Author Topic: This nigga ass machine can do stuff  (Read 74 times)

Offline yoshi

• as I said, pretty nice.
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +377
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:40:00 PM by yoshi »

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
  • Linux UserWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
  • Respect: +331
Re: This nigga ass machine can do stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 03:10:10 AM »
Had the robot at my highschool for a bit. The thing was pretty cool. I believe they were considering purchasing one, though they apparently dont realize the most advanced programming class there is nothing more than an explanation of multiple classes in java, and that there are other priorities, such as not firing some of the best teachers in the school in order to afford a new toy. They just got a shiny new CNC machine after getting rid of three people. Bleh...

But yeah, the thing is quite a cool bot. Id love to see these get put around in schools, but it seems schools are nothing more than things to complete a legal requirement rather than teaching students.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 10:25:44 PM by Degtyarev »
Code: [Select]
for(;;) procrastinate = !procrastinate;Damn emoticons

Offline Fenix

• Your personal ZS guide & pro.
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 08:35:05 AM »
Damnit Megaman, why are you playing golf and tic tac toe?!

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 12:05:29 PM »
Had the robot at my highschool for a bit. The thing was pretty cool. I believe they were considering purchasing one, though they apparently dont realize the most advanced programming class there is nothing more than an explanation of multiple classes in java, and that there are other priorities, such as not firing some of the best teachers in the school in order to afford a new toy. They just got a shiny new CAD machine after getting rid of three people. Bleh...

But yeah, the thing is quite a cool bot. Id love to see these get put around in schools, but it seems schools are nothing more than things to complete a legal requirement rather than teaching students.
CAD machine? You mean like a CNC machine?

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 10:25:18 PM »
CAD machine? You mean like a CNC machine?
Yes.
I dont do mechanical engineering, okay?!
;_;''

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 01:38:34 AM »
Yes.
I dont do mechanical engineering, okay?!
;_;''
lmao well I hope it was a good one then... those things are incredibly fun to mess around with. Really expensive though, to purchase and maintain.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 01:49:17 AM »
That's pretty cool. ASIMO is excellent too.

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 09:31:05 AM »
lmao well I hope it was a good one then... those things are incredibly fun to mess around with. Really expensive though, to purchase and maintain.
Its top of the line, so I'm told. But its okay I guess. We didn't really need those new books to replace the science books, some of which are older than I am. Or those teachers. Or reasonably healthy food that actually has a low enough fat content to be considered a solid. Or the machining class, because that teacher was fired. A real shame, as that teacher ran the school's FIRST club, as if the school cares about the whole computer science thing, and actually learning how to machine a part. Sure, CAD is important to the modern world, but if the school doesn't teach students the difference between a lathe and a 747, what is the point of a CNC machine again? Its cool as hell... but it doesn't really teach students much important, at least not currently with the high expense of the machine keeping it out of smaller businesses or those who dont rely on machining their own parts very often. Not every business has a CNC machine chilling in the corner for when you need to create a simple standoff.
I'm not particularly bright or creative, but holy fuck the administration at that place is terrible for oh so many reasons, and this is generally a stupid thing to say, but I could run the place better. So could an eight year old's imaginary friend. Anarchy would end up being more just than the administration there. Oh, some kid game out of no where and deciding the choke you in the middle of class, in front of a dozen witnesses who stood up for you, Joe? Well, you must have instigated it, and he said you did punch him repeatedly moments before, so you'll receive a 3 week suspension. Your so-called attacker will receive one days detention.
Did I mention the upperclassman principal is a cunt? That I was stuck with for all four years thanks to my luck and him pulling a promotion out of his ass?
Im glad Im out of that scum infested hell hole they call a school.