Author Topic: Loke's Map Pack! No download links yet!  (Read 160 times)

Offline Loke

• Click Click
  • Windows UserCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Boom
  • Respect: +88
Loke's Map Pack! No download links yet!
« on: August 05, 2012, 10:05:59 AM »
Alright, so I got Juan to compile 2 maps for me as I can't.
Here they are:
zs_infected_hostpital_revisited:
Pretty much all I did was remove the ammoboxes (except one) and removed the health stations (except one).
I also attempted to fix the spawncamping situation and put block bullets So that the humans cant shoot through them, but can go through them.
DL link: COMING SOON

zs_militaryoffice
So this one was easy to make. It has a fully functional elevator and it has a medical room and 2 places to cade so the zombies don't have to go everywhere searching for the humans. It has no health stations, but vials and medkits so you are limited on the HP. I have made the map leaning on the zombies side, but there is a ammobox with buckshot somewhere. (Hint: Human Spawn) So that the humans have a chance.
Its pretty much a military office because well, it has a medical room with a keypad to lock it. (No code needed).

zs_tower_of_heights
Not done yet. When this is done, all my maps will be put up for download. Pretty much a remake of fear tower but with different traps.

Screenshots:
Coming soon.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:38:43 AM by Loke »
Allah's Snackbar is best food place.

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
Re: zs_infected_hospital_revisited
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 10:14:10 AM »
i actually started something with that map, one solution is to make a hallway wich leads to a ramp to the kitchen and also adding a ladder in the hole spawn.

also there are a lot of places you can add the nodraw texture, mainly inside the unreacheble rooms and under zombies spawn entrance ramp.

There must be more places, but those where the ones wich i took a look at.

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
  • Respect: +338
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 12:07:18 PM »
Lol i asked him this a long time ago, he said it was ok, i finished it but i forgot where i put it

i should probably go fish it out and upload it..if i can find it
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:12:52 PM by Juan_Ambriz »

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline Alkaline

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +430
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 02:19:25 PM »
Ask Proudly for the .vmf instead of decompiling because recompiling a decompiled map leads to a lot of issues. If he doesn't have the original .vmf, decompile the map and remake all of the brushes with snap-to-grid on. And by doing this, you're basically making a new map so you should just rename it to something else.

If you look at the old insane asylum and compare it to the new version, you can see that the new one works with a layout that mimics the old one but is made from scratch.
Here are some pics of the changes for the asylums:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I honestly think the creator of the new version did a great job by adding some new assets, stretching the layout a bit, and revamping the lighting.

If you take the old infected hospital, retexture it, give it more props, and add a hallway or extra rooms, it's going to get the same complaints as the old version. This is definitely a project that would take a few weeks to create and finalize. Also, remove the ammo crates and health stations. I think these were the main reasons humans always survived and spawned-camped.

I will give you something later. For now, tone that erection down and wait.
A Man named William Reed's last living testament says that he is going to read his own will.

Will Reed's will will read "Will Reed will read Will Reed's will"

Offline Loke

• Click Click
  • Windows UserCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Boom
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 03:16:48 PM »
Ask Proudly for the .vmf instead of decompiling because recompiling a decompiled map leads to a lot of issues. If he doesn't have the original .vmf, decompile the map and remake all of the brushes with snap-to-grid on. And by doing this, you're basically making a new map so you should just rename it to something else.

If you look at the old insane asylum and compare it to the new version, you can see that the new one works with a layout that mimics the old one but is made from scratch.
Here are some pics of the changes for the asylums:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I honestly think the creator of the new version did a great job by adding some new assets, stretching the layout a bit, and revamping the lighting.

If you take the old infected hospital, retexture it, give it more props, and add a hallway or extra rooms, it's going to get the same complaints as the old version. This is definitely a project that would take a few weeks to create and finalize. Also, remove the ammo crates and health stations. I think these were the main reasons humans always survived and spawned-camped.

I have attempted to fix the spawncamping, and I think I did a pretty good job.
Also, I can't be the one to compile it because I can't keep the computer on all night and it would take too long during the day.
If anyone wants to compile it PM me please.

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
  • Respect: +338
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 07:59:16 PM »
Lol i asked him this a long time ago, he said it was ok, i finished it but i forgot where i put it

i should probably go fish it out and upload it..if i can find it

Or not

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerCat LoverDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• the power of the scout's code
  • Respect: +256
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 08:15:40 PM »
Thank god someones finally fixing the spawn camping problem.
Shit was annoying as fuck
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline Loke

• Click Click
  • Windows UserCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Boom
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 09:59:49 AM »
Thank god someones finally fixing the spawn camping problem.
Shit was annoying as fuck

Shit's gonna be cash at wave 7 if the humans are retarded enough to try to spawncamp.

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 10:47:37 AM »
i actually started something with that map, one solution is to make a hallway wich leads to a ramp to the kitchen and also adding a ladder in the hole spawn.

I fail to see how that specific issue would help much if at all.  They'd just camp the tunnel, and camp the hole spawn even harder.

IMO making the map have spawnpoints for zombies like in underpass, aeolus, etc would be a good idea.  Even if there are issues regarding that which would need to be overcome, it seems easier to face without breaking everything.

lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Loke

• Click Click
  • Windows UserCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Boom
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 10:23:07 PM »
Bump.
You guys don't really need to shit your pants.
All I did was make it so that there was only one health station and one hidden but findable without doing anything ammo box, and I fixed the spawncamping with some block bullets brush and func_physbox which makes players not collide with it.

I'm going to have to get Juan to compile this one, too because my computer is old as fuck. The only new thing about this is the video card and I don't have the cash right now to get a new one.

So tomorrow I should have this uploaded and ready.