Author Topic: TTT_Culdesac  (Read 148 times)

Offline Foogals

• lolsup
  • Respect: +2
TTT_Culdesac
« on: April 13, 2012, 11:12:12 PM »
Hey guys, just wanted to give a try at mapping the Cul-de-sac from Ed, Edd, and Eddy. Was wondering what your thoughts on it were and which game mode it would be best suited for. I personally think TTT is the best gamemode for it but I can also see ZS working on a map of this sorts.

Concept and General Idea

I must admit though, it is a rather steep project and given that I take it seriously enough I can easily imagine spending the summer on it. Still though, interesting concept to me. Thoughts, Criticism, Suggestions?

Offline Tezuni

• Respect: +162
Re: TTT_Culdesac
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:19:47 PM »
yeah sounds fun for ttt, good luck

Offline cogsandspigots

• Respect: +612
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 11:27:54 PM »
Make sure it doesn't become another krusty krab.

Offline Foogals

• lolsup
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:29:31 PM »
As I am aware, which is why I'm openly asking for any help from any mapper who would like to help in any way.

Offline Doctor Who

• Slippery midget
  • Starcraft 2
  • Respect: +170
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 12:09:41 AM »
As I am aware, which is why I'm openly asking for any help from any mapper who would like to help in any way.
You should be able to get help from juan, cable, alkaline, and tezuni since they're the main mapmakers for our servers..

Thanks Crypto for this banner <3

I WAS TELEPORTING EVERYWHERE
TOTALL BS
i was at 2.5k ping
gggg
LOL -Alex

Offline Alkaline

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +430
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 04:53:48 PM »
It has been done.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=121503

But it looks disgusting with the HL2 textures and it was meant for machinimas and building.
I'd say it is great location to map but it may prove itself difficult to create if you are new to mapping with the source engine.
I think it will work best with TTT as you wouldn't have to worry about lack of props and the layout will be based on outside areas.

If I undertook this project, I would first begin by creating custom textures to fit the theme and draw out a detailed sketch of specific measurements (i.e. the width of the road, ceiling height, space in between houses, etc. ).
Another thing you should keep in mind is how many houses you want to make accessible.

I bid you good luck.
A Man named William Reed's last living testament says that he is going to read his own will.

Will Reed's will will read "Will Reed will read Will Reed's will"

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 07:21:19 PM »
It has been done.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=121503

But it looks disgusting with the HL2 textures and it was meant for machinimas and building.
I'd say it is great location to map but it may prove itself difficult to create if you are new to mapping with the source engine.
I think it will work best with TTT as you wouldn't have to worry about lack of props and the layout will be based on outside areas.

If I undertook this project, I would first begin by creating custom textures to fit the theme and draw out a detailed sketch of specific measurements (i.e. the width of the road, ceiling height, space in between houses, etc. ).
Another thing you should keep in mind is how many houses you want to make accessible.

I bid you good luck.

That looks fucking terrible.

we gonna need custom textures
Miami's Finest

Offline Mehis

• lolbai
  • Respect: +88
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 05:07:25 AM »
Giving yourself this huge project isn't going to end up well. You will end up ragequitting.
You don't have any specific custom content to use, probably no modelling and texturing skills either. Even though you would finish this project, it would end up looking bad.

I don't know have you mapped before but you need to give yourself an easier project. Do something small to improve on your skills. Like I said, you will just end up ragequitting.

If you're still wanting to go on, good luck!

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 03:39:55 PM »
mehis is right, if you have never mapped before, not even fucked around in hammer, you should try making something small like a house with a pool and a playground.

i did that thinking "man this will be easy"... it looked a little bit crappy and took me a week.

you should first do something small if you haven't... so you learn well how to use all the tools, to learn how sometimes hammer goes crazy and you can't fix something you fucked so you don't make the same mistake again and things like that.

S[hes] Br[ok]en