Author Topic: Your top 3 Final Fantasy Games?  (Read 106 times)

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
Your top 3 Final Fantasy Games?
« on: December 14, 2012, 07:49:10 AM »
Since there was a Zelda one of this I figured I make a Final Fantasy one too.

Mine:
Final Fantasy VIII. For some reason the first time I played this game I didn't think I was going to like it all that much, but by the time I got the 3rd disk, I fucking loved it. The storyline is a bit off compared to other Final Fantasies, but I really love the characters and the gameplay (which is funny because a lot of people really hate the FF8 battle system)  learning more about Squalls past and Laguna was also really interesting too, I loved the flashbacks. The game gave me a lot of good memories, so it is automatically at the top of my list. I could have done with out the shit ton of plot holes though lol. It's funny, the Junction system and drawing of magic in FFVIII made it either really hard or reeeeaaallly easy (since it could be really easy to not run out of magic my drawing a shit ton for everyone) The GF were also like my main source of fighting, whenever I was in a battle, I thought it was cool how much you could use them.

Final Fantasy X: Could also go as first place for me, but I unfortunately officially played it during a bad time in my life, so it was dropped to 2nd, since it brings back bad memories. This game was the first Final Fantasy I ever saw (watched my brother play it when I was like 4) and in my opinion has the most fucktastically sad ending of any game I've played, which others could disagree, whatever. And yet I love it so much. The characters, Tidus's growth and Yuna's too. It held a lot of meaning; I really liked the story. The gameplay is awesome too, with the turn based battle system and the sphere grid, I had a lot of fun going into battles, even if they did scare the shit out of me (that cracking screen) Don't even get me started on Final Fantasy X-2 LOL, man, I remember I played that before I officially played FFX and thought it was a lot of fun; went a played X, never fucking again. That game makes me want to cry every time.

Probably Final Fantasy VI: I didn't actually play too much of this, since I got stuck in a cave ;_; but I found the characters to be charming, and enjoyed the feel of the game. I liked Terra and the strugge she has to go through with having esper blood and everyone trying to capture her and use her. She's a strong character, even though she gets used a lot by the Empire. And though she is considered the main protagonist, the game actually has quite a few (Locke, Edgar, Celes, etc). The battle system is basically "Pokemon, but faster"

So yeah lol. I like a lot, but these ones are the main ones I've played and liked a lot. Final Fantasy VII was good, but to me just wasn't the best. Final Fantasy IX was good as well, but I think it was lacking something, I can't really put my finger on. I surprisingly really liked the way the characters looked in the game, even though they look like little kids lol and the storyline was just LOL kind of confusing I guess... Final Fantasy XII was really politically based which is why I think a lot of people didn't like it, I however do have fun playing it. Final Fantasy XI is an online game that makes me want to kill myself with how much fucking time it takes to level up, god help me. Final Fantasy XIII was really nice, liked the battle system, but I wasn't feeling the story, and it really pissed me off that they got rid of the victory fanfare. All the other games before 6 I have not played, and plan on doing so. (Minus the original Final Fantasy, I have played that, and I personally found it to be kind of boring. ;_;)
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
Re: Your top 3 Final Fantasy Games?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 07:50:16 AM »
VI/III > X > XIII

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 07:55:13 AM »
Even though i haven't played many Final fantasy games, I really enjoyed playing Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core since story-wise really helps me understand the plot of Final fantasy VII and the Gameplay was hugely enjoyable since im not a big fan of RPG type games.

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerCat LoverDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• the power of the scout's code
  • Respect: +256
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 07:57:37 AM »
 Tactics, Dissidia, and Crisis Core.
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 08:29:23 AM »
Tactics, Dissidia, and Crisis Core.
My sides.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerCat LoverDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• the power of the scout's code
  • Respect: +256
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 03:04:20 PM »
+1
My sides are too fat.

Ok, it's not like I played any other Final Fantasy games.
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 04:43:25 PM »
1) Final Fantasy Versus XIII
2) Final Fantasy VS XIII
3)  FF vs 13

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 06:15:31 PM »
Oh god this is difficult.
-FFVII
-FFX
-FFXIII

Of course, that's the usual selection, but only because VII had such a back story to it (Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus)
X would definitely be the winner with the kick ass theme and sad ending if VII wasn't revisited every few years.
Then there's XIII, which I had obsessed over and watched the TGS and international trailer for hours on end. I have to say that XIII had it all, though would be much better with some character improvements.

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
  • Windows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerOld Forum MemberCat LoverDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
  • Respect: +782
    • MagiCorp
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 12:18:17 PM »
Silly question

all of them

IV > VIII > VI