Author Topic: Saetik's Regular application 1/4/13  (Read 236 times)

Offline Saetik

• Windows UserDog LoverOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• I r in Narnia.
Saetik's Regular application 1/4/13
« on: January 04, 2013, 01:02:07 PM »
Nickname: Saetik
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:28926325
Favorite Interests: Guitar, video games, reading
Favorite Servers: TTT and Zombie Survival
Time Online: 10 AM - 2:45 AM (-6)

Languages I Speak: English, German, Latin, Spanish
Education: Eduwhat? Highschool.
Some stuff I don't like: People that ruin the game for others.
Other games I play: Battlefield 3, Crysis 2, Far Cry 3, AC 3, Call of Derp modern derp 2, WoW, Portal 2, L4D2, and ARMA 2 combined Ops (Day-Z)

Summary: The reason I made this application is so that I can help monitor the servers and help vote kick or ban a RDMER if they are causing any problems. I am definitely a friendly player, looking to have fun with others. And I can usually be mostly found on the TTT server.
  :rasta:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:47:04 PM by Saetik »
Can I haz badger?

Offline Lazord

• Windows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• I'm nobody! Who are you? Are you nobody, too?
Re: Saetik's Regular application 1/4/13
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 03:06:29 PM »
I think you're a cool guy and all and a great player but I don't think you're ready for regular. I mostly don't think you're ready because of your poor judgement when it comes to killing people. Like, you'll just kill somebody just because of a joke when they call themselves out in the beginning of the round, or if somebody calls somebody else out in the beginning of the round for fun. I also seen you RDM once or twice at the end of the round to see if you're lucky. :thumbsdown: I want to see improvement on your judgemental skills.

Offline FrostBound

• Windows UserDog LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Shank Beech
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 03:21:09 PM »
Played with him, and his judgment can be poor at certain times but he doesn't break any rules and complies with every player, so for me its a +1 as long as he behaves like this.

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 03:51:12 PM »
I think you're a cool guy and all and a great player but I don't think you're ready for regular. I mostly don't think you're ready because of your poor judgement when it comes to killing people. Like, you'll just kill somebody just because of a joke when they call themselves out in the beginning of the round, or if somebody calls somebody else out in the beginning of the round for fun. I also seen you RDM once or twice at the end of the round to see if you're lucky. :thumbsdown: I want to see improvement on your judgemental skills.
this. 

Offline Cheesy Sandwich

• Wave good-night to de white folks, 'DEWLLA!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 09:43:51 PM »
:Edit  ;D See below post
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:56:22 PM by Cheesy Sandwich »

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerCat LoverDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• the power of the scout's code
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 09:44:58 PM »
Played with him, and his judgment can be poor at certain times but he doesn't break any rules and complies with every player, so for me its a +1 as long as he behaves like this.
>Poor judgement
You do realize being a regular requires at least decent judgement because the only thing they have power to do is certain things in wire build and they need to vote on a votekick/voteban which requires at least somewhat decent judgement. 

:thumbsdown:
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline Saetik

View More Badges!

• I r in Narnia.
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 11:40:35 PM »
Despite the negative comments, I am still some-what pleased that you guys are taking the time to review me over. Also, if it wouldn't be too much a bother I would suggest reviewing me again.
Can I haz badger?

Offline Cheesy Sandwich

• Wave good-night to de white folks, 'DEWLLA!
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 07:51:21 PM »
well, IMO i would wait a bit on a Reg app. since your newish, i would say play more on the server/servers first. + get to know more people in the community

Offline Saetik

View More Badges!

• I r in Narnia.
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 10:34:45 PM »
I'm not really new. I'm just re-applying as reg since I lost it due to being inactive. Many of you would probably remember me as Dragonboy.
Can I haz badger?

Offline Dark Pacifist

• Linux User
    View More Badges!

• Please gather round while I detonate the bomb.
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 03:27:29 PM »

Well this^

Bro Saetik just you know... "rdm" less or at least get better acquainted with the rules: http://wiki.randomgs.com/index.php?title=Server_Rules#Trouble_in_Terrorist_Town_Rules
-Hibernating till summer-

Offline Saetik

View More Badges!

• I r in Narnia.
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 05:20:29 PM »
I have been rdming less. It's just that there are trolls that think it's funny to shoot me just because I was the detective. If anything, I would shoot back to defend myself.
Can I haz badger?

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 07:48:01 PM »
I have been rdming less. It's just that there are trolls that think it's funny to shoot me just because I was the detective. If anything, I would shoot back to defend myself.

well a point here.

RDM stands for Random Death Match.

The meaning of RDM changed a little bit around all the TTT servers so RDM would be killing someone who you don't think is the traitor or you can't explain with a decent reason why you killed him.

So ill put in the spoiler some examples,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:43:39 PM by memo3300 »

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Lazord

• Windows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 09:19:03 PM »
Well although you have improved AFTER your application. People shouldn't base their vote after you apply since anybody could act maturely and responsibly until their promoted, then turn right around.

I'm not saying that's what you're going to do, but just keep it in mind.

Offline Saetik

View More Badges!

• I r in Narnia.
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 09:23:16 AM »
Well although you have improved AFTER your application. People shouldn't base their vote after you apply since anybody could act maturely and responsibly until their promoted, then turn right around.

I'm not saying that's what you're going to do, but just keep it in mind.

I really have nothing against you, it's just that you keep bringing the same topic over and over again. I don't know if you're just trying to make me feel angry about it or what but if you think that I have some sort of grudge against you then I'm sorry but there really isn't anything there to hold against. I am a simple gamer, just trying to enjoy himself and help the community.  Also I don't think that you're taking this a bit too serious, but you may have just gotten the wrong message.
Can I haz badger?

Offline Lazord

• Windows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 02:41:51 PM »
I really have nothing against you, it's just that you keep bringing the same topic over and over again. I don't know if you're just trying to make me feel angry about it or what but if you think that I have some sort of grudge against you then I'm sorry but there really isn't anything there to hold against. I am a simple gamer, just trying to enjoy himself and help the community.  Also I don't think that you're taking this a bit too serious, but you may have just gotten the wrong message.
I understand you, but one objection I'd have to make would be that I only brought the topic of your application once and I never intended to make you feel angry about it. At the simplest I'm trying to help you improve in this community telling you things that you need to work on. Good luck on this app :) and let's not extend this skirmish any longer so there wouldn't be a mess on your Reg application.