Author Topic: Razer Blade  (Read 239 times)

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
Re: Razer Blade
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 06:59:45 PM »
Iunno. I think the nicest thing about it is how much you'll be saving on electricity. This 200watt laptop with an eight hour battery life will definitely be cheaper than your 1000watt powerhouse that you leave on nearly 24/7 anyways.

Based on the prices of the most expensive parts money can buy with the same specs:

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz -  63$
500GB 7200RPM HDD - 200$
Intel® HM77 Express Chipset - 50$
64GB SATA III SSD - $100
Dataplex™ Software - $120
 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660M 2GB GDDR5 - 230$
1x Integrated Bluetooth® 4.0 - $40
1x Integrated Intel Wi-Fi 802.11 A/G/N - $80
 Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - $110
I7 Quad core = 330$

= $1323 dollars

Keyboard + speakers + webcam + trackpad + screen + 60Wh battery = $900 dollars.

Not realistic, but hey.

That comes to a grand total of 2223 Dollars. And this is all in Canadian prices, which is almost always higher than their American counterparts, and this is assuming that all the parts in the Razer are the best money can buy, AND, assuming that it takes 900 dollars to put in keyboards, speakers, webcam, trackpad, screen, etc, which isn't possible.

tl;dr, Horribly overpriced, and I doubt it would have parts of the same quality as I listed

Edit:

Pros:

-Mobile
-Small, maneuverable
-Less power
-Easier to buy

Cons

-Expensive to repair/replace parts
-Very little room for upgrades
-Generally more expensive than if you were to buy the parts separately

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:10:15 PM by Rocket50 »

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 09:02:31 PM »
-Generally more expensive than if you were to buy the parts separately

But you can't put desktop hardware in laptops.

The hardwares more expensive becuase it's a fraction of the size, uses less energy, yet outputs just as much power as it's desktop counterparts.

It's not overpriced. A desktop would be cheaper, but then you'd be dealing with the fact that anytime you'd want to move it, you'd have to lug around a 40-50 pound brick, and cables. Cables everywhere.

And back to the power consumption thing, it's just like energy saving lightbulbs or low-water use toilets. They're more expensive than their less efficient counterparts, but in the long run, you'll save more from energy use.

I'm not saying that you should all go get gaming laptops or anything, but don't be jumping on the elitist bandwagon and saying it's overpriced and shit, when it's fairly cheap in comparison to similar builds on the market (and even then, they lack a lot of features that this laptop does).

tl;dr, it'd be a smart buy. Cut the DESKTOP MASTER RACE shit.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:04:58 PM by Death M.D. »

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
  • Respect: +338
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 09:10:12 PM »

The hardwares more expensive becuase it's a fraction of the size, uses less energy, yet outputs just as much power as it's desktop counterparts.

It's not overpriced. A desktop would be cheaper, but then you'd be dealing with the fact that anytime you'd want to move it, you'd have to lug around a 40-50 pound brick, and cables. Cables everywhere.

And back to the power consumption thing, it's just like energy saving lightbulbs or low-water use toilets. They're more expensive than their less efficient counterparts, but in the long run, you'll save more from energy use.

I'm not saying that you should all go get gaming laptops or anything, but don't be jumping on the elitist bandwagon and saying it's overpriced and shit, when it's fairly cheap in comparison to similar builds on the market (and even then, they lack a lot of features that this laptop does).

i was about to ask if its worth it lol....
Interesting, i really like that video thing in the keyboard....
I can probably save up this much

in a year

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline Supertoaster

• A completely superfluous bottle of cough syrup
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Only six bucks
  • Respect: +1236
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 09:11:02 PM »
neither are supreme to eachother

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +1915
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 09:35:23 PM »
things
The problem is that you don't need to spend 2k on a 'gaming' laptop. My laptop that cost me about 500 dollars can run L4D2, LoL, GMod, Fallout: NV, most likely CS:GO (haven't played it on it), etc.

My point is that you don't need to spend a fucking arm and a leg for a 'gaming' laptop when you can get one with decent specs for less than a thousand dollars. You'd be wasting your money.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 09:56:21 PM »

Everything you save from the supposedly lower power usage is negated by the higher repair/replace cost as well as the fact that if you want a better computer, you have to throw away your entire system now to buy a new one.

The laptop vs. PC thing comes down to three things:

1. Convenience for purchase and to take care of at the cost of paying extra money

2. Mobility

3. Mod-ability/upgrade potential

Are you willing to spend extra dosh for convenience and mobo-locked hardware that comes with prebuild machines, or get an equally powerful one for less, however more of a pain in the ass.

And it isnt a master race shit, we're having a discussion on the pros and cons of a prebuilt laptop to a custom PC
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 10:02:02 PM by Rocket50 »

Offline pingaz

• Respect: +2
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 11:08:14 AM »
when this vid started and I saw the Asian guy and the epic music... "shit just got real"

got me thinking, being that small... what is cooling it?? prolly turn it on for 5 sec and it melts through your lap.

Offline Viole

• Windows UserLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• o_o
  • Respect: +80
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 07:06:41 AM »
case mod desktop parts into a suitcase with screen on top. Then bring a smallish mouse with a rollup keyboard.  ;D