Author Topic: Any good gaming headPHONES?  (Read 102 times)

Offline ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ

• Windows UserLinux UserCat LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +379
Any good gaming headPHONES?
« on: September 10, 2012, 04:08:53 AM »
HeadPHONES, not headsets, I have a desktop mic and as many of you know (by many I mean the people who seen my computer thread.) that I'm building a computer, I'm on a budget and I'm going to fork out a bit of money on my computer all together, but I need to know what headphones I can have that are cheap, good comfort, sound quality, and will last me for quite a while, because I have the habit of breaking headphones and headsets.
So I need help, I'm pretty much new to this and I've seen TaNkBuStEr's thread and that didn't help me much because most of them were headsets.
I'd really like help from you guys, Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 04:10:44 AM by Ϝuzsioᴎ »

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
  • Respect: +158
Re: Any good gaming headPHONES?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 05:29:05 AM »
What about having a headset and not using the microphone?
Also, what's your price range?
I've heard good from the Pantronics Gamecom 777, that has a microphone which can be folded inside the headset itself, so it won't really bother you.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:31:54 AM by Samo »

Offline ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ

View More Badges!

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 05:40:13 AM »
What about having a headset and not using the microphone?
I prefer desktop mics because headsets do not like me, or I don't like headsets because I break them easy.
But my price range is $50 maximum. The reason I prefer desktop mics are because of the better sound quality and they don't break too easily.

Offline Supertoaster

• A completely superfluous bottle of cough syrup
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Only six bucks
  • Respect: +1236
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 07:41:28 AM »
I prefer desktop mics because headsets do not like me, or I don't like headsets because I break them easy.
But my price range is $50 maximum. The reason I prefer desktop mics are because of the better sound quality and they don't break too easily.
Audio Texhnia AD700. Comfortable, built good, amazing for gaming. Very bass light.

Offline ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ

View More Badges!

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 07:46:03 AM »
Audio Texhnia AD700. Comfortable, built good, amazing for gaming. Very bass light.
I was hoping you would post. you seem to know alot about headphones, but its $80-$100 x_x

Offline Supertoaster

• Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Only six bucks
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 08:01:12 AM »
I was hoping you would post. you seem to know alot about headphones, but its $80-$100 x_x
AKG 240 maybe. Make sure youre notvlooking at the AKG 240 MII which is more expensive.

Offline ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ

View More Badges!

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 08:03:31 AM »
AKG 240 maybe. Make sure youre notvlooking at the AKG 240 MII which is more expensive.
After doing some research about headphones, I found this, it's in my price range and I heard its very good.
http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8
Thoughts?

Offline Supertoaster

• Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Only six bucks
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 05:04:14 PM »
After doing some research about headphones, I found this, it's in my price range and I heard its very good.
http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8
Thoughts?
Oh yeah, I forgot about those. They are really nice. I had the Superlux HD681 which is the little cousin of it.

It's a little harsh sounding sometimes and it has some sibilance and has too much high frequency, but you can EQ this down and you might not even be sensitive to it. It's very balanced.

The biggest issue is comfort, the pads get hot and sticky and they clamp very hard at first.