Author Topic: Delaying a round.  (Read 119 times)

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

Delaying a round.
« on: March 07, 2013, 10:52:13 PM »
Curious, how much time is it considered to be delaying a round?  Lately I see a lot of people delaying rounds/not doing anything.
So I'd like to know what the sweet spot number is.

I think 3 or 4 minutes is when it is considered taking to long and when a warning should pop up, but I wanna know what you guys think.

*Insert witty comment here*

Offline [Valor]iPounce

• My Waifu
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserLeague PlayerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Fun things are Fun
Re: Delaying a round.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 12:53:12 AM »
That depends, we usually just warn them with VIP talk if they don't know that they're delaying the round but if it's on purpose it's kickable.

"ς๏๏lzєl๔ค๔": WE RACIST
"KHMarie12": Fapping
"KHMarie12": lolwat; coolzeldad: iPounce stop making me think that I'm being ddos'd
[10:28] LazerBlade1: give me the thing

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 07:16:10 AM »
No official number. Soley based on the opinion of the ranked member at the time. It's hard to come up with some official number for that any ways as a lot of the time the traitor might be trying to do stuff but being unsuccessful, etc. If for like 3 or 4 minutes straight I've noticed that the traitor has made no attempts at anything I think that's usually a good point to at least start warning. Also kind of depends on how many people are dead though, how long the rounds been on in total, etc.
Keep in mind though all VIPs and up are promoted because trust is put in them for making decisions and judging situations. So, just do whatever you think is best for the server/people on the server at the time. Obviously that doesn't mean completely disregard every guideline but it's an open opportunity to have your own say.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 07:19:10 AM by Sabb »

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 08:24:16 AM »
This was something I always wondered myself actually, since TTT was never really the gamemode I played often. I figured it was when there were maybe 2 or 3 people left in the round, and they hold it up for 4 or 5 minutes, but I guess it's always good to make sure.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 09:17:15 AM by †KHMarie† »
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Apie2

• WAAAAZAAHHHH, You can eat me O_o
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 08:47:16 AM »
Like Sabb said there isn't a specific time for delaying the round.

I mostly just warn in chat when I feel like it has been a while.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 08:59:41 AM »
This was something I always wondered myself actually, since TTT was never really the gamemode I played ofter. I figured it was when there were maybe 2 or 3 people left in the round, and they hold it up for 4 or 5 minutes, but I guess it's always good to make sure.
Not really, still depends.
http://wiki.randomgs.com/index.php?title=Server_Rules
There's still no official rule against delaying the round in TTT. But the whole point is that if something's occurring in the servers which is causing a majority of players to be unable to play the game, unable to enjoy it, upsetting players possibly making them leave, etc, then something should most likely be done to solve the situation. So if players delaying becomes a problem in any way previously mentioned and players are noticing it, might be a good idea to warn them earlier and possibly kick a minute or so after if no effort is being made.

Really though delaying is also simply a part of the game somewhat inteded. In some cases delaying can be necessary but to an extent so I wouldn't really just go by a specified guideline of "warn at 2 or 3 minutes kick at 3 or 4" because in this case every situation has its own circumstances.
For example, if someone was delaying the round for maybe even simply 1 or 2 minutes but everyone's dead and the last innocent is simply sitting in a hollow prop completely invisible and the traitor hasn't bought a radar and has been wandering mindlessly, then I would warn pretty quickly and kick(or explode in my case) even quicker if they make no response to a warning.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 09:17:08 AM »
Like everyone said above,i usually just warn the T if i feel like he's been holding up the round for awhile now and if still nothing just kick him.