Author Topic: Another perma karma thread, we need to change it  (Read 234 times)

Offline imasillypiggy

• Respect: 0
Another perma karma thread, we need to change it
« on: October 27, 2010, 05:42:07 PM »
Yea I know there have been other perma karma threads but since its such a big deal in ttt and since no one has done anything about it i'm making a new one. So the other threads showed that most people on the forum don't like the new karma system and after asking around a much bigger percent of people in the server don't like it. I know that there are going to be people who are going to say "just don't rdm" but it doesn't work that way, all the times my karma and I see it happen to others is because someone believes your a traitor so they attack you then you defend yourself causing your karma to go down or a minge comes in and makes everyone think hes a traitor causing him to get killed and every ones karma goes down, the minge doesn't care because he can just leave the server and now it will take hours for your karma to get back to a good number (and of course you will soon have someone run into your bullet or something causing it to go down again), after that I see people either leave the server because how low it is and when i ask them to go back on a day later they say there karma sucs or I see people messing around because they are so bored trying to get there karma up.
I personally know 5 guys who are leaving the server because of this and its all the people of the server talk about saying how much it sucks.
why couldn't they have done more tests to see if this karma system is good or not and im not saying that perma karma is horrible its just that how it is now just sucks. Perhaps we could try raising how much karma you get each round or something.
and even if this does stop all rdmming (which it doesn't because I still see it) it isn't worth ruining the fun of the game for and dont we have vips for the very reason to stop rdming in the first place? so I speak on the behalf of many people on the ttt server when I say take it out and try to tweak it because right now its just game breakingly bad and I don't want to see more people leaving my favorite server because of it.
so in closing I say the karma system should really be changed
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 07:02:55 PM by imasillypiggy »

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
Re: Another perma karma thread
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 05:45:46 PM »
tl;dr
TTT is as full as it always is and the perma karma is going to stay. Stop RDMing and you're good.

Offline imasillypiggy

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 05:58:07 PM »
tl;dr
TTT is as full as it always is and the perma karma is going to stay. Stop RDMing and you're good.
so you didnt read the post, like i said most times it is not rdm, i dont rmd but yet my karma goes down because people jump in your fire grenades, get in the way of your shot, minge and most offten think your a traitor so they try to kill you, you now thinking that they are the traitor you kill them making your karma go down, or you kill someone and soemone sees you and thinks your a traitor for it, not to mention that it makes it were you cant use your brain when trying to figure out the traitor because you will be scared to shoot anyone also we have vips for the reason of stopping traitors and there doing a good job
also it doesnt even stop rdmming, as we speak there is a mass rdmmer on the ttt server now
now that minges know about the perma there using that to ruin peoples karma
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:40:31 PM by imasillypiggy »

Offline Strangefolk

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 06:17:41 PM »
I have to side with piggy on this one- It's actually pretty terrible, Not that's it's a bad Idea.

The Karma gain from a singe match is WAY too low, and the cost is too HIGH.
I returned to Gmod to play some TTT after a 3-or-so month time away, only to find that the system was changed merely hours before I had returned, and quite a few regulars were complaining about it. 
The old fun of being able to take risks and make mistakes is gone, replaced with a fear of being rendered useless as both Traitor and Innocent for however long it takes to redeem ones self, which is (At 20 karma per match) a horribly demoralizing thought. 

In a single game, a server regular who had been playing it safe was brought from near-perfect karma to 10, all by a singe firefight started by a Traitor who was merely doing his job. 

The server should be reverted back to its old system for as long as it takes to get the correct amount of karma loss and gain per match, if it's really going to go perma, as some people seem to want.

On the bright side, Non-game related chats have really picked up as people wait to be able to stop firing blanks.

P.S.  I only just now made an account to post on the forums, so... HELLO.
  It's good to see RND still going strong.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:24:30 PM by Strangefolk »

Offline Cheesicle

• ████████
  • Respect: +841
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 06:32:45 PM »
Holy shit triple post.

lrn2editbutton

Offline Hitman

• Respect: +112
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 06:33:20 PM »
Holy shit triple post.

lrn2editbutton

Also I suggest that you make karma raise by 80+ every round. 1 mistake = 4 hours of trying to get the karma 1000

Offline Shawn

• Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
  • Respect: +373
    • The Vault
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 06:52:23 PM »
Meh my karma is like also between 800-1000 its really not that hard to keep it up...

Offline imasillypiggy

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 06:56:15 PM »
Meh my karma is like also between 800-1000 its really not that hard to keep it up...
yea if you dont shoot anyone ever and lucky that no one will attack you because if you arnt ypur looking at 4 hours of trying to get it up

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 07:00:01 PM »
TL;DR
I'm going to go ahead and assume you want karma to not be permanent.
Nope.avi

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline imasillypiggy

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 07:01:01 PM »
TL;DR
I'm going to go ahead and assume you want karma to not be permanent.
Nope.avi
no, like I said I want it changed so it will be less extreme
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 07:33:48 PM by imasillypiggy »

Offline Dirty Hippy

• Respect: +1
Re: Another perma karma thread, we need to change it
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 07:37:20 PM »
i agree to with piggy i have been playing TTT for quite a while and some might call me a "RDMER" but i do not put lables on such things. anyways it kinda fixed my rdming urges because i fiqured its not worth it to rdm. but on the other side people follow me into rooms constently follow me trying to look like there tratior or shoot around me or shoot me once so that i kill them and get bad karma there are way to many people trying to do that now and i end up being to scared to kill anyone because my karma will be shit

Offline Jman

• NO FUN ALLOWED
  • Old Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +9999
  • Respect: +805
    • Random Gaming
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 07:40:18 PM »
People please lrn2enterkey.

Offline Cheesicle

• ████████
  • Respect: +841
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 07:44:19 PM »
 :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian:

Offline Strangefolk

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 07:54:40 PM »
Can we at least get a few values changed to make it a little more "Risk-taker" friendly?

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 08:01:28 PM »
Okay, listen. As far as TTT goes, I'm almost too discerning sometimes. But somehow, when somene RDMs two people and I kill them, I lose 300 karma. This happens more than once, and I do 10% damage for the next 4 rounds. There's a problem there. It needs to be fixed. At least reset it after a certain time limit or something.