Author Topic: Polices shot man over 40 times.  (Read 198 times)

Offline Nemisous

• you're all puppets tangled in strings.
  • I have no strings on me
  • Respect: +258
Polices shot man over 40 times.
« on: August 18, 2012, 11:20:45 AM »
Video curacy of TYT
Police Shoot Man Over 40 Times (Video)
[Discussion time ]
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/16/us/michigan-police-shooting/index.html
Three days before Independence Day, Milton Hall died in a fusillade of police gunfire outside a strip mall. He had been arguing with officers in a parking lot next to a shuttered Chinese restaurant when he was shot, in full view of passing motorists and while he was holding some sort of knife. Saginaw County Prosecutor Michael Thomas said later that the squad of police confronting him opened fire "because apparently, at this point in time, he was threatening to assault police.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:23:18 AM by Nemisous »

Offline ᇇ Orange™

• Respect: +2
Re: Polices shot man over 40 times.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 12:07:59 PM »
I think it was unnecessary to shoot him 40 times. Seriously all he had was a knife in his hand they could have tazed him or something.
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 190
Images in your signature must be no greater than 640x480 pixels

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 12:13:37 PM »
>told by police to put knife down
>obviously not scared by the six cops pointing guns at him, or the police dog
>actually makes a movement
>while brandishing a knife
>in front of six cops

Serves him right, although they should've hesitated a little because all he took was a few steps back.
Miami's Finest

Offline Nemisous

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 12:19:38 PM »
>in front of six cops

Serves him right, although they should've hesitated a little because all he took was a few steps back.

46 times that means every cop fired about 7-8 shots., one bullet would have been sufficient, or even tazer him.

Offline Seb

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 12:24:40 PM »
46 times that means every cop fired about 7-8 shots., one bullet would have been sufficient, or even tazer him.

There are many cases of people surviving more shots than that. Plus, if you think somebody's about to go at you with a knife, wouldn't you want to MAKE SURE he/she isn't a threat anymore?
Miami's Finest

Offline Nemisous

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 12:30:44 PM »
There are many cases of people surviving more shots than that. Plus, if you think somebody's about to go at you with a knife, wouldn't you want to MAKE SURE he/she isn't a threat anymore?

I'm pretty sure after one bullet they aren't gonna get back up, and as the video shows they even shot him when he was already on the ground. this is called overkill.

Offline Seb

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 01:17:07 PM »
I'm pretty sure after one bullet they aren't gonna get back up, and as the video shows they even shot him when he was already on the ground. this is called overkill.

I'm not saying it isn't overkill, but by the time he was on the ground he probably had a good twenty rounds in it.
Miami's Finest

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 03:10:46 PM »
>in front of six cops

He was mentally ill clearly... Though it's obviously not smart what he did, many people have severe issues and poor judgement like he clearly had. I don't think he would have attacked the police, I don't think he deserved to be killed, and definitely not to have his body degraded by 40 bullets. I simply don't think his life had to be taken in that case.
Also you don't need to kill someone to remove the threat...
I'd like to see what you'd be saying right now if the man shot in the video were someone you'd known, a family member maybe. It's like you don't stop to think that it's a human being and not only him but many people are effected by him being killed and by the way he was killed. It simply wasn't necessary.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Supertoaster

• A completely superfluous bottle of cough syrup
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Only six bucks
  • Respect: +1236
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 05:13:42 PM »
maybe he was on PCP or some shit? I heard it makes people like a tank

Offline semy32

• Respect: +72
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 05:22:34 PM »
I'd like to see what you'd be saying right now if the man shot in the video were someone you'd known, a family member maybe. It's like you don't stop to think that it's a human being and not only him but many people are effected by him being killed and by the way he was killed. It simply wasn't necessary.

I'd not make a fuss even if it is someone I know. If someone I know is this stupid then it serves him right.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:18:54 PM by semy32 »

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 05:51:59 PM »
With all the tazer buisiness... cops of their rank don't have the right to carry tazers, though they can have spray, which in that case they could have sprayed him down.

With 7-8 shots taken by each, you'd think they enjoyed it. A shot to the arm/leg would have done the trick if anything.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 05:54:42 PM »
I'd make a fuss even if it is someone I know. If someone I know is this stupid then it serves him right.
Does mental illness not mean anything to you?
This guy was having problems clearly and was mentioned in the news video, he simply wasn't in his right mind obviously and his family should have really done something about that. So really I don't blame him.
You guys should really try not to be so heartless and think a little past what you're seeing sometimes though. Just saying, this shit really annoys me.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Nemisous

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 09:52:19 PM »
A cop using his or her gun is always reserved as a last resort and should be done with skill and precession, you never shoot to kill unless you have to.  None of this was the case here, they pretty much dumped all their rounds into him even when he was on the ground.  I think this was more or less an excuse to shoot their guns and feel important like in the movies.

Offline Tezuni

• Respect: +162
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 01:17:12 AM »
I don't think any of you can accurately put yourself in their shoes.  There's just too many variables, you never know what you'd have done.