Author Topic: [PLEASE READ] VIP Promotions  (Read 471 times)

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
[PLEASE READ] VIP Promotions
« on: August 08, 2012, 01:34:45 PM »
Update: To make application processing smoother please include the date in the application title (the Subject of the post) Example:
Subject: THEIR NAME's VIP Application: DD/MM/YYYY
like...
Subject: coolzeldad's VIP Application: 14/03/2013

*Note: If you were promoted on the temp servers, I would still like you to post an application for consideration here as I am not transitioning any rank changes from the temp servers.

Hey guys, I want to try a new system for the VIP promotions.

There weren't many VIP's promoted.. as its a pretty influential rank within the servers.

I don't think this system will impact that in anyway... but I think it might give a chance to members who could actually use the rank... and stand the test of time.

Anyway, onto the system!

The approval process will require a few different steps... *NOTE: This will require you to have familiarity with the majority of VIPs and at least some Admins for you to have any chance of approval!

1. Create your application!

The application should be like before, here's a great example by Don:

Code: [Select]
[size=18pt][color=blue]<Name>'s VIP Application[/color][/size]

[color=blue]Name[/color]:
[Your REAL name. Not in-game name.

[color=blue]Age[/color]:
[Your age, including birthday. If you don't want to provide this, remove this part.]

[color=blue]In RND since:[/color]
[Your sign-up date here. Don't lie on this one like most others do. Be honest. Everyone likes honesty.]

[color=blue]Times online:[/color]
[Insert the time you're online here. DON'T lie on this number - it's important.]

[color=blue]Time Zone:[/color]
[Your time zone]
TIME ZONES FOR MOST PEOPLE:
USA: GMT -8
UK: GMT+0
EU, SWITZERLAND AND SCANDINAVIA, NOT INCLUDING RUSSIA, UKRAINE AND POLAND: GMT+1
RUSSIA, POLAND, UKRAINE, REST OF COUNTRIES THAT WERE IN THE PREVIOUS SOVIET UNION: GMT+2

[color=blue]Servers I mostly play on[/color]:
[Insert the servers you play on here, in order from the one you play on the most to the one you play on the fewest. Don't forget to insert a stupid joke to Plain Build, otherwise it doesn't look cool. Servers are Trouble in Terrorist Town, Flood, Zombie Survival, Plain Build, Wire Build, Rotation, Fretta.]

[color=blue]Steam Name:[/color]
[Your Steam name with Link to profile here, as well as Steam ID]

[color=blue]Why I should be VIP:[/color]
1. I was never reported as an Abuser or as a minge.
2. I'm online A LOT, meaning I could help a lot in keeping the servers minge-free. Also, I'm active on Flood, unlike most other people.
3. Most people that have met me in-game (minges excluded) like me, and in general I can say I'm a nice person.
4. I am very patient with minges, meaning that I don't kick for first-offences. I give two to three warnings before starting a votekick, except in a few cases (such as RDMing his traitor buddy or the detective in TTT unprovoked).
5. I try to not hold a grudge against anyone, meaning everytime someone rejoins, they haven't done anything. This doesn't count on people minging all the time, of course.
6. I try to react to most calls for help in the servers, no matter on which server it comes from.
[Edit, add or delete reasons the easy way! Made like this so you get an idea of what to write here - don't copy and paste the exact same things ...]

[color=blue]Why I want to be VIP[/color]:
[Change however you want to change it]

[color=blue]Contributions to RND[/color]:
[Tell people what you've contributed to RND. Everything counts; guides, maps, scripts, whatever. Just don't lie about stuff you contributed (people will find out) and don't say you banned a lot of minges. Don't. Do. It.]

[color=blue]Situations[/color]:

!!!!!!!!!!!!![b]Do not use the following situations one-to-one!! DON'T! THIS IS A REFERENCE![/b]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[u]Someone is prop pushing on Flood[/u]
1. First warning.
-> keep doing: Second Warning
-> still keeps doing: Start a votekick for prop pushing.
-> Joins back, keeps prop pushing: Give a last warning.
-> If the subject is still acting wrong: Start a voteban for continous prop pushing after several warnings.
-> If person comes back, still prop pushes: Start another voteban, if nothing, tell an admin/report.

