Author Topic: Recent VIP apps.  (Read 78 times)

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
Recent VIP apps.
« on: August 23, 2012, 02:59:39 AM »
Well, I think having a thread where we can discuss some of the VIP apps would be kind of nice, so. Yeah.

Current applicants are (Fuck you Sabb, these are murrika' servers, so we'll use the murrika date format.)

Loke 8/8/12 (Currently: -5)
Lazer Blade 8/8/12 (Currently: +9)
Excalipoor 8/9/12 (Currently: -3)
Hideo 8/10/12 (Currently: +1)
Pilot 8/11/12 (Currently: +1/-2)
Shockah 8/12/12 (Currently: +9)
Lavenchie 8/15/12 (Currently: +3)
Foofoojack 8/18/12 (Currently: +1)

Aside from Foofoo, all of the apps have been up for a week.

Based on the votes and opinions, here's what I think the final verdicts should be SO FAR (unbiased).

Loke - Denied
Lazer Blade - Approved
Excalipoor - Denied
Hideo - Denied
Pilot - Denied
Shockah - Approved
Lavenchie - Denied

Now, as for my personal opinion, I agree with all of them except for Lavenchie. I personally do trust him a lot, and don't think he'd fail as a VIP.

Other thoughts on candidates/votes thus far?

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

Re: Recent VIP apps.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 10:43:01 AM »
Lavenchie I really don't know. He's not a bad guy but he can be pretty annoying and immature at times. That's basically the only thing I know of him. I don't really know how he would deal with situations or anything. So I'm not totally opposed to him but I'd really kind of rather he didn't get promoted. If he did it wouldn't be a big deal though.
Now I agree with the list though. Except I really do hope Foofoojack gets promoted as well. He's quite smart, level-headed, good at dealing with situations/problem solving, friendly, just overall a really great candidate for VIP. If he were VIP currently I would actually be suggesting that he be promoted to admin but I don't think people are too fond of people skipping ranks like that.

Oh but also, coolz isn't really looking for a certain amount of +1's. He's just looking more or less at everyone's general opinion of them and approving once he's convinced they should be, or denying when he's convinced they shouldn't. Just wanted to point that out because I'm not totally sure if you're quite aware of that.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 10:57:07 AM »
Lavenchie I really don't know. He's not a bad guy but he can be pretty annoying and immature at times. That's basically the only thing I know of him. I don't really know how he would deal with situations or anything. So I'm not totally opposed to him but I'd really kind of rather he didn't get promoted. If he did it wouldn't be a big deal though.
Now I agree with the list though. Except I really do hope Foofoojack gets promoted as well. He's quite smart, level-headed, good at dealing with situations/problem solving, friendly, just overall a really great candidate for VIP. If he were VIP currently I would actually be suggesting that he be promoted to admin but I don't think people are too fond of people skipping ranks like that.

Oh but also, coolz isn't really looking for a certain amount of +1's. He's just looking more or less at everyone's general opinion of them and approving once he's convinced they should be, or denying when he's convinced they shouldn't. Just wanted to point that out because I'm not totally sure if you're quite aware of that.

Really, everything that I've seen of foofoo, he's been abrasive, quick to judge, and just likes to be an asshole to people. ._.

And yeah, I know, but it still matters if only two people +1 an app, and nine people +1 the app.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 11:11:44 AM »
Really, everything that I've seen of foofoo, he's been abrasive, quick to judge, and just likes to be an asshole to people. ._.

And yeah, I know, but it still matters if only two people +1 an app, and nine people +1 the app.
I've never seen Foofoojack ever, and I mean EVER act poorly. The only situation with him that I can think of which didn't satisfy me was about a year ago I believe when I -1'd his VIP application and he basically flipped shit and tried to argue with me and stupid shit like that. I really don't know what happened then because even at that time I thought he was cool, but I'm certain he's different than that now. I've also never really seen him act like an asshole to people. He's usually pretty friendly from what I see. You might just need to get to know him more idk. I find it kind of unlikely that he acts so significantly different around other people. But lets say he is an asshole to people. gamefreak is also a total ass to basically everyone, doesn't really matter who, but I'm pretty certain you favour him as VIP. I do too honestly but I don't see how you can really complain about Foofoo being an asshole and not wanting him promoted due to that when one of your friends does the same. Unless Foofoo is just ridiculously bad I guess, but again I don't see that.
Also, if you can think of a situation where you think he was quick to judge or abrasive that would probably help. I can think of plenty of situations where he's done the total opposite. Usually when I'm in-game with him I notice that someone may seem sort of suspicious with possibly hacking usually with wallhacks and everyone in-game will be complaining saying that the player is hacking when we really don't know yet. Then I'll ask Foofoo about it and he usually simply says something along the lines of "I'm not really sure but I'll keep watching him." That happens quite a lot too because he's in-game with me a decent amount or at least was and I often go afk so I'm not entirely sure of the situation. And in those situations I've often seen other people such as VIPs including Shockah jump to conclusions about hacking when it often turns out that they're actually not. I'm not saying Shockah would act on that assumption right away at all, but I'm even more convinced that Foofoo wouldn't.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 11:21:06 AM »
I've never seen Foofoojack ever, and I mean EVER act poorly. The only situation with him that I can think of which didn't satisfy me was about a year ago I believe when I -1'd his VIP application and he basically flipped shit and tried to argue with me and stupid shit like that. I really don't know what happened then because even at that time I thought he was cool, but I'm certain he's different than that now. I've also never really seen him act like an asshole to people. He's usually pretty friendly from what I see. You might just need to get to know him more idk. I find it kind of unlikely that he acts so significantly different around other people. But lets say he is an asshole to people. gamefreak is also a total ass to basically everyone, doesn't really matter who, but I'm pretty certain you favour him as VIP. I do too honestly but I don't see how you can really complain about Foofoo being an asshole and not wanting him promoted due to that when one of your friends does the same. Unless Foofoo is just ridiculously bad I guess, but again I don't see that.
Also, if you can think of a situation where you think he was quick to judge or abrasive that would probably help. I can think of plenty of situations where he's done the total opposite. Usually when I'm in-game with him I notice that someone may seem sort of suspicious with possibly hacking usually with wallhacks and everyone in-game will be complaining saying that the player is hacking when we really don't know yet. Then I'll ask Foofoo about it and he usually simply says something along the lines of "I'm not really sure but I'll keep watching him." That happens quite a lot too because he's in-game with me a decent amount or at least was and I often go afk so I'm not entirely sure of the situation. And in those situations I've often seen other people such as VIPs including Shockah jump to conclusions about hacking when it often turns out that they're actually not. I'm not saying Shockah would act on that assumption right away at all, but I'm even more convinced that Foofoo wouldn't.

Give me a few weeks to get some good screenshots.

Foofoo likes to burst on people and starts flipping shits over literally the smallest things.

And about gamefreak,

Gamefreaks a different case. He's not really an asshole, he just really doesn't give a fuck about what anyone thinks.

That's a good thing, since he usually brings up issues and problems that everyones too afraid or doesn't really want to discuss when they need to be. He also doesn't have a problem going in-depth and explaining his reasoning behind it, something I don't see many other people doing either.

Anyways, it's my naptime. I haven't slept since yesterday, so I'll probably crash in a few minutes, so prepare for an extremely delayed reply.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 11:24:09 AM by Death M.D. »

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 11:29:15 AM »
Give me a few weeks to get some good screenshots.

Foofoo likes to burst on people and starts flipping shits over literally the smallest things.

And about gamefreak,

Gamefreaks a different case. He's not really an asshole, he just really doesn't give a fuck about what anyone thinks.

That's a good thing, since he usually brings up issues and problems that everyones too afraid or doesn't really want to discuss when they need to be. He also doesn't have a problem going in-depth and explaining his reasoning behind it, something I don't see many other people doing either.

Anyways, it's my naptime. I haven't slept since yesterday, so I'll probably crash in a few minutes, so prepare for an extremely delayed reply.
Alright. If you can actually get solid proof to suggest the things you said I'd be completely fine with that.
But gamefreak is just a total ass that's undeniable lol. You are right though. That can help sometimes but he often just outright insults anyone including his friends, but I don't really want to go into a discussion about gamefreak. I don't have any problem with him being VIP. I was just trying to compare him and Foofoo.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 06:12:28 AM »
Right, so do we agree that Lazer and Shockah should be promoted?

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 03:26:49 PM »
Right, so do we agree that Lazer and Shockah should be promoted?
Have been.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 05:53:12 PM »
Lavenchie has a good number of +1'ns now.

Can we approve him now? :>

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 01:02:30 AM »
Lavenchie has a good number of +1'ns now.

Can we approve him now? :>

idk.... I want to see at least sabb's opinion.
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt