Author Topic: Games that didn't get as much credit as they deserved  (Read 104 times)

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
Games that didn't get as much credit as they deserved
« on: April 01, 2013, 01:30:33 AM »
+1
Basically just list games you think either could have done better, or didn't get as much credit as they probably should have. Maybe even name games that may not even been good per se, but have always just stuck with you:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
Re: Games that didn't get as much credit as they deserved
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 01:56:12 AM »
+1
I'll have to think of some other ones but I remember distinctly enjoying Chameleon Twist for the n64.

I just remember liking it and enjoying some parts that didn't make sense at the time ;o
Essentially you have certain things you can eat, certain things that hurt you when the tongue touches.
You can also use the tongue to get around to certain ledges by grabbing onto stuph as you complete the stage.
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline Alphaggot

• Thats the race I wanna play
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• 지금 now is the 비 coming down
  • Respect: +582
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 05:06:49 AM »
+1
I don't exactly remember the name or what it was, but there was this game for the PS2 / Xbox around 6 years ago. I remember playing it in Korea, it was probably the best RPG I've played to date.

Offline ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ

• Windows UserLinux UserCat LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +379
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 09:02:06 AM »
Q.U.B.E.

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 12:27:02 PM »
Basically just list games you think either could have done better, or didn't get as much credit as they probably should have. Maybe even name games that may not even been good per se, but have always just stuck with you:

KH COM/RECOM.

Everyone hated it for the card system, yet the card system made it pretty deep and challenging unlike most KH games where you just keep on mashing the X button. You had to actually think.
The story was pretty damn good, and it had the best/most interesting characters from the organization. (Way too blow you load on that Square leaving mostly dull guys in KH2 left alive.)
Only thing that sucked is it was literally the same damn worlds with the same damn sub plots for them... and you only got more story and a cutscene after being a level.
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 01:06:02 PM »
KH COM/RECOM.

Everyone hated it for the card system, yet the card system made it pretty deep and challenging unlike most KH games where you just keep on mashing the X button. You had to actually think.
The story was pretty damn good, and it had the best/most interesting characters from the organization. (Way too blow you load on that Square leaving mostly dull guys in KH2 left alive.)
Only thing that sucked is it was literally the same damn worlds with the same damn sub plots for them... and you only got more story and a cutscene after being a level.
Not even nigga, I know a shit ton of people who loved COM (I liked it, not really loved, but), and the fact that even to this day it is still popular, says a lot. It may not appeal to some people, but it certainly got the credit it deserved.
I'm talking about games that people wouldn't even remember.
If you wanted to talk about Kingdom Hearts games that didn't get credit, let me tell you a little something about Coded, not re:Coded, Coded.
If re:coded hadn't come out, no one would have even thought for a second about it. Chain of Memories was popular even before the ps2 remake.

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 01:48:56 PM »
Not even nigga, I know a shit ton of people who loved COM (I liked it, not really loved, but), and the fact that even to this day it is still popular, says a lot. It may not appeal to some people, but it certainly got the credit it deserved.
I'm talking about games that people wouldn't even remember.
If you wanted to talk about Kingdom Hearts games that didn't get credit, let me tell you a little something about Coded, not re:Coded, Coded.
If re:coded hadn't come out, no one would have even thought for a second about it. Chain of Memories was popular even before the ps2 remake.

Meh, most people dis it, and a lot of KH "fans" skipped it even though it's canon and very important to the series.

Coded didn't get any credit because it didn't come to US. :p  Many wanted it to though.

I remember looking up the monthly things for it reading the summaries waiting for somethin to happen...
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline Captain Communism

• What?
  • No really, what?
  • Respect: +230
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 01:54:42 PM »

Miss that a LOT

On that note, I want Galaxies back. TOR sucks ass ;-;

Offline Gigio12121

• Nope.
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 01:55:32 PM »
Great game, great story, immense character development and a satisfying end, s'all I got to say.

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 01:56:45 PM »
Meh, most people dis it, and a lot of KH "fans" skipped it even though it's canon and very important to the series.

Coded didn't get any credit because it didn't come to US. :p  Many wanted it to though.

I remember looking up the monthly things for it reading the summaries waiting for somethin to happen...
People diss a lot of the Kingdom Hearts games, because not every person likes every game. I know some people who hate KH2, which to me seems absurd. I personally don't like KH1 all that much, way may come off as strange to some people.  It's just s perspective thing. More people hated 358/2 days, rather than Chain of Memories, though.

Even if it wasn't in America, that's no excuse for the credit it didn't get. It was only on the mobile phone true, but the Kingdom Hearts Final Mixes were far more popular in comparison, and they weren't available in the US either? A lot of people just didn't like the game play/couldn't get a hold of it, so out of all the KH games, I think it was the one that got the least credit.