[u]People are money rounding in Flood[/u]
1. I will tell them that they won't get any money from it.
-> if they keep doing it: tell them a second time that it is useless and also give a warning.
-> if they still keep it up: Give them a last warning, then starting a countdown for them to jump.
-> if they have no intention to jump during and after the countdown: Start a votekick on the one with the most money.
-> they come back and money round again: give them one final chance to stop.
-> if stupidity wins over their common sense: Start a voteban on one of them, most likely the one with the most money.
-> if comes back and keeps doing: Start another voteban, if continous behaviour, tell an admin or report on the forum.

[u]Killing fellow Traitor buddy on TTT[/u]
1. I ask them why they did it.
-> if it was an accident or after the other traitor buddy tried to kill them: leave it be, tell them to not do it again. If the second situation occurs, warn the other person.
-> if person does it again on 'accident': Start a votekick for RDMing a fellow traitor twice.
-> if it was on purpose: Start a votekick on them for RDMing fellow traitors.
-> if they come back and do it again: Start another votekick.
-> if person does it a third time: Start a voteban.

[u]RDMing the detective as an innocent[/u]
1. Ask the person why they RDMed the Detective
-> if it was because the Detec was randomly shooting people: Leave it be, check how many people the detective killed
-> if it was for no reason: Start a votekick on the person.
Refer to the list above to see further consequences.

[u]Someone is glitching (not spawned on glitch, TTT and Flood)[/u]
1. Tell the person to stop glitching and give instructions on how to suicide.
-> if person doesn't have a console: tell him/her to rejoin the server.
-> if person does have a console, but won't suicide: Warn him/her another time to suicide or rejoin.
-> if he/she still keeps glitching: Start a votekick for glitching/holding up the round.
-> if he/she comes back and glitches again on purpose: Give one final warning.
-> still nothing: Start a voteban.
-> if comes back and keeps doing: Give one warning, then start a voteban for repeated glitching after several warnings.

[u]Someone is using a name changer[/u]
I would try to ban the name changer by myself in the server, and if that's not possible, I would get the SteamID and report the subjct to an admin.

[u]Someone is using an aimbot[/u]
1. I would keep an eye on them (suiciding early on to spectate them). Get SteamID.
-> if it's just skill: I'd tell the people that just because someone is good, doesn't mean they use aimbots.
-> if it's getting weird (turning around the corner instantly shooting three people in the head): Keep watching. If anything similar happens again, start a votekick on them for using Aimbots.
-> if person keeps using aimbots: Repeat procedure above, if confirmed use of it, start a voteban.
-> person still uses hax after all: report on the forums.

[u]Someone is using speedhacks[/u]
Exact same procedure as described above.

[u]Someone is mic-spamming, general population wants him/her gone[/u]
I would tell them how to mute people and that mic spamming is not a kick/bannable offense

[u]Someone is constantly disrespecting other people[/u]
1. Tell them to stop.
-> if person listens: everything's okay.
-> if he/she keeps up the disrespective behaviour: Warn them another time.
-> still no intention of stoping: Start a votekick for their behaviour.
-> comes back, keeps up the behaviour: Warn them one last time, saying I will voteban him/her if he/she doesn't stop.
-> keeps it up: Start a voteban for repeated disrespective behaviour.

[color=blue]Games I have (on Steam)[/color]:
Garry's Mod
[Your Steam Games here]

[color=blue]Methods to contact me:[/color]
[b]MSN[/b]:
[b]xfire[/b]:
[b]Steam[/b]:
[b]GFWL (Games for Windows Live)[/b]:
[b]Xbox Live[/b]:
[b]ICQ:[/b]

[color=blue]A few friends active in RND[/color]:
[Insert Name] [Link to Steam Profile] / [Link to Forum Profile]

Thanks to Don for reference to this app!

Which looks like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PLEASE use this as a reference, but just copying and pasting will not get approval.

2. Get your application posted!

Politely contact a VIP or Admin and mention that you are considering the VIP rank and request your carefully planned out application (that you have been spending a little bit of time on) to be posted in the applications board!

3. Get Admin and VIP feedback!

Assuming you know a few VIP and/or Admins, politely contact them to post their opinion of you receiving the VIP rank. The more feedback you get the better your chances of approval.

4. Get approved!

Now for you, this process is mostly a waiting game. The admins and I will review together each individual application and post a final judgement call. I will post the final judgement as the last post for every application. This does not mean I am the only one deciding the applications. The majority of the opinion will come from the VIPs and Admins currently most interested in that application.

Once you are approved feel free to contact an Admin to get your status.

Note that this process will not be as time dependent as before, but it will allow for decent time and consideration before judgement.

Please give a few weeks before any consideration is given, thanks!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:39:36 PM by coolzeldad »
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt