Author Topic: Xbox 720(Xbox 3) must always be online?  (Read 64 times)

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
Xbox 720(Xbox 3) must always be online?
« on: April 04, 2013, 07:52:20 PM »
There was a leak recently for a patent or something about 720 always having to be online.

And then a creative director at MS started doing damage control.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So yea.... just making me want to get a PS4 even more.

MS is going to reveal the xbox this month. Should be a very interesting event. MS is never that professional about xbox related events, they are always bringing out celebs to do stuff and don't really talking about the actual product just make the celebs say "YE YE IT GOOD PRODUCT LET ME BUST OUT A SUNG ABOUT IT!"

MS E3 2012 was hilarious.

*Insert witty comment here*

Offline Xrain

• DWO PlayerOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• XRain - King of TL;DR
  • Respect: +635
Re: Xbox 720(Xbox 3) must always be online?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 08:40:00 PM »
+1
That is just about the worst damage control I have ever seen in my life.

I hope that was only his personal statements.

That whole "Why wouldn't you want it to always be on" argument honestly was pretty shallow.

"I won't buy a vacuum cleaner because my electricity doesn't always work" Nice bit of sarcasm there, however I don't run my vacuum cleaner for 4+ hours at a time, if every time my electricity went out, it put all the dust back onto my floor, no I probably would not buy a vacuum cleaner.

Also there are places in the world where OMG yes, you don't have internet, but you do have electricity.

An example would be our fishing boat. The crew-members all have Xbox360's that they play on, and yes we also get internet out at the Bering sea.

However, we also pay ~$2000 a month for a 3 Mbit internet connection, with a 1 gigabyte monthly allotment. Also overages are $1.00 a Megabyte. So if you downloaded a bluray movie it would cost you $7,000.

So if he thinks we want to waste bandwidth just so my Xbox can receive twitter updates, he needs to remove his head from his ass.
" I don't take square roots, I make them. Then I set them out to cool after I baked them for 40 minutes."
"It's Canadia, not Chlamydia."
"Hold on I just have to ddos myself"
~Coolzeldad~

"I'm like 12 in my head" screen when I do video?"
~Minic~

Offline Cheesy Sandwich

• Wave good-night to de white folks, 'DEWLLA!
  • Respect: +83
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 08:46:06 PM »
I have the regular 360, and I really don't like it. the only thing to me is that the cost of live is balls expensive. I would rather buy a PS4 or PS3.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Xrain

• DWO PlayerOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• XRain - King of TL;DR
  • Respect: +635
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 08:57:57 PM »
Looking at his twitter profile, he is claiming that the comments he made was a personal trolling against a gameplay designer at bioware.

Raises my hopes a little bit that those aren't official statements from Microsoft.

Perhaps with the failures that have happened with the always on with simcity and other games perhaps M$ wont be so fast to make the new xbox online only as well.
" I don't take square roots, I make them. Then I set them out to cool after I baked them for 40 minutes."
"It's Canadia, not Chlamydia."
"Hold on I just have to ddos myself"
~Coolzeldad~

"I'm like 12 in my head" screen when I do video?"
~Minic~

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 09:05:49 PM »
Looking at his twitter profile, he is claiming that the comments he made was a personal trolling against a gameplay designer at bioware.

Raises my hopes a little bit that those aren't official statements from Microsoft.

Perhaps with the failures that have happened with the always on with simcity and other games perhaps M$ wont be so fast to make the new xbox online only as well.

Yea, I just saw that. I'm not too convinced though, as Bioware doesn't have anything always online? So not sure how he is trolling him, unless they had a conversation earlier or something.

I think it's a scape goat myself, but hey we will find out soon enough I guess. :p
*Insert witty comment here*