Author Topic: Fretta and TTT Map Repetition...  (Read 65 times)

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
Fretta and TTT Map Repetition...
« on: April 02, 2013, 05:46:36 AM »
First, I want to ask about Fretta.  I understand that it was taken down when Gmod 13 came out.  However, I don't know why.  Did Gmod 13 completely mess up the gamemode?  Or did just not enough people play it?  Anyways, I would really like to play Fretta again; it was one of my favorite servers, and I know others feel the same way. 

Next, the issue of map voting on TTT.  Yesterday, I got pretty bored of playing the same 6 maps over and over again.  I would have liked to play some of those good maps that haven't been played for a while.  Again, I don't know if it was Gmod 13 that messed up the map voting system we had, but I would very much like to see the maps removed from the voting if they have been played within the last 10 (or whatever) rounds.  That seriously helped keep all the maps played. 

So yeah, that's what I have been bugged about lately.

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
Re: Fretta and TTT Map Repetition...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 06:35:25 AM »
Hopefully in the summer, we will see our amazing mappers create some more innovative TTT maps. (i am planning on creating a few myself, including TTT_Corruption)

Offline Xrain

• DWO PlayerOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• XRain - King of TL;DR
  • Respect: +635
Re: Fretta and TTT Map Repetition...
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 08:26:29 AM »
+3
First, I want to ask about Fretta.  I understand that it was taken down when Gmod 13 came out.  However, I don't know why.  Did Gmod 13 completely mess up the gamemode?  Or did just not enough people play it?  Anyways, I would really like to play Fretta again; it was one of my favorite servers, and I know others feel the same way. 

Next, the issue of map voting on TTT.  Yesterday, I got pretty bored of playing the same 6 maps over and over again.  I would have liked to play some of those good maps that haven't been played for a while.  Again, I don't know if it was Gmod 13 that messed up the map voting system we had, but I would very much like to see the maps removed from the voting if they have been played within the last 10 (or whatever) rounds.  That seriously helped keep all the maps played. 

So yeah, that's what I have been bugged about lately.

Gmod 13 just about broke everything. We have been slowly working through the game-servers getting each one running. Fretta poses the most work to fix, since it broke each and every gamemode on that server, and they all have to be fixed individually. So in the meantime the lower hanging fruit have been getting taken care of before the fretta server.
" I don't take square roots, I make them. Then I set them out to cool after I baked them for 40 minutes."
"It's Canadia, not Chlamydia."
"Hold on I just have to ddos myself"
~Coolzeldad~

"I'm like 12 in my head" screen when I do video?"
~Minic~