Poll

Do you think RND would benefit from having a parkour server?

Yes
No
I don't know yet.

Author Topic: RND Parkour Server  (Read 239 times)

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
RND Parkour Server
« on: May 06, 2013, 05:05:17 PM »
   A while ago, there was a server called EVO Hardkour Parkour.  This server ran the Parkour gamemode, which was absolutely awesome.  If you've heard of it, you can skip this little part here...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Something neat this server had was an in-game dj.  This dj would have music submitted on the forums by members, and you would buy song-plays with points (I'll get to that) to let you add a song to the 'To Play' list.  I believe this was called "Wolf DJ".
   I mentioned points just a second ago.  Every 10 minutes, you got 20 points on the server.  You could also get points by doing mini-games, such as capping the flag or tagging the Hunted.  These points were used to buy song-plays, hats (melon, bucket, skull, etc.), and player trails for Freerunner (I could see us using rank-specific trails, such as VIP's and Admins getting VIP and Admin trails, respectively.  Also, if we really want to go this far, I can see the points as being something potentially purchasable on the website.

If this ends up actually going forth, which I really hope it does, the dude programming the game may contact me for more exact details on how the server can be reborn (I can't program worth squat; if I could, I would have done this).  I think it would be a very popular server, seeing as how a lot of the Gmod community knows about parkour, but hasn't been able to find a server lately.  It would be awesome (though ambitious) to see this actually happen!  :)

--EDIT--
I have found a brand new parkour server.  It's pretty different, but neat, but different.  I still think it would be neat to have our own...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 06:42:10 PM by Monorail Cat »

Offline Tezuni

• Respect: +162
Re: RND Parkour Server
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 05:11:50 PM »
Sounds cool.  I would try it if coolz or another rNd member were to host this.

Offline This Cactus

• Windows UserApple UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• im gey~ | I'm just an average kid who likes gaming
  • Respect: +274
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 06:28:28 PM »
Sounds cool.  I would try it if coolz or another rNd member were to host this.
Thanks gamefreak!

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 06:36:34 PM »
+1
Coolz have been working for a shop in the servers for good time. (yomocoins  :omgwtftrolld: )

I don't know if he still supports that idea or if he just don't got time to work on it or what happened.

I think it would be better to focus first on the gamemode itself.

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 06:40:59 PM »
Coolz have been working for a shop in the servers for good time. (yomocoins  :omgwtftrolld: )

I don't know if he still supports that idea or if he just don't got time to work on it or what happened.

I think it would be better to focus first on the gamemode itself.

I agree.  The shop is just a fun little thing that could be implemented later.  But the gamemode itself is a lot of fun. 

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 11:27:25 AM »
Unrelated to Parkour, but related to the thread still.  I'm against having a shop.
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
  • Respect: +394
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 11:40:06 AM »
Unrelated to Parkour, but related to the thread still.  I'm against having a shop.
^

Purchasable points? nope.

Thought everything else sounds cool as I've played Parkour 1 or 2 times and it was decent.

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 12:35:09 PM »
^

Purchasable points? nope.

Thought everything else sounds cool as I've played Parkour 1 or 2 times and it was decent.

A shop in general I am against.

Parkour I don't care either way for. (Though honestly, I think most Parkour servers are dead.)

I'm against having a shop because it just kind of messes with things a lot. (No if it was just for PArkour and not for TTT/other games modes I wouldn't mind as much.)

Though I still don't care for shops.

Offline Alkaline

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +430
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 01:13:33 PM »
With the servers being empty for about a month, I wouldn't mind if something new came along.
A Man named William Reed's last living testament says that he is going to read his own will.

Will Reed's will will read "Will Reed will read Will Reed's will"

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 04:21:33 PM »
there was alredy a thread about the shop

you would gain it with the score you get on the servers

you wouldn't be able to use custom things on TTT

and a lot more of things, but yeah.

anyways I tried to play parkour once and I didn't understood it, still would like to try it out again.

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Monorail Cat

• Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 04:26:08 PM »
A shop in general I am against.

Parkour I don't care either way for. (Though honestly, I think most Parkour servers are dead.)

I'm against having a shop because it just kind of messes with things a lot. (No if it was just for PArkour and not for TTT/other games modes I wouldn't mind as much.)

Though I still don't care for shops.

I'm not talking about a cross-server shop.  Just a shop for parkour that lets you get different looks.  But yeah, I expected that actually buying the points with monies was going to get bad response.  But i put it in just in case.

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 08:05:58 PM »
+1
With the servers being empty for about a month, I wouldn't mind if something new came along.

Well during the last semester of school less people go on really. :P Finals and crap.

I'm not talking about a cross-server shop.  Just a shop for parkour that lets you get different looks.  But yeah, I expected that actually buying the points with monies was going to get bad response.  But i put it in just in case.

Oh well that I'm cool with. Might be a lot of effort just for that one game mode though.

Offline ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ

• Windows UserLinux UserCat LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +379
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 10:11:52 PM »
I am totally against having a shop, I don't want rNd to have hats and shit and turn into friendly players or some other shitty server.

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 02:31:20 AM »
+1
I don't mind a shop, as long as the items and cosmetics you can buy do not effect gameplay. Hats, trails and misc in TTT is a no no.

On topic: this gamemode looks very fun.

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 12:46:23 PM »
+2
I see it as the type of gamemode that's fun for a couple hours, then's empty for the next 4 months. It looks fun, but not something lasting that I think should have it's own dedicated server. But hey that's just me.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick