Author Topic: News Reporter gets Attacked by some Ratchet Lady  (Read 137 times)

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +1915
Re: News Reporter gets Attacked by some Ratchet Lady
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 07:04:17 PM »
+3
"Get away from me!'
-News Lady walks towards her-
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 03:10:17 AM »
I personally wouldn't hesitate to do the same if bunch of TV clowns would keep getting at my face when I don't want them to.
I also love how the reporter says the dogs were biting and scratching when if you look carefully they don't do shit but bark and chase her but I have to admit the rock part was hilarious.

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 04:30:41 AM »
+1
I'm on the mother of the victim side of this, It may seem a bit extreme, but if you child died in a murder, the press has no right to barge in and take interviews when the victims are very emotional to the event, and so their personal space has to respected.

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 06:34:37 AM »
+1
I honestly think that woman reacted far too irrationally, because as the news reporter stated, she was on a public road, and not like barging into the woman's house. The woman could have just asked that she not be interviewed because she didn't feel comfortable, but instead did something barbaric that in the the end got her in trouble.

I don't think what she did was right in any way, the news reporter was only doing her job. It just shows a lack of respect from the mothers side, because I honestly don't think the reporter was trying to or was coming off as disrespectful. And it just makes anyone lose any pity for the mother, and maybe even wonder what type of life her daughter had if this was the prime example in her life.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 07:07:01 AM »
I would definitely have to agree with Marie on this one. I don't really think they were causing that much trouble but even if they were there are better ways to deal with press than to throw rocks at their head... That's a pretty stupid and irrational decision, and the dogs, and the bat of course. I understand she probably has been having news reporters up her ass for a while and that she must be under a lot of pressure due to that and due to her grief, etc. However to me that doesn't excuse completely uncivil behaviour like that.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +1915
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 08:43:25 AM »
+3
It was still funny to see the reporter skip in her high heels and get 'bit'.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 11:43:21 AM »
Not that I'm trying to start an argument here but I absolutely disagree with this whole thing being completely mothers fault nor is it a right choice, but it's understandable why mother reacted that way. I've seen many similar cases on the news in my country. Also notice how they say after the rock trow that they're about to leave and yet they stay and wait to see what next will the mother do. Reporters main goal is to make a good story for the public and they succeeded at that.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 01:54:06 PM »
Not that I'm trying to start an argument here but I absolutely disagree with this whole thing being completely mothers fault nor is it a right choice, but it's understandable why mother reacted that way. I've seen many similar cases on the news in my country. Also notice how they say after the rock trow that they're about to leave and yet they stay and wait to see what next will the mother do. Reporters main goal is to make a good story for the public and they succeeded at that.
Yes, you're right, and how does that justify her to resort to violence? I personally don't see any significant enough reason to do so unless she felt threatened physically, which I have a feeling she didn't. I mean in reality you have two outstanding options. Stay and challenge them (which she chose to do with physical force), or go in, ignore them, enjoy your day and make them waste their time if they decide to continue. Which they most likely wouldn't.
To me it's just a disrespectful decision. It's one of those "be the bigger man" situations.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 02:40:58 PM »
Yes, you're right, and how does that justify her to resort to violence? I personally don't see any significant enough reason to do so unless she felt threatened physically, which I have a feeling she didn't.
So, you don't consider mental threat as a big enough threat? Also I didn't said that her attacking the news team was a good decision, but the provocation was there.

I mean in reality you have two outstanding options. Stay and challenge them (which she chose to do with physical force), or go in, ignore them, enjoy your day and make them waste their time if they decide to continue. Which they most likely wouldn't.
If I remember correctly, her daughter was killed, so do you really think that it does not have a deep impact on the mother? Do you think that for her it will be just as easy to "enjoy her day" as it would be to anyone else, especially if there will be people who will try to get as much information and then broadcast it to the public? Journalists should know when to back off instead of going for all that they can get and then play the victims role if something bad happens to them. I am not saying that it's their fault entirely, but they contributed to the situation none the less then the mother did.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 03:00:24 PM »
So, you don't consider mental threat as a big enough threat? Also I didn't said that her attacking the news team was a good decision, but the provocation was there.
If I remember correctly, her daughter was killed, so do you really think that it does not have a deep impact on the mother? Do you think that for her it will be just as easy to "enjoy her day" as it would be to anyone else, especially if there will be people who will try to get as much information and then broadcast it to the public? Journalists should know when to back off instead of going for all that they can get and then play the victims role if something bad happens to them. I am not saying that it's their fault entirely, but they contributed to the situation none the less then the mother did.
Where is there a "mental threat"?
If I remember correctly, her daughter was killed, so do you really think that it does not have a deep impact on the mother?

