Author Topic: Ratchet and Clank movie?!  (Read 96 times)

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
Ratchet and Clank movie?!
« on: April 23, 2013, 01:17:19 PM »
+1
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/23/first-video-ratchet-clank-movie-hits-theaters-2015/

>One of the biggest questions we’ve gotten in the last few years is “When are you going to make a Ratchet & Clank movie?”
I don't think anyone has ever asked that question.

Anyways, trailer was pretty funny. I'm shocked it's going to be a real movie going to theaters. Should be interesting, I know I will see it since I'm a fan of the series.

I hate how they use his new look though, all the fans hate it.

Are there any R&C fans on rNd?

Anyways, trailer is below.

(Oh and the disco ball thing is an item that forces people to dance, just in case you didn't know.)
Ratchet & Clank Movie Announcement - Teaser

EDIT: Small interview with IGN.  http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/23/ratchet-and-clank-animated-movie-headed-to-theaters?abthid=517688abe072c21032000015

Apparently it's the origin story. ( R&C 1 and even has the villain from it.   Weird how they will be using his new look though, still should be interesting, I'm quite excited for it.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:22:00 PM by HideoKojima »
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
Re: Ratchet and Clank movie?!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 01:31:56 PM »
Interesting. Used to play the first two games a lot a long time ago. I thought this was a bit late but I guess they've made a lot more games since then. Never hear about them any more though.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 01:51:59 PM »
The only Ratchet and Clank i played was the "Size matters" one on my PSP. I thoroughly enjoyed it as a game. This movie looks very interesting.

Offline Astropilot

• Infinitus Tabula Rasa
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• A little bit morass
  • Respect: +1207
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 02:38:38 PM »
I've already played Size Matters and the first Ratchet and Clank game so this is kinda exciting for me

Inspirational quotes don't do jack until you do something yourself

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 02:47:24 PM »
+3
WHY COULDN'T IT BE A JAK AND DAXTER MOVIE INSTEAD.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 03:24:20 PM »
WHY COULDN'T IT BE A JAK AND DAXTER MOVIE INSTEAD.
That I would honestly have to agree with. I remember there always being rumours about movies for these types of games and never really thought one for Ratchet and Clank would work all too well but I could see them doing something decent with Jak and Daxter.

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 03:32:07 PM »
That I would honestly have to agree with. I remember there always being rumours about movies for these types of games and never really thought one for Ratchet and Clank would work all too well but I could see them doing something decent with Jak and Daxter.
That's because Jak and Daxter was an awesome series, with awesome characters. It would seem more logical to make a movie out of that? There seems like there is more to work with. Then again I have never played a Ratchet and Clank game so I guess I can't really make a judgement too much.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 03:38:59 PM »
That's because Jak and Daxter was an awesome series, with awesome characters. It would seem more logical to make a movie out of that? There seems like there is more to work with. Then again I have never played a Ratchet and Clank game so I guess I can't really make a judgement too much.
The Ratchet and Clank games actually had some comparable characters imo but I think the characters in Jak and Daxter along with the story line just makes better sense for a movie. Basically the characters in Ratchet and Clank were good in the games, funny mostly, but I just don't really see them being in a movie for some reason.

Offline Tortie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +156
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 03:58:34 PM »
This looks like it could be pretty cool especially if the movie's plot is similar to Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal's story line. I've started but haven't ever finished the other Ratchet and Clank games but I loved Up Your Arsenal's story and I honestly could see it making a good movie. I'm excited and I hope this doesn't disappoint.
The Ratchet and Clank games actually had some comparable characters imo but I think the characters in Jak and Daxter along with the story line just makes better sense for a movie. Basically the characters in Ratchet and Clank were good in the games, funny mostly, but I just don't really see them being in a movie for some reason.
I've never played any Jak and Daxter games but as far as my Ratchet and Clank knowledge goes, reasons that made it so popular was the crazy and diverse weapons, the comedy, the setting/cool levels, and the story, which can all be incorporated into a movie, and hopefully it will be. I may just be a fanboy, but I think that this could make a great movie.

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +1915
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 04:09:15 PM »
+1
Good thing they already have experience with movies like Uncharted.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Lazord

• Windows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• I'm nobody! Who are you? Are you nobody, too?
  • Respect: +60
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 04:29:49 PM »
 I think I played almost every R&C game out there. It's safe to say that I enjoyed them all, but I'm not sure how many people would watch this movie, but I know I will. I'm hesitant, this movie could either be a big blow or a big hit. I'm excited to see it nevertheless.

Offline saivon

• Break the sound barrier, cause a sound boom
  • Windows UserDog LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Break the time barrier, cause a time boom
  • Respect: +195
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 06:17:46 PM »
Imo the first three ratchet and clanks were the best and I find it intresting how they are going to make it a movie.

Also played first 3 jak and dexters loved that as well in my childhood and slycooper

Jak and dexter as a movie seems intresting as well to.

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 09:39:18 PM »
The only Ratchet and Clank i played was the "Size matters" one on my PSP. I thoroughly enjoyed it as a game. This movie looks very interesting.

Most don't care for the PSP games, if you like that one you'd love the others I would imagine.

Good thing they already have experience with movies like Uncharted.

Wrong developer smart one.

This looks like it could be pretty cool especially if the movie's plot is similar to Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal's story line. I've started but haven't ever finished the other Ratchet and Clank games but I loved Up Your Arsenal's story and I honestly could see it making a good movie. I'm excited and I hope this doesn't disappoint.I've never played any Jak and Daxter games but as far as my Ratchet and Clank knowledge goes, reasons that made it so popular was the crazy and diverse weapons, the comedy, the setting/cool levels, and the story, which can all be incorporated into a movie, and hopefully it will be. I may just be a fanboy, but I think that this could make a great movie.

Already confirmed to be the origin story. So it's going to be Ratchet and Clank 1 retelling.

I've also never played Jak and Daxter.(funny how people really only played one of the series most the time.) But Jak is actually the bigger seller of the two series. Jak is much more popular. (Or was since they stopped making them.)

I think I played almost every R&C game out there. It's safe to say that I enjoyed them all, but I'm not sure how many people would watch this movie, but I know I will. I'm hesitant, this movie could either be a big blow or a big hit. I'm excited to see it nevertheless.

The most interesting thing to me, is that it's the first video game CGI movie to hit theaters. It's already got a fanbase that will most likely go see the movie and it will also bring in kids to go and see the movie.  I think the movie will do quite well honestly.

Oh and in related news Heavenly Sword will be getting a movie as well.  No idea if it will be in theaters or not but yea... that's a thing I guess.
 Really odd choice to me, not Uncharted, not God of War, not Killzone, but Heavenly Sword...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/24/heavenly-sword-movie-in-the-works?abthid=51774e08927306b728000048

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +1915
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 09:47:22 PM »
Wrong developer smart one.
Naughty Dog is owned by Sony.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 10:06:52 PM »
Naughty Dog is owned by Sony.

Sony actually isn't making the movie. (Weird I know.)

I think they might have a small part in helping but they aren't making it themselves.