Author Topic: VIP Suggestions  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Cable

• hi
  • Respect: +1085
Re: VIP Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 04:13:57 AM »
Foofoo and Shockah would be quite the dapper gentlemen for the job.

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
  • Respect: +546
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 07:15:49 AM »
Foofoo and Shockah would be quite the dapper gentlemen for the job.

I think Shockah is already VIP ingame, which has really helped so far.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions guys - I've been trying to be a lot more active lately but it's shown very difficult because of school and other stuff.

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 08:57:00 AM »
I think that some of the VIPs we already have need to be a bit more decisive. Same goes for admins, too.

I'll join TTT, and see a shitload of RDMing and baiting going on. I figure that I'm the first VIP to join, and then I realize that there's a VIP and admin in the server, both completely oblivious. It's nobody specific, but I recall this happening quite often.

I don't know about foofoo and shockah 100%, since I haven't seen them ingame often lately. Some of my trepidation about Shockah might just be since he was promoted before without much community consent, so I'll stay out of that.

As for TehHank, Dark Pacifist, and and Ciao Time... I'm really not sure. I'm still going to put a solid no on Pacifist. I think Ciao Time needs to be more active on the forums just so that we can actually know what he's like, instead of going off of the opinion of a few people.

You don't need to be authoritive to be VIP.

first VIP lesson: yes you do

Not sure about Kahuna. I've had a little trouble with him in the past, and haven't seen much of him since. I know I should logically let it go, but it's all I have to judge him on right now.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
Not sure about Kahuna, I'd be more than fine with FooFoo being promoted, and dark Pacifist... not sure. Ciao Time is a definite no. He seems like a cool guy, but he also seems like one who would jump to conclusions before banning or kicking. He's complained about me in the servers saying I don't do anything when I'm actually A) not afk and B) busy looking into the situation or have actually already dealt with it. He's seemed to die down on that a little bit but I don't know if that's just because he's keeping it to himself or he's still being ignorant.
And gamefreak, the admins and VIPs can't see everything all the time... that's nice and dandy if you see it, but I'm often doing stuff when in-game though I try not to, or am already looking into the situation when you start complaining about me not doing anything. If you want more action to be done in situations, message me on Steam like most people do, don't just say "oh okay admins aren't going to do anything again" because no, I won't do anything if no one's telling me what's going on.

EDIT:
Actually, I change my opinion on Ciao Time. Now that I think of it, based on his personality the whole ignorance ordeal may not be an issue, because I think he may use the fact that he thinks no admins could moderate the servers to save their lives and his assumptions might actually make him act more and try to show that he knows how to moderate. So... though I don't like his attitude towards admins and his distrust and slight ignorance, I think he may be a good VIP. I'll talk to him to see if he'd even want VIP.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:25:21 AM by Sabb »

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 10:40:49 AM »
And gamefreak, the admins and VIPs can't see everything all the time...
He's right on this one. I've seen VIPs that didn't do anything when they saw someone doing something bad and some of the VIPs seem like they didn't even care whats going on if it didn't effected them.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 10:45:19 AM »
He's right on this one. I've seen VIPs that didn't do anything when they saw someone doing something bad and some of the VIPs seem like they didn't even care whats going on if it didn't effected them.
Well idk about the VIPs. I'm sure the admins have explanation one way or another though.

Offline Cable

• hi
  • Respect: +1085
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 11:57:45 AM »
I will admit that I haven't been doing my job as a VIP. When I'm on TTT, I don't keep an eye out for things that are against the rules unless they are blatantly obvious.

I'll work on getting better with that.

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
  • Respect: +338
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 12:21:28 PM »

I sometimes dont do anything mainly because I consent with the person first asking why they did that and such. If they don't reply I just kick them or if they don't tell me anything
Of course unless they did something completely wrong like mass RDM and hacking

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 12:27:24 PM »
Just wondering, how many European VIP's have we got?

Offline semy32

• Respect: +72
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 12:40:43 PM »
Just wondering, how many European VIP's have we got?

Not many...

There's Apie and....... uhh...

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 01:18:41 PM »
Well I'm not saying that VIPs should go full 100% watching over everything, I'm not doing that either, well maybe sometimes when shit gets serious.

Offline Pryvisee

• Half-Life Enthusiast.
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +231
    • Build a boat
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 01:49:44 PM »
I think Shockah is already VIP ingame, which has really helped so far.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions guys - I've been trying to be a lot more active lately but it's shown very difficult because of school and other stuff.

School? Aren't you guys out yet? :o

I'm not too familiar with the new people, so I really couldn't suggest anyone other than FooFoo ofc.

Sabb: oh when'd you get there!?
Sabb: That was embarrassing.

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 02:19:57 PM »
Can I be a candidate?

-Dark, recently you've been getting less and less active which is not what we need right now. Dark I don't know how else to put it but you're a minge, I've seen multiple occasions (and kicked you for em) in which you revenge rdm, karma bait, or act just plain stupid. Absolutely not, you can't restrain yourself from bending/breaking the rules how can we expect you to enforce them?

-I still maintain that Tehank doesn't have the personality or knowhow to be VIP

-Ciao time isn't active at all on forums and barely in game

-Foofoo is the man for the job if there is one right now for the aforementioned reasons

-For all you recently inactive folk I'm already VIP and I like to think I've been doing a good job :/

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 03:24:05 PM »
I think I may be judging the VIPs by too-strict standards, but my point still stands. I don't wait for people to tell me when someone is breaking the rules, I look for myself. I take damagelogs at the end of EVERY ROUND, and if something seems unusual then I'll ask the person in question and warn them if I have to.

That's not something I expect of everyone, but I do expect initiative at the very least.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 03:27:17 PM »
I think I may be judging the VIPs by too-strict standards, but my point still stands. I don't wait for people to tell me when someone is breaking the rules, I look for myself. I take damagelogs at the end of EVERY ROUND, and if something seems unusual then I'll ask the person in question and warn them if I have to.

That's not something I expect of everyone, but I do expect initiative at the very least.
Stuff like that is usually why I'm busy/afk a lot btw.

And Shockah, Ciao is actually quite active on the servers, but not on the forums. You don't need to be on the forums at all to be a ranked member.