Author Topic: XBOX ONE DOES A 180! USED GAMES AND NOT ALWAYS ONLINE.  (Read 65 times)

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
XBOX ONE DOES A 180! USED GAMES AND NOT ALWAYS ONLINE.
« on: June 19, 2013, 02:15:40 PM »
+1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/microsoft-reversing-xbox-one-internet-used-game-policies
http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-removing-xbox-one-drm-514390310

I will sum it up. MS backtracks like hell.

Used games will work, not always online anymore(though the first time ever starting the system you need internet. Not sure why. But you do.), and not region locked(which is a first ever for MS consoles I believe?).

Maybe far in the future I may get one now. I'll consider it but no guarantees like I have with the PS4.

Though.. there are still many things I do dislike. 100$ more still, has weaker specs, they lied saying it "wasn't easy/possible to remove the used games/always online/region lock. It was built to be like that and to make things BETTER.", camera is still always watching/listening, and can't forget asshat dick PR guys. I love how one of the Xbox guys were interviewed at E3 and asked after seeing Sony's conference did they plan on changing their console at all, and they said "NOPE! Is perfect(or fine. I forget.) as it is. Looks like they were full of shit.

I imagine with the PS4 outselling the Xbox One like crazy(lol The last of us was outselling the Xbox One on amazon last night. Meanwhile like 5 different PS4 models AND PS4 controller are in top 10 on amazon.) They realized they needed to change and fast.

So what do you guys think of the Xbox One now? Plan on getting one now? Too little to late? Reconsidering now?

I planned on NEVER buying a Xbone. But now, I am considering one maybe in the far future but don't have any solid plans to buy one. (Unlike the PS4 where I do plan to buy one.)
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
  • Windows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerOld Forum MemberCat LoverDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
  • Respect: +782
    • MagiCorp
Re: XBOX ONE DOES A 180! USED GAMES AND NOT ALWAYS ONLINE.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 02:26:56 PM »
No thank you, still more expensive ;3

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
  • Linux UserWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
  • Respect: +331
Re: XBOX ONE DOES A 180! USED GAMES AND NOT ALWAYS ONLINE.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 02:37:39 PM »
Its a good thing they didn't force DRM on a console. If one manages to figure out how to pirate physical objects via a cable connection, they ought to get the Nobel prize for solving world hunger and creating the most significant scientific advancement since ARPANET, not a broken console.
It sounded amusing in my head, go away ;_;

Doubt it will matter too much in the long run personally. They've already got such bad press for the announcements, that I doubt this announcement will particularly matter. And anyone with a damn clue can realize that if they go back on what they say once, they can just as easily go back on what they say twice. Its more expensive, and as far as I can tell, a good bit weaker than the PS4. Less dreadful name, better look, support for component and RCA (Very important...) and other goodies. Sorry MS, still lost this by a wide margin even without the DRM.
They bombed the Xbox repeatedly since the day they announced the name of the thing. Turning the remaining crater into a swimming pool wont help the console, it will only appease the fanboys.
And there are your awful analogies for the day
Code: [Select]
for(;;) procrastinate = !procrastinate;Damn emoticons