do not enjoy them. The argument of skill is neither comparable, arguable, nor relevant.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2013, 11:25:18 PM »
All of the arguments in this thread are invalid as of now.

Comparing LoL and SC2 specifically in terms of skill is ridiculous. They both are entirely different in where their skills are derived and comparing them is pointless. StarCraft is meant to be a single-person strategy game whereas League of Legends is meant to be a multi-person battle arena. In StarCraft skill is measured on the performance of a single player, whereas League of Legends it is measured on the overall performance of a team.

Comparing them both is like comparing American Football and Wrestling (not the fake kind) and trying to say that one is harder than the other. While they are both physically demanding, they are very different from each other. They both can be difficult in their own way. If the players on the football team do not play well together, they will not succeed. If I wrestler does not perform well for himself, he will not succeed. However, notice how whenever a player switches to the other sport it is no longer as simple and easy?

The same goes with these two eSports, the transition between them is not as smooth as you'd expect. While StarCraft is more mechanically demanding and APM intensive, it doesn't mean shit if you can't work as a team and don't know how to build your champion properly. This goes without mentioning last-hitting, combos, etc. Yes, there are less buttons to press, but that is to be expected in a MOBA. This can also be turned around, while LoL requires vital teamwork skills, it doesn't mean shit if you can't strategize on your own in real-time, have strong mechanics, and highly refined micromanagement skills.

If you're going to compare the two, compare them for the games that they are and if you do or do not enjoy them. The argument of skill is neither comparable, arguable, nor relevant.
While I do appreciate the fair and unbiased opinion, no one's actually saying league is harder Saivon is literally arguing with himself. I do personally feel that Starcraft is harder however as I think there's a bit more that you need to pay attention to and those types of games at least were a bit more difficult for me to grasp and do decently at. However MOBA's were once the same too until I started understanding that so idk. But you are right, they require very different skills which is what I pointed out. It's hard to wage which requires more skill but I do think Starcraft does.
You could even argue that since it is a team effort you can depend more on your team sometimes anyhow, which I often see is the case in some players.

Fine then I shall choose the most imba champion in league and crush you with it just using my mouse I will literally disconnect my keyboard and crush you.
Oh please,
please, please, please.
My account is SabbAfer please add me and prepare some extra tampons because you'll need them.