Author Topic: FullMetal Alchimest Brotherhood versus Alternate version  (Read 97 times)

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
FullMetal Alchimest Brotherhood versus Alternate version
« on: December 05, 2012, 04:37:39 AM »
So I used to watch FullMetal Alchimest. It would come on around a certain time on adult swim on some nights. The biggest problem was that I commonly watched it out of order, and when I caught a whiff of a finale episode I backed out to avoid spoiling it so I could rewatch what I had missed. 

The point is that I don't know where FMA (refered to as the alternate version) splits apart from the Manga and if FMA: Brotherhood remakes the episodes prior to the split.

Please do not spoil anything, use spoiler tags if I have not mentioned my knowledge of it.

Anyways, I can't tell the difference between them. The best I can do is offer what I know:

There was this one time where that girl was controlling the Metal Man (The Main Characters brother who was brought back, I don't think he has a sense of touch).
Edward (The main character, right?) had to pass some sort of test and stood on this perfectly balanced thing and then pointed out a security risk. The person he attacked was the main guy, had an eyepatch, and had sliced the weapon almost invisibly.
There are guns, it might have been the M9 or Baretta pistol in hindsight.
There were these two/three characters, one female (with dots, long black hair, was antagonist) and one fat monsterthing (yellow skin + green clothes?) that would eat stuff. Might have been some sort of young crazy girl and possibly a twin of her?
Cars were used, I recall that they transformed a car to hide one time.
That Metal Man fought this other thing that was the same sort of thing he was, only made out of other things. He talked about how the person he is might not be him and gave him serious doubts. They sort-of-kinda came to a truce as neither could kill the other.
That Metal Man guy once acted like he was a real person inside his armor, some people thought he was super strong.
There was this strage facility-type place that had to do with the phisophiser's stone. I recall the color purple and people in tubes and possibly that girl with the dots who was an antagonist.
There was this odd boy with all this strange creepy black stuff with eyes.
There was this tunnel that had the same black stuff that killed people. Some search parties died. Eventualy there was an explosion. I remember snow.
Some girl and some guy were working in an office setting, perhaps the capital. Either the guy or the girl figures something real serious about the guy with the eyepatch and sends it to the other person through a code. The eyepatch guy might be immortal?
There is this extremely muscular dude who rips off his shirt and does this thing. I think he battled/argued over who inherited a house or something.
The main character has a sister who fixes his arm for him. I believe that someone walks in on her while she is changing and might have seen her boobs. There also might be a grandma living in the same house.
There is this guy known as Scar, or X, or something. He has something to do with rebels and the main character doesn't always trust him. He has a tan colored jacket and an "X" on him somewhere
This one time, a sniper is talking about how only snipers really know the amount lost on a battlefield. Mentions killing hundreds of soildjers and trauma. Might have been a girl.
The person who the main character is trying to recover is his brother. He gave an arm for him. At some points he is seen in this white place with a door. Neither the Metal Man or Edward can get to him (And the one time they do they can't pull him out) and are both shocked.
The person who might be the main character's father is immortal for sure. He was this slave/apprentance who knew this weird eye cloud. The eye cloud betrayed the greedy king, killed everyone within a range, and gave that person immortality.
There was some plot to do the same thing in the city Edward is in. I think there might have been some killing black fog, but if you died in the fog you had no idea what was happening and you didn't know you were dead.
A group of people, possibly including the main character, were fleeing from the creepy kid with the black-stuff-with-eyes.  I think there was a car that might have exploded.
The main cast and crew have all been imprisoned in some very dark place. The Metal Man is "unconcous" because he is with his other self (who is weak). There is this person who's sight is stolen from him, he says something about how he can't see after the lights go on. He sobs? Anyways, eventualy they are lifted into the air while the Eyepatch guy is fighting this other guy (Scar/X?). The eyepatch guy mentions something about the thrill of life or death fights. Eventualy the Metal Man decides to stay with his metal body so that he can be strong for his friends who need him. He wakes up but before he does the main character really wants him to not wake up because then some sort of sacrifice can't be done.

Now tell me what is Brotherhood and what is Alternate.
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
Re: FullMetal Alchimest Brotherhood versus Alternate version
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 04:49:00 AM »
+1
Brotherhood stays faithful to the manga, while the original series went off on it's own direction.

Personally, I liked them both equally. Brotherhood seems to be the "superior" one, according to most fans though.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 04:53:44 AM »
Brotherhood stays faithful to the manga, while the original series went off on it's own direction.

Personally, I liked them both equally. Brotherhood seems to be the "superior" one, according to most fans though.

Ok. I know that.

The question I am asking is basically:
Did I see Brotherhood or the original series? Both? What is what?
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 04:53:57 AM »
+3
The plot is different basically from the very beginning. I recommend watching both though because they're both good, however I prefer FMA:Brotherhood. The first FMA's storyline went in-depth with certain things, like when Nina was turned into a kamera, I felt worse about it in the first one, were as in brotherhood it was all sort of rushed. The storyline in the first version though I didn't like quite as much for one main reason: it didn't follow the manga. Brotherhood followed it basically full on which was clearly the point, and even if it didn't go too in-depth about certain issues in the beginning, I think it makes up for it later on with introducing Hohenheim, and the main plot. I also liked how they didn't fucking bring back Izumi's baby as wrath, making the fuër wrath was a much better choice, and really showed the conflict and corruption within the country. I can go on about many other things like Fort Briggs with Olivier, goddammit I love the Armstrongs, and the people from Xing. (Ling <3) and how everyone's relationships seem so much stronger.
Overall, both are good, Brotherhood is the best though by far, at least in my opinion.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Blockbust

• Commander of Toast
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 07:50:29 AM »
I think you watched more of the Brotherhood Series rather than the original one. Btw that "Metal Man" you talked about is Ed's Brother who had his body taken away but who had his soul was sealed into a set of armor by sacrificing Ed's arm and leg.
"Open your eyes. In the end you will have to decide for yourself. You alone." -Dr. Steam

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 03:25:07 PM »
+1
Along with what everyone said, Brotherhood is displayed in full widescreen with sharper quality while the original is in 1:33:1

You watched Brotherhood. I doubt they would bring the original to air nowadays.

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 01:01:59 AM »
Along with what everyone said, Brotherhood is displayed in full widescreen with sharper quality while the original is in 1:33:1

You watched Brotherhood. I doubt they would bring the original to air nowadays.

I suppose, but the problem lies in that I watched it years ago and that I didn't always see the "brotherhood" title until after I got lost.

Anyways, thank you everyone. Here's a free round of +1s for your time.