Author Topic: WHY DONT WE HAVE THIS YET!!  (Read 74 times)

Offline Nemisous

• you're all puppets tangled in strings.
  • I have no strings on me
  • Respect: +258
WHY DONT WE HAVE THIS YET!!
« on: September 01, 2012, 09:18:13 PM »
I mean really this seems like a pretty good idea to have a stabilized machine gun platform, thank you Aliens for giving us this really cool gun, the M56 smart gun everyone.
Marine with M56 smart gun
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:39:27 PM by Nemisous »

Offline Cariad†

• Dw i'n Barod
  • Respect: +125
Re: WHY DONT WE HAVE THIS YET!!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 10:08:29 PM »
+1
Name your price...

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 10:09:11 PM »
+1
Because tons of moving parts easily get dirty and jammed in the field, hard to repair, and as well probably because firing from the hip with an LMG is horribly inaccurate, not to mention that soldiers dont just stand all the time, they need to get prone or crouch in an instant and the contraption looks like it inhibits movement
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:14:46 PM by Rocket50 »

Offline Nemisous

• you're all puppets tangled in strings.
  • I have no strings on me
  • Respect: +258
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 10:22:33 PM »
Because tons of moving parts easily get dirty and jammed in the field, hard to repair, and as well probably because firing from the hip with an LMG is horribly inaccurate, not to mention that soldiers dont just stand all the time, they need to get prone or crouch in an instant and the contraption looks like it inhibits movement

well going off of the aliens movies and games, the smart gun locks onto its target via helmet visor, and it fires caseless ammunition, so less recoil. I can see what you mean about dirt, but as long as its cleaned it will work fine, most gun malfunctions are due to negligence. But I don't mean for this to be the weapon to replace all LMG's just simply a weapon for special forces for CQB. As it has no problem maneuvering around tight corridors and firing around them either, as shown in the movies and games and the video above.

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
  • Linux UserWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
  • Respect: +331
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 10:23:21 PM »
+2

But more importantly, its cool.
Code: [Select]
for(;;) procrastinate = !procrastinate;Damn emoticons