Author Topic: Guild wars 2  (Read 127 times)

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
Guild wars 2
« on: September 01, 2012, 04:14:44 AM »
Did any of you here buy Guild Wars 2? If so, was it good and would you recommend it to me?

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
Re: Guild wars 2
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 04:55:53 AM »
I haven't gotten it /yet/, I'm waiting until after I get sick of Borderlands 2 before I invest my time in it.

As someone who doesn't like MMO's, I'm pretty excited for Guild Wars 2. Unlike conventional MMO's, it's more focused around combat and actual battles, and not so much on grinding and pay-to-play bullshit. It's not like WoW where you're going to spend hours cutting down trees just to get some little income, nor are the battles so boring that all you're going to be doing is clicking some random character and casting spells.

10 minutes of Guild Wars 2 combat

That's probably what I like about it. There's a lot of maneuverability that you just don't get in a traditional MMO, and combat is very group-oriented, so lone wolfing isn't as beneficial as running around with a friend or two.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Viole

• Windows UserLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• o_o
  • Respect: +80
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 12:33:18 PM »
My friend was in the beta and said he loved it. He also said it was uber awesome

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 04:50:02 PM »
I bought it today and I am going to install it soon.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 07:28:17 PM »
I haven't gotten it /yet/, I'm waiting until after I get sick of Borderlands 2 before I invest my time in it.

As someone who doesn't like MMO's, I'm pretty excited for Guild Wars 2. Unlike conventional MMO's, it's more focused around combat and actual battles, and not so much on grinding and pay-to-play bullshit. It's not like WoW where you're going to spend hours cutting down trees just to get some little income, nor are the battles so boring that all you're going to be doing is clicking some random character and casting spells.

what seriously

holy fucking shit brb buying this
Miami's Finest

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 10:55:43 PM »
I've been playing it for a couple of hours, and I really like it. It has wayyy  more of an adventurous feel to it than just your normal rpg grinding mmo. It's not grinding based at all, which makes it much more fun to play in my opinion, and not so tedious. I also like how you don't have to be in peoples parties to help them fight monsters, and you still get exp and items afterwards. I personally believe the only problem I have is the party map system. If you are even just a bit away from your party members, they no longer appear on your map and you can't see their stats or anything, I find that to be inconvenient. Other than that it's very good so far.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Moo

• Respect: +413
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 02:40:24 PM »
+1
i picked up gw2, games fun... doesnt play like an mmo

if anyone sees this and wants to play, im on darkhaven server
would be cool to put together a guild and start pvp or some shit