Author Topic: Map idea/suggestion thread  (Read 303 times)

Offline Cable

• hi
  • Respect: +1085
Map idea/suggestion thread
« on: July 21, 2012, 04:54:29 PM »
Current Project: zs_fear_maze

The other day I got really motivated to make a map. I then proceeded to stare at my screen because I had shit for ideas.

SO GIVE EM TO ME
If I use it, I'll credit you.

hav a nice day
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:15:11 PM by Cable »

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerCat LoverDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• the power of the scout's code
  • Respect: +256
Re: Map idea/suggestion thread
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 05:30:48 PM »
ZS_Moon_base

Basically we're assuming humans crated technology that allows a dome to store oxygen even in space and created one on the moon, due to the moons non fertile soil there should be greenhouses around the dome (playable area). The next crew came from zombie infested earth (Zombie spawn is landed rocket) unaware they were infected and became zombies on the ride. There should be an airlock connecting the zombiespawn and dome for logical reason, main barricading facilities would most likely be the greenhouses.
Feel free to change any of this to match your liking.
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline Apie2

• WAAAAZAAHHHH, You can eat me O_o
  • Respect: +821
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 06:49:34 AM »
Chernobyl.
Stripclub ._.
Some kind of gianst supermarket
Maybe something like VCI Headquarters Levels or Russian Submarine Levels out Tomb Raider Chronicles.
Dunno if they are all good but this are some ^^

Offline Shawn

• Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
  • Respect: +373
    • The Vault
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 09:15:32 AM »
Well a map for what gamemode?

Offline Cable

• hi
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 12:01:29 PM »
Well a map for what gamemode?

uh zs I guess. I don't think making ttt maps is fun

Offline Shawn

• Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
  • Respect: +373
    • The Vault
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 12:21:13 PM »
uh zs I guess. I don't think making ttt maps is fun

How about a mall? Zombies spawns in the parking lot humans inside

- Doors can be locked/barricaded or maybe a gate that goes down to slow down the zombies from getting in if the humans find the gate switch...
- Of course a basement with a passage that leads outside so zombies have another way in...

Offline Cable

• hi
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 12:37:16 PM »
How about a mall? Zombies spawns in the parking lot humans inside

- Doors can be locked/barricaded or maybe a gate that goes down to slow down the zombies from getting in if the humans find the gate switch...
- Of course a basement with a passage that leads outside so zombies have another way in...

hmm... That sounds pretty sweet. I'd need to use custom textures and models though.

Offline Loke

• Click Click
  • Windows UserCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Boom
  • Respect: +88
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 02:20:38 PM »
Well....

Why not zs_the_grid?

Its where the Humans are on grid-like walkways that are suspended in the air, with broken rails at most parts.

The humans have to deactivate the nuclear bomb by finding the deactivation code, if they do not find the code in time, 3 seconds before the round ends, the bomb goes off, making sure the zombies always win.
But how they would get the code is custom decals with numbers hidden around the map and they have to find them and put them in the right order.
But the thing is, 3 tries for the code. BUTT ,(heh), there is a computer that on the screen keeps repeating the code for 40 seconds when the player presses e on it. After the 40 seconds, the order of the code is displayed, but the doors go into lockdown until a person finds the switch that is active. (randomly chosen). Then the humans are either slaughtered by that time, or they are in a big pack. Once the code is entered, Some of the walls flip open and it shows prop guns so the nooblets will think that there is breakable glass infront of them. (HUEHUEHUEHUHEU) ALSO, after all this shit is done, the game returns to normal gameplay.

You like?  :-\
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 03:58:10 PM by Loke »
Allah's Snackbar is best food place.

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
    View More Badges!

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 08:49:29 PM »
+1
Well....

Why not zs_the_grid?

Its where the Humans are on grid-like walkways that are suspended in the air, with broken rails at most parts.

The humans have to deactivate the nuclear bomb by finding the deactivation code, if they do not find the code in time, 3 secods before the round ends, the bomb goes off, making sure the zombies always win.
But how they would get the code is custom decals with numbers hidden around the map and they have to find them and put them in the right order.
But the thing is, 3 tries for the code. BUTT ,(heh), there is a computer that on the screen keeps repeating the code for 40 seconds when the player presses e on it. After the 40 seconds, the order of the code is displayed, but the doors go into lockdown until a person finds the switch that is active. (randomly chosen). Then the humans are either slaughtered by that time, or they are in a big pack. Once the code is entered, Some of the walls flip open and it shows prop guns so the nooblets will think that there is breakable glass infront of them. (HUEHUEHUEHUHEU) ALSO, after all this shit is done, the game returns to normal gameplay.

You like?  :-\
Or basically the map where frequent players rush to the nuke and enter the code or minges enter the wrong code and everyone dies.
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline Loke

• Click Click
  • Windows UserCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Boom
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 03:56:59 PM »
Or basically the map where frequent players rush to the nuke and enter the code or minges enter the wrong code and everyone dies.

Thats the part where I say that there is a custom texture of number 0-9 and the code is a 4 digit code randomly chosen. And I don't think I put in that if the code is entered wrong that the nuke explodes.

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
    View More Badges!

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 04:27:12 PM »
Thats the part where I say that there is a custom texture of number 0-9 and the code is a 4 digit code randomly chosen.

And I don't think I put in that if the code is entered wrong that the nuke explodes.

It would be nearly impossible to have a generation script that randomly chooses the numbers both on the screen and bomb without one being different from the other using SDK.

People will just spam the nuke, So to say if someone tries to enter  the code a nublet runs up and presses 3 repetitively making the codes always wrong, kind of like the switch on ttt_clue

Also
But the thing is, 3 tries for the code.
Enter the code wrong 3 times.
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline Loke

• Click Click
  • Windows UserCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Boom
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 11:28:53 PM »
It would be nearly impossible to have a generation script that randomly chooses the numbers both on the screen and bomb without one being different from the other using SDK.

People will just spam the nuke, So to say if someone tries to enter  the code a nublet runs up and presses 3 repetitively making the codes always wrong, kind of like the switch on ttt_clue

Also  Enter the code wrong 3 times.
Then the bomb goes off how it would normally. It wont instantly blow up, or that would be retarded

Offline Supertoaster

• A completely superfluous bottle of cough syrup
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Only six bucks
  • Respect: +1236
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 12:51:12 AM »
If anyone has played the HL2:DM map dm_runoff

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
    View More Badges!

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 06:35:13 AM »
Then the bomb goes off how it would normally. It wont instantly blow up, or that would be retarded
So basically we don't have to worry about it going off instantly
But we do a minute and 40 seconds later?
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline Loke

• Click Click
  • Windows UserCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Boom
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 09:32:35 AM »
If it were to go off normally, the bomb would explode when there are 3 seconds left to the game.