Author Topic: Really Hollywood?  (Read 61 times)

Offline Cariad†

• Dw i'n Barod
  • Respect: +125
Really Hollywood?
« on: August 15, 2012, 08:43:28 PM »
I saw this video and thought: If people in the movie making business spend lots of money to make epic effects... then how does this guy do it on a limb?

Star Trek vs BSG

« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:12:16 PM by Cariad »

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
Re: Special effects are NOT expensive.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:28:19 PM »
Perhaps he is one of those people that 'holywood' hires to do the special effects. He could have made this video not only for personal reasons but to show off his skill and get a job.

It's a shame that I'm getting such low FPS on this computer and can't even run it at 480p.

I also fine it very refreshing to see a user with Zero reputation.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:50:04 PM by Eion Kilant 739 »
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
Re: Special effects are NOT expensive.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 09:40:43 PM »
Most modern special effects include meticulously simulated physics interactions. Have you ever watched Transformers? Watch some of the cuts that show what's actually real. The kind of hardware required to render hours of that material costs tens of thousands of dollars, not to mention the money to hire people who have poured additional tens of thousands of dollars into college educations that instruct them how to use that hardware.

All in all, it adds up to millions of dollars.

However, if you're one of those people who happens to have one of those very intensive educations, you can make that kind of bullshit in your spare time.