Author Topic: Need help with telemarketers  (Read 70 times)

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
  • Respect: +338
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
Need help with telemarketers
« on: January 15, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »
So a while back there was something my mom jokenly said she wanted every time it came on tv. Well one time my stupid ass decided to call it I actually didn't I typed the number then hung up it didn't even ring, it wasn't even a second. Well ever since then they have been calling every damn day at first we answered and asked
Politely for them to not call again after 3 days of being nice we just started telling them shit. It has been 2  months since and they are STILL CALLING.now they purposely fuck with us, like we answer and they either hang up right away or they play there shitty music for 20minutes and when we don't answer they play their shitty music until the answer machine runs out of memory.

What can I do to stop them? This is really getting out of hand and is getting really annoying.

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
Re: Need help with telemarketers
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 09:57:02 PM »
+2
So a while back there was something my mom jokenly said she wanted every time it came on tv. Well one time my stupid ass decided to call it I actually didn't I typed the number then hung up it didn't even ring, it wasn't even a second. Well ever since then they have been calling every damn day at first we answered and asked
Politely for them to not call again after 3 days of being nice we just started telling them shit. It has been 2  months since and they are STILL CALLING.now they purposely fuck with us, like we answer and they either hang up right away or they play there shitty music for 20minutes and when we don't answer they play their shitty music until the answer machine runs out of memory.

What can I do to stop them? This is really getting out of hand and is getting really annoying.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

If I register my number on the National Do Not Call Registry, will it stop all telemarketing calls?
No. Placing your number on the National Do Not Call Registry will stop most telemarketing calls, but not all. Because of limitations in the jurisdiction of the FTC and FCC, calls from or on behalf of political organizations, charities, and telephone surveyors would still be permitted, as would calls from companies with which you have an existing business relationship, or those to whom you’ve provided express agreement in writing to receive their calls. However, if you ask a company with which you have an existing business relationship to place your number on its own do-not-call list, it must honor your request.  You should keep a record of the date you make the request.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 09:59:18 PM by Deacon »

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 10:02:48 PM »
So you can actually get bored of telemarketers. I just fuck around with them if they keep calling, they get bored and never call back.

Other than that, Deacon's got the right idea.

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 11:22:50 PM »
https://www.donotcall.gov/
This. I did this so many years ago. The calls have just stopped now. If you do get a call again, just hang up. Don't even bother to talk.