No, it does, as I already stated. That doesn't to me justify barbaric behaviour. The point is that she made the decision to allow them to bother her whereas the other, more logical, civil, and effective option would have been to ignore them and tell them to leave respectfully and if they were to harass them at the doorstep or something, to then call the cops. Not throw rocks at their had with the intention of an injury, or threaten them with pitbulls and a bat... And as I said, they're not actually unavoidable. And I don't see that this woman was being disrespectful of the mother. She's trying to do her job and if she comes across as rude then I think it's pretty unavoidable but necessary sometimes. Think of yourself in her position in that career. It doesn't really seem like they were harassing the mother, but they approached her with information and wanted an interview. That's the only way to go about doing so, really. Sure though, they could obviously be annoying and at a time like that people are going to act out more than usual. Yet still, I don't see that her threats were necessary.

Also note what she says at the end.
"And get away from my house... you dumb white bitch!"
Why would you even want to defend any type of person who behaves that way?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 03:06:32 PM by Sabb »

Offline Supertoaster

• A completely superfluous bottle of cough syrup
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Only six bucks
  • Respect: +1236
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 03:02:17 PM »
I'm on the mother of the victim side of this, It may seem a bit extreme, but if you child died in a murder, the press has no right to barge in and take interviews when the victims are very emotional to the event, and so their personal space has to respected.
apparently the daughter didnt die

she got  shot and recovered and was just released from the hospital the same day

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 04:40:36 AM »
Where is there a "mental threat"?
The whole story was going to be reported to the public and if that person doesn't want that, then it's a mental threat, at least I would consider it if it were done to me.
No, it does, as I already stated. That doesn't to me justify barbaric behaviour. The point is that she made the decision to allow them to bother her whereas the other, more logical, civil, and effective option would have been to ignore them and tell them to leave respectfully and if they were to harass them at the doorstep or something, to then call the cops. Not throw rocks at their had with the intention of an injury, or threaten them with pitbulls and a bat... And as I said, they're not actually unavoidable. And I don't see that this woman was being disrespectful of the mother. She's trying to do her job and if she comes across as rude then I think it's pretty unavoidable but necessary sometimes.
...do you really think that it does not have a deep impact on the mother? Do you think that for her it will be just as easy to "enjoy her day" as it would be to anyone else, especially if there will be people who will try to get as much information and then broadcast it to the public? Journalists should know when to back off instead of going for all that they can get and then play the victims role if something bad happens to them. I am not saying that it's their fault entirely, but they contributed to the situation none the less then the mother did.

Think of yourself in her position in that career. It doesn't really seem like they were harassing the mother, but they approached her with information and wanted an interview. That's the only way to go about doing so, really. Sure though, they could obviously be annoying and at a time like that people are going to act out more than usual. Yet still, I don't see that her threats were necessary.
I doubt that I could be a good journalist since I don't really like bugging people like journalists usually do.
Also keep in mind that I'm not saying that what the mother did was right, I'm trying to say that due to these circumstances it is wrong to hate her for it.

Also note what she says at the end.
"And get away from my house... you dumb white bitch!"
Why would you even want to defend any type of person who behaves that way?
The majority of the population swears at each other, ones do more then the others but it does happen so I don't view this as a big deal at all. So what if she said it on TV to the reporter? Who are they that insulting them should be considered worse then doing so to an average person?
Why would I defend her? Because you're trying to make it look like it's all her fault entirely under the justification that journalists were just doing their job.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 09:54:36 AM »
The whole story was going to be reported to the public and if that person doesn't want that, then it's a mental threat, at least I would consider it if it were done to me.I doubt that I could be a good journalist since I don't really like bugging people like journalists usually do.
Also keep in mind that I'm not saying that what the mother did was right, I'm trying to say that due to these circumstances it is wrong to hate her for it.
The majority of the population swears at each other, ones do more then the others but it does happen so I don't view this as a big deal at all. So what if she said it on TV to the reporter? Who are they that insulting them should be considered worse then doing so to an average person?
Why would I defend her? Because you're trying to make it look like it's all her fault entirely under the justification that journalists were just doing their job.
It's pretty clear at this point that there's not much more to say considering you're mostly not actually refuting points I make and are either missing my perspective or simply disagree with it, so it'd best be left as is.
I simply don't see this person as a respectful one. At no point did I say it was entirely her fault however, as I said several times that the reporters clearly also have a position in this but not one that to me comes close to justifying trashy, violent behaviour.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:56:21 AM by Sabb »

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 11:01:43 AM »
It's pretty clear at this point that there's not much more to say considering you're mostly not actually refuting points I make and are either missing my perspective or simply disagree with it, so it'd best be left as is.
I am refuting your points, you probably just simply disagree with it just like I do with yours.