Author Topic: HL2 Cinematic Mod (NO, it doesn't come with those horrible replacement NPC model  (Read 96 times)

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
http://cinematicmod.com/cinematic_mod_11.php

Ignore the "Characters" tab. Every single thing there is absolutely terrible, and the mod already comes with HD versions of the vanilla characters so don't waste your time.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgnT4M-bGYA

PROS:

>graphical upgrades
>doesn't have those terrible fucking replacement models by default, so please don't post a picture of one of them because they're not here in the vanilla version of the mod
>Definitely much harder on Normal, you have to actually be careful. There's a reason your "Hazardous EnVironment Suit" isn't called "Hazardous EnVironment Combat Armor". Explosives, Gunships, Combine Elites, Shotgunners, and getting hit by Strider shots will mess up your day. You see a grenade you hit that shit with your Gravity Gun or run. I've been killed by a grenade while I had full health and 75 charge and I wasn't exactly shoving it up my asshole.
>can choose between vanilla HL2 weapons or new models/sounds if you don't like the new weapons
>Choosing to use the mod's weapons enables ironsights, which will be slightly useful as the game is harder
>Did I mention the game is harder?
>much better atmosphere
>Did I also mention the game looks a lot better? As in, you will NOT be able to play regular HL2 after this.

PRO OR CON, DEPENDS ON PERSON:
>The new gun sounds may be ehh to some people. Personally, I like all of the new gunshot files except the AR2 and .357 Revolver

CONS:

(cons fixable with the console)
>Poison Zombies seem to have been nerfed, and Striders now get killed by two rockets on Normal. Seriously, what the fuck?
>choosing to play with the new weapons lets you hold thirteen pulse rifle balls and nine SMG grenades
>shotgun seems to have been nerfed to at least half power, at most 80%. It might as well be shooting peas propelled using a blank .22LR

(just cons in general)
>The new Pulse Rifle is just a tacticooled version of the SMG with a sound that I, personally, hate
>is a little TOO hard in places. Good luck going through the Citadel with your mega Gravity Gun and have fun going through "Route Kanal"
>the lighting is a little too dark in a few places
>Antlions seem to have been buffed. Fuck Antlions.
Miami's Finest

Offline yoshi

• as I said, pretty nice.
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +377
God, i remember cinematic mod when it was on version 5. Where every character didn't look like derp.

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
God, i remember cinematic mod when it was on version 5. Where every character didn't look like derp.

...the characters don't look like derp unless you download the derp versions.
Miami's Finest

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
Meh. It makes the game worse IMO, even without the new character models.

Now if the AI was improved, that would be something I'd like.
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.