Author Topic: Something hit Jupiter. Yesterday(SEP/10/12).  (Read 135 times)

Offline Cariad†

• Dw i'n Barod
  • Respect: +125
Something hit Jupiter. Yesterday(SEP/10/12).
« on: September 11, 2012, 07:23:05 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32015814/ns/technology_and_science-space/#.UE_wkFFQi4Y

I was browsing along Google for some things about Jupiter(I love Astronomy) and I came up on this. I thought it was fake but then my friend, Rachael, told me that
she saw this on TV yesterday. I was thinking(Mind you I don't believe in this) If there was a Nibiru. That would be it.

But does anybody have an Idea what would do that? An explosion that size means the object is near it's size. Maybe around Earth's size.

There was no record of anything that could have come too close to it. Maybe it was something from the Kuiper belt? Or one of Jupiter's(many) moons?

Jupiter has HUGE gravity. Enough to pull Meteors from earth and towards it. If it wasn't for it we would be hit every 10,000 years instead of... How often do we get hit by Meteors?
About me saying "Nibiru". No, It's nonsense.  That was just for people who thought that Nibiru was real.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm unsure where to put this.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 07:25:06 PM by Cariad »

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
Re: Something hit Jupiter. Yesterday(SEP/10/12).
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 08:41:36 PM »
+3

Anyways, sounds pretty interesting.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline ·UηİŦ··

• eeeeeeeeeee
  • Windows UserApple UserOld Forum MemberLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Exit left.
  • Respect: +389
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 03:21:52 AM »
Maybe whatever probe they sent to Jupiter has been crushed/exposed to the Jovian elements for so long, the intense gravity and terminal-behemoth storms on/in Jupiter caused an anomaly/imbalance of the chemistry of Jupiter due to the 'alien' (yet still probably present on said gas giant) metals/pancake'd tech being swirled around in the atmosphere at 1 billion G-forces, or the techmetals are on the giant rocky crystalline super-pressurized surface, and it 'oscillated funny' or some superlightning hit it and suddenly PEW.

And it lit up the atmosphere or something. Or something exploded and fell right back to the 'surface' at mach 100 because something just happened to be there at the right time... that shouldn't have naturally been there. Like space rocks.

Maybe Jupiter has some backwards-ass geology going on under all that ammonia we'll probably never know about, and it just happened to make itself visible.

Maybe the Doctor landed the TARDIS on Jupiter.

Or it could be Nibiru or some aliens or whatever.

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 08:04:01 AM »
Maybe whatever probe they sent to Jupiter has been crushed/exposed to the Jovian elements for so long, the intense gravity and terminal-behemoth storms on/in Jupiter caused an anomaly/imbalance of the chemistry of Jupiter due to the 'alien' (yet still probably present on said gas giant) metals/pancake'd tech being swirled around in the atmosphere at 1 billion G-forces, or the techmetals are on the giant rocky crystalline super-pressurized surface, and it 'oscillated funny' or some superlightning hit it and suddenly PEW.

And it lit up the atmosphere or something. Or something exploded and fell right back to the 'surface' at mach 100 because something just happened to be there at the right time... that shouldn't have naturally been there. Like space rocks.

Maybe Jupiter has some backwards-ass geology going on under all that ammonia we'll probably never know about, and it just happened to make itself visible.

Maybe the Doctor landed the TARDIS on Jupiter.

Or it could be Nibiru or some aliens or whatever.

It was actually the fragments of a comet

Offline Cariad†

• Dw i'n Barod
  • Respect: +125
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 08:29:38 AM »
It was actually the fragments of a comet

If it was a comet and if Jupiter missed it, Earth might have been hit.

It has hundreds of things floating around it. Probably one its stray moons or something.

Offline Tezuni

• Respect: +162
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 01:09:11 AM »
guys, it was a monolith....duh