Author Topic: What is(if any) the Physical effects of Aspergers?  (Read 113 times)

Offline Cariad†

• Dw i'n Barod
  • Respect: +125
What is(if any) the Physical effects of Aspergers?
« on: October 30, 2012, 09:08:15 AM »
I've been searching for a while and found nothing on physical effects but I was told that there are some.
I have Aspergers Syndrome and wanted to know about the physical changes. I know it affects socializing and things like that while giving an obsession with something(Astronomy is mine).
It affects people with average - above average intelligence. So don't say because it's autism it's a retardation.
The reason I want to know this is because I'm joining the Canadian Forces when I graduate in 3 years and I need to learn all about it. I got most of it but I don't know what it physically does. Mine is a level 6(Not sure if level is the right word).

Again, does anybody know what they are?

Offline Alkaline

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +430
Re: What is(if any) the Physical effects of Aspergers?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 01:08:57 PM »
Did you get an official diagnosis from a doctor? I don't think you should jump to the conclusion that you have aspie just because of social awkwardness (which you can improve) and an interest in astronomy.

And it's also evident that you aren't mentally deficient.
A Man named William Reed's last living testament says that he is going to read his own will.

Will Reed's will will read "Will Reed will read Will Reed's will"

Offline Cariad†

• Dw i'n Barod
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 02:21:45 PM »
Did you get an official diagnosis from a doctor? I don't think you should jump to the conclusion that you have aspie just because of social awkwardness (which you can improve) and an interest in astronomy.

And it's also evident that you aren't mentally deficient.
Yes I gotten one from a doctor, however it was a couple years ago. All I'm looking for is the physical effects. I was diagnosed with it when I was 7. Also, Aspergers Syndrome doesn't affect those who are lower in intelligence. It affects Average to above average. It also doesn't have affects on your intelligence despite being an Autism syndrome. Bill Gates is thought to have/had it.
I was a 6 aspie years back. However I have greatly improved that's why it seems like I don't have it. But that's because it's easy to improve with it. You're thinking of another form of Autism. People with Aspergers are nowhere near mentally deficient. Again, yes I have an official diagnosis from my doctor.

Again. I just want the physical effects.

*EDIT* I don't jump to conclusions on something like this.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:33:36 PM by OoMoo »

Offline Supertoaster

• A completely superfluous bottle of cough syrup
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Only six bucks
  • Respect: +1236
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 08:53:23 PM »
The only physical one I know of is sometimes aspies have a strange walk/posture but that's it.

Offline Cariad†

• Dw i'n Barod
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 09:29:10 PM »
The only physical one I know of is sometimes aspies have a strange walk/posture but that's it.
Really? That's it? Hmm.. thought it would be maybe 2 - 3 others. Thanks for telling me this.

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 10:15:36 PM »
It affects people with average - above average intelligence. So don't say because it's autism it's a retardation.

Aspergers is by definition, a mild form of autism ._.

Offline Cariad†

• Dw i'n Barod
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 06:10:37 AM »
Aspergers is by definition, a mild form of autism ._.
... Because it's autism, you think it makes people retarded? Read a bit up on it.
I already know it is. Even Albert Einstein was thought to have had it. A person with mental retardation cannot be diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, as the diagnostic criteria specifically states that the person must have at least normal intelligence. Most people with Asperger's syndrome actually have average or above average intelligence.
Asperger's syndrome does not make people less intelligent. It mainly causes social difficulties.

But if somebody could lock this, I know it's going to turn into a War. What with people thinking it makes people Retarded, they clearly have no clue what it is.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:13:06 AM by OoMoo »