Author Topic: Lol? I think I found a way to rip off the govt owned railroad near me?  (Read 72 times)

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
DISCLAIMER: DO NOT TRY / STRICTLY EDUCATIONAL
So he railroad near me sells tickets good for a week, for 10 trips over a certain time, and month [on top of one way, round trip, etc].

At the end of the time period, I noticed - whether it be a week, month, or whatnot, people would toss aside tickets that were expired so far as usability, but could still be turned in for a refund.  Whenever one is refunded, I also learned, if credit or debit is paid, the account gets refunded - but a cheque gets sent to the redeemer if the payment was in cash.

What that means is, say somebody found a weekly worth X, paid in cash, or a monthly worth Y paid in cash, they could in theory turn it in, and get money for a ticket they never purchased - minus a refund fee [bullshit I know] - which can be $20+ for weekly tickets, $230 - $500+ for monthly tickets.

Now, I am not going to try this, tempting as it is - but it is interesting that they complain about money, but on top of not actually trimming the fat they don't find/close loopholes like this.

lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline ·UηİŦ··

• eeeeeeeeeee
  • Windows UserApple UserOld Forum MemberLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Exit left.
    • My Steam Profile
Re: Lol? I think I found a way to rip off the govt owned railroad near me?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 05:44:59 PM »
If the loophole is there, why not at least try it ._.

For the moment, it hasn't (supposedly) been found. Or recorded, except by you. Plausibly, you could do this and earn some monies, but the question arises whether or not the company will create something silly afterwards and demand you pay them the $54,000something you redeemed and spent on a brand new car.

I remember abusing a free refill at a gas station once. Then they stopped letting us do that because the entirety of the 7th grade was doing it.

But I don't know. Probably not likely they will, if you're one of the sole few making ends meet here and there with some free 'ticket cash' without raising suspicions because you've now got $500/day every other day, and you keep walking by the station with countless other scroungers.

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
Re: Lol? I think I found a way to rip off the govt owned railroad near me?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 05:50:56 PM »
If the loophole is there, why not at least try it ._.

I've been waiting to find a monthly paid in cash before trying it once.  :D

I have two weekly tickets - say we have stations X, Y, Z, one is between X and Y, and the other is between stations Y ad Z - if I redeemed both at once, i'd be plausible - assume the person started at X,had stuff to do in Y, before going to Z, and did it enough to get two weeky tickets to do it.   I'd make about $20.25 off of $40.25 worth of ticket. [subtract $10 refund fee x 2 tickets]

Problem is, do it too often and suspicion would jump.   If somebody did do this more than once, it'd have to be over a long assed period of time to throw off any potential suspicion.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 05:57:35 PM by Travelsonic »
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface: