Author Topic: Bring back the old karma system!  (Read 224 times)

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
Bring back the old karma system!
« on: September 09, 2012, 12:32:49 PM »
+3
Pretty much what the title says, a lot of us miss the old karma system, the one that punished you for being retarded. Now it just feels like all the other servers and people don't think twice before shooting...

So who's with me? I miss losing 300 karma for killing an inno. lol
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerCat LoverDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• the power of the scout's code
  • Respect: +256
Re: Bring back the old karma system!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 03:56:37 PM »
+2
Pretty much what the title says, a lot of us miss the old karma system, the one that punished you for being retarded. Now it just feels like all the other servers and people don't think twice before shooting...

So who's with me? I miss losing 300 karma for killing an inno. lol
Instead of posting a new thread on a topic that has 5+ threads, post in one of those instead.
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 05:39:21 PM »
Uh there were not 5+ at all(unless you were counting ones from years ago)

There was only ONE, and it was in requests and it was about changing the old karma system and I(this thread) was suggesting to change it back/alter it.

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 05:45:41 PM »

It doesn't just punish retards though, it punishes people who don't act retarded - an those who kill RDMers, it was simply a bit too retarded.  Note now how people who excessively RDM STILL get their karma fucked hard - case in point, this one on last night - forgot who ATM - who migrated here after being banned from NeXuS for being an RDMing fuckfag. [which I only know since I was there when he got banned here, and here when he was RDMing,then left.].  After a couple of rounds, he was like a gnat at most.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:29:48 PM by Travelsonic »
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 06:25:30 PM »
It doesn't just punish retards though, it punishes people who don't act retarded - an those who kill RDMers, it was simply a bit too retarded.  Note now how people who excessively RDM STILL get their karma fucked hard - case in point, this one on last night - forgot who ATM - who migrated here after being banned from NeXuS for being an RDMing fuckfag. [which I only know since I was there when he got banned here, and here when he was RDMing,then left.].

"It doesn't just punish retards though, it punishes people who don't act retarded - an those who kill RDMers, it was simply a bit too retarded.  " But this one also seems a bit retarded.
Last night, I got RDMed 1 or 2 times (different people and I believe 1 of them was first blood to) they lost like 50 karma each.

And I killed an inno and I lost like 100+ (and I'm pretty sure he even killed an inno/hurt an inno). And I already see that people are becoming a lot less cautious when killing people because karma isn't as harsh anymore...

I(and others) miss the harsh karma because it encouraged people to not shoot first and ask questions later. :p

(and now 1000 karma isn't special anymore  :( )

Offline Apie2

• WAAAAZAAHHHH, You can eat me O_o
  • Respect: +821
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 09:11:20 AM »
._.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 10:36:50 AM »
._.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But the update only came out like a week ago... is there something I've been missing?  :'(

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 10:49:42 AM »
uhh.. there weren't like a lot of suggestions to change the karma system before?

and now that it changed still there are a lot of suggestions.

In my opinion, the karma loss was OK, it made you think before you shot... but what was wrong was to kill someone who killed 2 innocents and still lose a lot of karma.

still think that doing it something like

Normal karma lose
        1 x N

(where N is the number of teamkills the guy did) is OK.

sadly, i know almost nothing about programing... so i don't know if this is viable.

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 03:41:57 PM »
uhh.. there weren't like a lot of suggestions to change the karma system before?

and now that it changed still there are a lot of suggestions.

In my opinion, the karma loss was OK, it made you think before you shot... but what was wrong was to kill someone who killed 2 innocents and still lose a lot of karma.

still think that doing it something like

Normal karma lose
        1 x N

(where N is the number of teamkills the guy did) is OK.

sadly, i know almost nothing about programing... so i don't know if this is viable.

EASILY doable.

Though I like this idea:

Keep a flag in the player lua script - if the person teamkills, set it to 1.  When you kills him, and the killer is on the same team, check that variable - if it is set to 1, you lose no karma at all.  The flag resets next round.

Simple, and it allows for strict assed karma while people who kill rdmers get no punishment out of it.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 07:44:11 AM »
i don't like that... because if someone makes a mistake they would get RDMed with no punishment at all.

also idk if things are viable or not because i have only programmed on windows visual basic.

lol

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 07:56:55 PM »
I have yet to truly test out the new karma system lately, but here is a variant of an idea I've been pitching:

If player NUB(Inno) kills two or more Innocents then the karma lost for killing him is decreased by 1/3rd.
If he kills two Innocents and one Traitor the karma lost by killing him is decreased by 1/5th.

If he kills three Innocents then the karma lost for killing him is decreased by 2/3rds.
If kills three Innocents and one Traitor the karma lost is decreased by 1/3rd. If he kills two Traitors then the karma lost is decreased by 1/5th.

Stuff like that, I think you get my drift. The more Innocents killed (starting at 2, 3 might work better because it's less likely to be an accident) the less karma his killer looses regardless of that player's true karma.
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
  • Respect: +546
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 10:42:10 PM »
+1
I have yet to truly test out the new karma system lately, but here is a variant of an idea I've been pitching:

If player NUB(Inno) kills two or more Innocents then the karma lost for killing him is decreased by 1/3rd.
If he kills two Innocents and one Traitor the karma lost by killing him is decreased by 1/5th.

If he kills three Innocents then the karma lost for killing him is decreased by 2/3rds.
If kills three Innocents and one Traitor the karma lost is decreased by 1/3rd. If he kills two Traitors then the karma lost is decreased by 1/5th.

Stuff like that, I think you get my drift. The more Innocents killed (starting at 2, 3 might work better because it's less likely to be an accident) the less karma his killer looses regardless of that player's true karma.
What if he kills 4 innos, 2 traitors, both detectives, a dog, young kitten, and a partridge in a pear tree?

How much now?

Offline Apie2

• WAAAAZAAHHHH, You can eat me O_o
  • Respect: +821
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 11:33:30 PM »
What if he kills 4 innos, 2 traitors, both detectives, a dog, young kitten, and a partridge in a pear tree?

How much now?
Depends if the pear tree from the partridge is innocent or a traitor.

Offline Essex

• Respect: +6
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 06:01:44 AM »
The new karma system is random some guy who was inno shot me 2 times with a deagle only taking 15hp to lose 400 karma and then rdmers start comming so i go to kill them i lose 100 which is acceptable

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 03:27:38 PM »
How about instead of starting players off at 880 karma, give them 550 and let them work it up from there so a random dipshit cant just join and rdm everyone